'I pay the taxes and mortgage in this house'...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At my Hermitage
    Remember when your dad or mom made that statement growing up...

In this season of watching 2A court news and videos... I one upped it with my smooth brain college sons... 'In this house, I'm also the Supreme Court'. 'You may not like my decision but it's my decision.'..

Edit: my oldest is considering law school, hence my reference to USSC. :lmfao:

Sheesh. :wallbash::thumbsup:

Last edited:

Lpherr

In a blue bubble
    The first time my father said that to me I moved out. I was 16, just a few days short of 17.
    By the time I was 16, I was rarely at "home".
    Went to school, had a job, and a girlfriend. I often would sleep at a friends house, and the times I went "home", it was long enough for a shower and a couple hours of sleep.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    For my sons, enlisting in the US Marine Corp was a better option than staying with dad after HS graduation. Both of them enlisted two years apart almost to the day, 17 and 10 months and off to Parris Island. All of us turned 18 on the island.
    One will be home this weekend for a bit before his next overseas gig, I haven't seen him for a year. It will be a fun few months.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    After my mom left my dad she moved into my house while she figured out her stuff and to save up cash for her own place etc. I tried that "while you live under my roof you will love by my rules" line. She laughed at me. I guess that line only works one direction. :D

Vodnik4

Aspiring Redneck
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2021
    Monroe
    “While the good old US of A is a Republic, this right here is a tyranny — and I’m the Tyrant. Democracy starts at the end of the driveway.” The little ones are still trying to figure out what the big words mean, but they get the message.

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    This thread got awesome really fast.

My mom was actually kinda cool until she loaded everything up in the bed of my pickup truck in the middle of the winter when I was 18. She left the keys in the ignition and parked it on the side of the road at least. I stayed at my buddy Jeremy’s place for a couple of days until I figured out my next move.

I don’t really remember where I went or what I did after that…but now I’m here on INGO so it couldn’t have been anything good!

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I ran our house like the UN. But I was the only permanent member of the security council. That way I had veto power over everything. :D

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I guess I got lucky, never had to use the line on my 15 or 5 year old. Now my 1 year old and wife… that’s a different story.

Top Bottom