Not open for further replies.

whocares

Shooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Nov 9, 2010
    Clarksville, IN.
    who cares

Really this occurance has taken a major toll on me as far as emotionally draining. It has been horrible losing my wallet alone not to mention my name printed in the New Albany Tribune as arrested for driving on suspended and DUI narcotics. I mean it is a huge embarassment for me. With a name like Emile, it tends to be noticed when my name is in any list.

I had to completely close my bank account today because my account numbers were written on a piece of paper in wallet. With my ID and social security card also in wallet it was the only safe option to start a brand new checking account. Its the tip of the iceburg.

I had hoped to find some information on who a good attourney was in New Albany. Maybe someone could have said I know this guy and he does this for the police departments give him a call.

It is a shame that the best I have to choose from is a bunch of random mailers.

I have my first court date Monday 5/13 in Hancocks court in New Albany

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    The real question is...Why didn't they drop your wife off at dunkin donuts?

Some of these posts have me LOL'ing. :)

Can you imagine how awkward it would be to have this lady flinging cigarette butts at you while trying to enjoy a coffee and wake-up wrap?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    A couple of things I would like to cover. Number one, why do some of you quote an entire long winded post, just to post a one sentence response? B, why have we allowed our freedom to flip discarded smoking materials out our windows, be taken away?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    BTW, has the OP bothered to call ISP about his wallet? I have forgotten to give suspects I have arrested their wallets back. I took the wallet to the property room for safe keeping.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Kinda throws the entire story into doubt, doesn't it?

Had my doubts from the start. Having dealt with LEO more than once I find that if you are rude or anything close you will get the full extent of his ability to ruin your night as you are trying to ruin his/hers.
    That said I was not there but driving suspended is not a laughing matter in the courts eyes. You will get smacked on the pee-pee for this.

There....I posted here again.................:rockwoot:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I don't know what the sentencing guidelines for a suspended-prior are in Indiana, but a Class-A Mis is up to 1 year and a $5000 fine. And since OP wrote out an entire confession here on INGO, he's going to lose his case.

IC 9-24-19-2 Version a
    Class A misdemeanor; commission within ten years of prior similar infraction
    Note: This version of section effective until 3-14-2012. See also following version of this section, effective 3-14-2012.
    Sec. 2. A person who operates a motor vehicle upon a highway when the person knows that the person's driving privilege, license, or permit is suspended or revoked commits a Class A misdemeanor if, less than ten (10) years before the date on which the person operates the motor vehicle knowing that the person's driving privilege, license, or permit is suspended or revoked, judgment was entered against the person for a prior unrelated:
    (1) infraction under section 1 of this chapter; or
    (2) offense or infraction under:
    (A) this section;
    (B) IC 9-1-4-52 (repealed July 1, 1991); or
    (C) IC 9-24-18-5(a) (repealed July 1, 2000).
    As added by P.L.32-2000, SEC.1. Amended by P.L.6-2012, SEC.70.
    IC 35-50-3-2
    Class A misdemeanor
    Sec. 2. A person who commits a Class A misdemeanor shall be imprisoned for a fixed term of not more than one (1) year; in addition, he may be fined not more than five thousand dollars ($5,000).
    As added by Acts 1976, P.L.148, SEC.8. Amended by Acts 1977, P.L.340, SEC.124.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I don't know what the sentencing guidelines for a suspended-prior are in Indiana, but a Class-A Mis is up to 1 year and a $5000 fine. And since OP wrote out an entire confession here on INGO, he's going to lose his case.

IC 35-50-3-2
    Class A misdemeanor
    Sec. 2. A person who commits a Class A misdemeanor shall be imprisoned for a fixed term of not more than one (1) year; in addition, he may be fined not more than five thousand dollars ($5,000).
    As added by Acts 1976, P.L.148, SEC.8. Amended by Acts 1977, P.L.340, SEC.124.

Some folks just can not help themselves.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF

However, he claims he had a 12 hour hold before he could bond. Assuming that is true, there is no 12 hour hold on OWS-Prior. Sounds like he was remanded on OWI. Then the question would be, what was the PC for an OWI arrest?

Which assumes that he was indeed remanded for OWI. Given the docket, however...

Inquiring minds are... well, inquiring. But who knows what other facts will emerge.

Best not to post here until the case is resolved. If you're going to post, don't post inaccuracies and then gripe about how you were treated.

holy crap! the bond on suspended-prior in Floyd County is FIFTEEN HUNDRED BUCKS! :faint:

$1500 surety. Equivalent to $150 cash? In mah neck o' the woods it would be $2500 surety or $250 cash. Plus towing and impound. And posting a surety, you get zilch back when the case is resolved.

Last edited:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    However, he claims he had a 12 hour hold before he could bond. Assuming that is true, there is no 12 hour hold on OWS-Prior. Sounds like he was remanded on OWI. Then the question would be, what was the PC for an OWI arrest?

Which assumes that he was indeed remanded for OWI. Given the docket, however...

Inquiring minds are... well, inquiring. But who knows what other facts will emerge.

Best not to post here until the case is resolved. If you're going to post, don't post inaccuracies and then gripe about how you were treated.

$1500 surety. Equivalent to $150 cash? In mah neck o' the woods it would be $2500 surety or $250 cash. Plus towing and impound. And posting a surety, you get zilch back when the case is resolved.

Claims...lots of claims. Around our parts, a DWS Prior arrest will not require ANY bond...same with misd DUI arrests.

Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th
    1.) Like others have said DELETE this post ASAP!
    2.) Hire a damn good lawyer and kick his ass in court!

Either way, his story fell apart with the whole OWS w/prior part. He's gonna get smoked, and it sounds like he might, just possibly, deserve it. That in addition to the fact that his post is the 2nd hit on Google (search string "emile humbert arrested"):

And Google has a cached copy. So even if deleted, Google still has it.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    1.) Like others have said DELETE this post ASAP!
    2.) Hire a damn good lawyer and kick his ass in court!

1) Well, he's been quoted ad nauseum so deleting won't work. He removed his name from the original post but it's still quoted and it's on his profile too.

2) Probably just best to let this slide at this point. Perhaps a complaint if it happened like that but be prepared for the onslaught of minor offense traffic stops coming. Small town politics and what not.

I'm guessing this thread has not added anything positive in the OPs life. Best to quit smoking and follow traffic laws :twocents:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom