I need a favor. Please help my students. Won't cost you anything!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    what does the magical 500 accomplish again? Does the whitehouse have to respond?

In order for the petition to be considered by the USFA rules committee they requested 500 signatures.

Given how small the fencing community is in the US, and given that it is divided into 3 different weapons, with each fencer specializing in only 1 weapon, getting 500 signatures is actually a pretty big accomplishment.

No, the White House has nothing to do with this petition. It will go to the USFA and several governing sub-committees/groups. There are 9 committees/groups that will get this petition.

LINK TO PETITION >>> https://www.change.org/p/usa-fencing-change-the-russian-back-foot-on-the-line-rule-for-usa-fencing

Last edited:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Still one of my favorites...

[video=youtube;zKhEw7nD9C4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKhEw7nD9C4[/video]

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    And of course....

[video=youtube;lC6dgtBU6Gs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=lC6dgtBU6Gs[/video]

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Still 6 to go.

If the goal of fencing is NOT to get the point, how do your students they learn anything? :dunno:

Actually we are talking about Saber, which is not a 'point' weapon but rather an 'edge' weapon. We slash and cut. Foil and Epee are point weapons. Totally different techniques, different rules, different strategies. Saber favors the offense. Foil the defense. Epee is said to favor the counter defense... whatever that is?

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Still 6 to go.

Actually we are talking about Saber, which is not a 'point' weapon but rather an 'edge' weapon. We slash and cut. Foil and Epee are point weapons. Totally different techniques, different rules, different strategies. Saber favors the offense. Foil the defense. Epee is said to favor the counter defense... whatever that is?
    Also:
    Foil = bendy, and watch out for broken blades
    Saber = slashy, for pirates and cavalry wanna-bees
    Epee = pain

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Also:
    Foil = bendy, and watch out for broken blades
    Saber = slashy, for pirates and cavalry wanna-bees
    Epee = pain
    seems legit

But in all honesty, I run the armory for 4 different fencing clubs (2 in Indiana, 2 in Illinois) and I see more broken Saber blades than any other. They make a great noise when they snap and go flying across a room too.

All the blades will break from time to time. I see the tip area of Foils break pretty frequently (top 10" of the blade). Sabers break anywhere and everywhere along the blade, even inside the grip. Typical saber blade lasts about 2 seasons before I start to expect a break. Epee blades tend to break near the tip area or inside the grip (on French grip models) but the lower 1/2 of the blades are so think its next to impossible to break the lower parts of those blades, and if one happens to break down there you better hope you were not the stabbing victim upon which that blade broke ... because there will be a long lasting deep tissue bruise somewhere on your body!

Only five more needed

No sir. Only 2 to go. We are at 498 :rockwoot:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom