• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    A post in the Hobby Lobby thread reminded me that the all powerful greeters will shortly be en masse at the WallyWorld (and others) store exits as the Christmas shopping push is forced upon us.
    What's your M.O.?
    "No, thank you" while you keep walking and anticipate sirens?
    Hand over the receipt while giving dirty looks and tapping your foot with hands on hips?
    Approaching the door with your receipt in hand while channeling Clint Eastwood and giving the "Go ahead, Punk" speech through clenched teeth?
    What do you do?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    As much as I despise the process, it does help to keep the prices down due to shoplifting. I grit my teeth, grumble under my breath, and deal with it. The only time I make a scene is when I have to wait in line to exit the store. I refuse to tolerate that.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Depends on where I'm at. If I'm at Sam's Club I show them, it's part of the membership agreement. If I am at Wal-Mart and I don't have something that they normally ask to see a reciept for (H2O softener salt) then I ignore them and keep walking. There's no law that says you have to stop and show anyone a receipt. If you decide to do so it's because you want to. If they really think your a thief then they can call the cops and deal with the lawsuit later.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    At no time do I agree with having to show a receipt.

As much as I hate to admit it, it depends on the mood I am in that day.

One time while walking out of Wally World with my cart overflowing with $250 worth of groceries (in bags) I was asked for my receipt. All because of a mop in my cart (not in a bag). This really irritated me. I simply said "no thank you" and kept walking.

Yesterday I was saved of making the decision while walking out with a bag of salt and soda on the bottom of my cart because the person in front of me was stopped. I simply went around and on my way.
    Carrying does not play a part in this.

I guess a good way around this would be to put your receipt in one of your bags. Tell the greeter it's in one of the bags and your not sure which.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    I don't like it but I always let them , deep down inside I want to say ...

Oh you wanna check sumthin huh !?

Well check deez :bigballs: *EEEEEOTCH !!!! And while your at it , KISS MY HAIRY :moon: !!!

But I figure if I do some JBT will show up with his glock FO TA and ruin my day , so I just go on .

Ever seen Falling Down with Michale Douglas ?

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    If it helps keep the prices down I have no problem with it. I'm generally in not such a hurry that I don't have the extra few seconds to spare.

I don't feel the need to curse them or kick them in the knees. They are just doing the job they were hired to do. Besides...most of them look like my mom. ;)

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    As much as I despise the process, it does help to keep the prices down due to shoplifting.
    Thats the line they parrot, when in truth less than 5% of "shrinkage" falls under that category.

The vast majority is by employees and vendors. Vendors steal stores blind. They never walk in with the merchandise, get a signature saying they brought it in while it was in their vehicle the whole time.

I only show my receipt when I am walking out with unbagged items. That is a legitimate reason to ask for a receipt IMO. Otherwise I say "no thanks" and keep walking. Ditto if the stupid alarm goes off. I don't stop. My time is valuable.

Keep in mind walmart has NO AUTHORITY to detain you or force you to show a receipt! You own the items AND the receipt. They cannot demand it. Should they accuse your of stealing, that is another story. In that event, if you are in the right they stand to get sued.

I do show a receipt at costco because it's part of the agreement of membership I signed.

Big John

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    I don't feel the need to curse them or kick them in the knees. They are just doing the job they were hired to do. Besides...most of them look like my mom. ;)

Dude?

Really I guess you haven't seen the freak shows they have in NWI Wally Worlds.

Picture the white guy with the weird loud voice from Police Academy except with white hair, a couple of really long hairs sticking out of his chin, Boobs near knees and reeking of smoke.

I am going to call your momma and tell her what you said.:D

Back to the thread.

If I have large or unbagged items I don't have a problem but if not so sorry I don't care if the alarm is going off because miss 4.25/hr forgot to deactivate the one in the DVD I bought.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    If there is a god, the one thing that I am thankful to him for is the fact that I have an interesting life, and never have to pretend that I'm Michael Douglas on a rampage and post internet fantasies on a message board. :):

Well aren't you special ? No fantasies , I just get sick of every schmo with a hair's worth of authority (best buy) puffing up and wanting me to fall in line and be searched at their discretion .

I've been arrested one time and it wasn't for being a thief so yea , I kinda resent it .

I don't mind the little old ladies at wally world but I do get irritated with mall cops giving me the stink eye and wanting to check my bags against my receipt .

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I don't mind the little old ladies at wally world but I do get irritated with mall cops giving me the stink eye and wanting to check my bags against my receipt .
    2004-05-04_15-09-37.jpg

Big John

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    :lol2:

Kinda scary looks like Gage from Pet Semetery (yes I know it is spelled wrong go watch the movie again.)

CyberGuyPR

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    NWI
    As many said I only show the receipt if I have unbagged items or something big like an LCD TV or a weedwhacker. For Costco/Sams I'm screwed.

Has anyone had issues at Best Buy? I was present at a heated argument once where they harassed the customer even in the parking lot. That gave me a chance to slip by without being harassed.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I rarely get asked, the only time I've ever been asked is when the cashier has forgotten to deactivate the the theft sensor in something. And at that point I have no prob. But otherwise have never been asked, I just walk right on out.

Top Bottom