• Status
    Not open for further replies.

deal me in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2012
    Avon
    Thanks OP, for reinforcing my (irrational?) hatred of police. I have a funny field sobriety story. When I was younger I used to drink and drive all the time. Once I was so hammered that I was driving with one eye closed to keep from seeing double everything. I got pulled over and just knew I was going to get arrested for DUI, but I did my best to appear sober and took the field sobriety test requested by the cop. I passed with flying colors and he told me to be careful driving home. When I got back in my car, my buddy gave me an incredulous look and I just smiled and said that I guess the officer must have missed the field sobriety testing day at the acadamy.

To head off all the MADD responses. I don't drink and drive anymore. I'm not proud of drinking and driving. I am proud that I passed a field sobriety test while hammered.

Last edited:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Thanks OP, for supporting my (irrational?) hatred of police. I have a funny field sobriety story. When I was younger I used to drink and drive all the time. Once I was so hammered that I was driving with one eye closed to keep from seeing double everything. I got pulled over and just knew I was going to get arrested for DUI, but I did my best to appear sober and took the field sobriety test requested by the cop. I passed with flying colors and he told me to be careful driving home. When I got back in my car, my buddy gave me an incredulous look and I just smiled and said that I guess the officer must have missed the field sobriety testing day at the acadamy.

To head off all the MADD responses. I don't drink and drive anymore. I'm not proud of drinking and driving. I am proud that I passed a field sobriety test while hammered.
    :popcorn:

whocares

Shooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Nov 9, 2010
    Clarksville, IN.
    ok

I was driving on suspended. I am in love with a filthy pig of a woman who throws cigarette butts from cars. I admitt it and accept my consequences.

Oh, WAIT! It was the DUI charge I got while absolutely sober that is the problem.

I guarantee the tone would be.different if this had happened to you. How about the cop who ejected his plastic tube into the front yard of an innocent church. Is this not equally littering. Are the police not supposed to set an example for sheep like myself.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Thanks OP, for supporting my (irrational?) hatred of police. I have a funny field sobriety story. When I was younger I used to drink and drive all the time. Once I was so hammered that I was driving with one eye closed to keep from seeing double everything. I got pulled over and just knew I was going to get arrested for DUI, but I did my best to appear sober and took the field sobriety test requested by the cop. I passed with flying colors and he told me to be careful driving home. When I got back in my car, my buddy gave me an incredulous look and I just smiled and said that I guess the officer must have missed the field sobriety testing day at the acadamy.

not sure what to say other than wow.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I was driving on suspended. I am in love with a filthy pig of a woman who throws cigarette butts from cars. I admitt it and accept my consequences.
    All we're saying is that had she not thrown her flaming trash out the window - there's a good chance you wouldn't have been lit up unless you gave another reason for a stop.

Oh, WAIT! It was the DUI charge I got while absolutely sober that is the problem.
    Which you can't deny could possibly have been avoided entirely by your wife not throwing her flaming trash out the window... That said, she did it - and that time has come and passed. I'm willing to bet, however, that she will continue to throw her lit cigarettes out the window in the future - I'd put a large sum of money on such a bet.

I guarantee the tone would be.different if this had happened to you. How about the cop who ejected his plastic tube into the front yard of an innocent church. Is this not equally littering.
    Nobody ever said the officer wasn't a hypocrite. That said, he was obviously looking for PC to stop you and your wife gave it to him on a flaming platter.

Are the police not supposed to set an example for sheep like myself.
    You would hope so, but not everybody is a good person - cops, carpenters, and mechanics included.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

I guarantee the tone would be.different if this had happened to you. How about the cop who ejected his plastic tube into the front yard of an innocent church. Is this not equally littering. Are the police not supposed to set an example for sheep like myself.

FYI - DUI stands for Driving Under the Influence. The "I" doesn't stand for Intoxicated. It could mean a variety of things. Not limited just to alcohol. :alcoholic:

whocares

Shooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Nov 9, 2010
    Clarksville, IN.
    accountability

THERE SHOULD BE A CIVILLIAN REVIEW BOARD FOR POLICE MISCONDUCT. IT IS THE ONLY WAY A COP WOULD EVER BE HELD TRULY ACCOUNTABLE FOR HIS ACTIONS.

I GET THAT NOT ALL COPS ARE BAD. THE FACT THAT ONLY 1 in 10 MAY BE ACTUAL DIRTY COPS ISNT WHAT MAKES PEOPLE DESPISE LEO PROFESSIONALS. ITS THE WAY THE OTHER 9 of 10 OFFICERS DEFEND THEIR COWORKER BLINDLY. IF I DID THIS WITH ANOTHER PERSON, BLINDLY DEFENDED THEIR BEHAVIOUR REGARDLESS HOW WRONG THEN I WOULD BE.CONSIDERED AN ACCESSORY AFTER THE FACT

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    THERE SHOULD BE A CIVILLIAN REVIEW BOARD FOR POLICE MISCONDUCT. IT IS THE ONLY WAY A COP WOULD EVER BE HELD TRULY ACCOUNTABLE FOR HIS ACTIONS.

I GET THAT NOT ALL COPS ARE BAD. THE FACT THAT ONLY 1 in 10 MAY BE ACTUAL DIRTY COPS ISNT WHAT MAKES PEOPLE DESPISE LEO PROFESSIONALS. ITS THE WAY THE OTHER 9 of 10 OFFICERS DEFEND THEIR COWORKER BLINDLY. IF I DID THIS WITH ANOTHER PERSON, BLINDLY DEFENDED THEIR BEHAVIOUR REGARDLESS HOW WRONG THEN I WOULD BE.CONSIDERED AN ACCESSORY AFTER THE FACT
    CAPS-LOCK-27816683067.jpeg

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I agree but I would change this to, "All people should be held accountable for their actions." No reason to single out the police, no?

I GET THAT NOT ALL COPS ARE BAD. THE FACT THAT ONLY 1 in 10 MAY BE ACTUAL DIRTY COPS ISNT WHAT MAKES PEOPLE DESPISE LEO PROFESSIONALS.
    Actually most people I have known that hated the police, hated them because they at one point had committed a crime, got caught, and arrested. I don't trust a random police officer any more than I trust any other random stranger but I don't despise them.

ITS THE WAY THE OTHER 9 of 10 OFFICERS DEFEND THEIR COWORKER BLINDLY.
    You'll find this in a lot of industries and not limited to law enforcement - welcome to the real world.

IF I DID THIS WITH ANOTHER PERSON, BLINDLY DEFENDED THEIR BEHAVIOUR REGARDLESS HOW WRONG THEN I WOULD BE.CONSIDERED AN ACCESSORY AFTER THE FACT
    Only if it could be proven in court. That said, the court is where this battle needs to be taking place - not here on INGO.

You've not taken any of the good advice given in this thread so far and I don't expect that to change and, as such, good luck.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I agree but I would change this to, "All people should be held accountable for their actions." No reason to single out the police, no?

Actually most people I have known that hated the police, hated them because they at one point had committed a crime, got caught, and arrested. I don't trust a random police officer any more than I trust any other random stranger but I don't despise them.

You'll find this in a lot of industries and not limited to law enforcement - welcome to the real world.

Only if it could be proven in court. That said, the court is where this battle needs to be taking place - not here on INGO.

You've not taken any of the good advice given in this thread so far and I don't expect that to change and, as such, good luck.

I would agree with a couple of caveats.

First, the police who are supposed to uphold the law and are under oath should set the standard, not be afforded the greatest latitude in violating the standard.

Second, while I am sure that there is much merit to the belief that much of the cop-hate comes from those who have rightly found themselves on the receiving end of the law, others have a shortage of trust for much more defensible reasons. In my case, I grew up in a community in which the police were more dishonest than most of the criminals. Subsequently, most of my personal experiences are negative, although in fairness, I have to admit that I largely deal with a specialized subset of police who are charged with enforcing extremely detailed and petty regulations (and at times will admit that they are under pressure to generate revenue--and in the case of a paperwork error are happy with a billable offense even in the event of being able to verify that the problem the records are intended to avoid did not in fact happen).

Third, absolutely right. Most people will group up regardless of the nature of the group.

Fourth, assuming there there is merit to the accusation as presented, the OP needs to shut up, lawyer up, and delete everything he has posted.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I would prefer if we were all held to the same high standard regardless of our profession [or lack there-of] but that's just me.

I am only speaking for those that I have known personally that have disdain for police and can't speak for anybody else including yourself :).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom