I need to vent about how terrible Indianapolis is.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    My title supports it. The main premise is still the incompetence of the city and their refusal to act.

You could change your title to, "Indianapolis Animal Control Sucks" or something else. Animal control does NOT define a city.

If it's so bad, do something about it. Call your representatives. Take order. Otherwise, STFU or GTFO.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    You could change your title to, "Indianapolis Animal Control Sucks" or something else. Animal control does NOT define a city.

If it's so bad, do something about it. Call your representatives. Take order. Otherwise, STFU or GTFO.
    :+1:

your issue does not represent the city, it represents Animal Control, a small entity of the city

gvsugod

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Mar 19, 2012
    SW Indianapolis
    Well we called the Mayor Action center, IMPD, Animal Control, and 911 dispatch. How about how terrible Indianapolis city services.

I will be complaining about this.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    How about you talk to your Neighbors?!

Apparently it might have helped to resolve your problems. I am glad you live in the City, do us all a favor out here in the Country and stay there...

gvsugod

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Mar 19, 2012
    SW Indianapolis
    Id love to get out of the city, I am not a city boy. We had to move here because we came from MI and needed somewhere quick. My neighbor isnt home. He works nights. There will be some words tomorrow, cause the rest of my neighbors are pissed that the dogs are there, kids are scared to go outside.

By the way IMPD never showed.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Id love to get out of the city, I am not a city boy. We had to move here because we came from MI and needed somewhere quick. My neighbor isnt home. He works nights. There will be some words tomorrow, causthey probably had some donuts that needed assistance e the rest of my neighbors are pissed that the dogs are there, kids are scared to go outside.

they probably had some donuts that needed help :rolleyes:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Id love to get out of the city, I am not a city boy. We had to move here because we came from MI and needed somewhere quick. My neighbor isnt home. He works nights. There will be some words tomorrow, cause the rest of my neighbors are pissed that the dogs are there, kids are scared to go outside.

Huh....

Must be Country for Michigan then. I would expect a Country Kid to talk to his Neighbors to resolve the Situation, without Calling for the Authorities to become involved...

Personally, I think IMPD and 911 have more important things to deal with than you and a stray dog. :rolleyes:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Living in an Apt. makes this tough but I see folks are not taking care of these problems on their own anymore. Again, Apt. living opens you up to the general public and all that goes with it. Private property is tough enough these days. To get physical or violent with the animals in question might get you in a lurch with LEO as they will come if they get an animal cruelty call. They will let the dogs run amok and possibly bite someone even kids before they respond. But you kick one of them in self defense and you are now the target of the legal system. Crazy how things have changed in the world since I was a kid.
    Be careful in how you deal with this but do deal with it. If the pups go full term adult then your problems only get worse. Ferrell dogs are exactly that, dogs in the purist sense of the word. They will survive. They are not pets. We used to hunt them in the Laural area when I lived over there. They would take livestock just like Coyote.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Ferrell dogs are exactly that, dogs in the purist sense of the word. They will survive. They are not pets. We used to hunt them in the Laural area when I lived over there. They would take livestock just like Coyote.

There are people who will buy a patch of semi-wooded acreage and because somebody else's woods are backed up against it...they think it's OK to let their dogs wander loose. Well...those dogs cross off their property and start running the deer in someone else's woods...you've got potential dead puppies right there. Feral or not.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    There are people who will buy a patch of semi-wooded acreage and because somebody else's woods are backed up against it...they think it's OK to let their dogs wander loose. Well...those dogs cross off their property and start running the deer in someone else's woods...you've got potential dead puppies right there. Feral or not.

I shoot strays constantly here...

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Huh....

Must be Country for Michigan then. I would expect a Country Kid to talk to his Neighbors to resolve the Situation, without Calling for the Authoridon't blties to become involved...

Personally, I think IMPD and 911 have more important things to deal with than you and a stray dog. :rolleyes:

yeah like me and my neighbor who won't turn their music down :rolleyes:

oh wait.. I went next door and asked them kindly to keep it down... it worked... They still hate me and think I am crazy, but it worked.

No need to involve 911 on something that can be handled amongst adults.

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    My dad had a similar incident spring. WT neighbors pit bull was chasing joggers. After running one very spry lady up a brick wall, it decided to come on my parents porch. My dad chased it off, but it went back to the lady on the ledge and was nipping at her. Mom called cops, told them my dad was going to shoot it. They showed up within two minutes after she said he was in the street with his Judge. The dog rushed the cops and got pepper sprayed and went home, where several tickets were issued.

Lesson, next time tell then you are going to shoot it. If they don't come, shoot it.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    :eek:

say it ain't so... you haven't been arrested yet?!!?

Not yet....

All my nieghbors get one warning on their dogs wandering around. It goes something like this, I seen your Dog was on my place. You might want to train it, chain it, or pen it up... :popcorn:

Then, next time it gets shot. I am kind enough to take the dog back to them so they don't have to wonder where it is though... :D

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Not yet....

All my nieghbors get one warning on their dogs wandering around. It goes something like this, I seen your Dog was on my place. You might want to train it, chain it, or pen it up... :popcorn:

Then, next time it gets shot. I am kind enough to take the dog back to them so they don't have to wonder where it is though... :D
    that's mighty white of ya :rofl:

Top Bottom