I need a favor. Please help my students. Won't cost you anything!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    While signing the alpacas on seemed to invite potential issues if it were questioned, I just posted a link to the petition on another site I frequent and am about to post on another yet.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    At least one person who posted thereafter has signed.

Now up to 425 signatures this morning.

Please do me, and my students, a big favor and sign the petition. You will find it at the link >>> https://www.change.org/p/usa-fencing-change-the-russian-back-foot-on-the-line-rule-for-usa-fencing

If you haven't figured out by now I am a volunteer high school Saber Fencing coach. I have students who fence in both school conference and national USFA events.

A new proposed rule may go into effect which will have my kids competing under 2 different sets of rules, making a training nightmare. The high schools are not adopting this rule, the USFA is adopting it under a testing status.

Even fencing clubs oppose this rule change. You do NOT have to be a fencer to sign the petition! One set of rules will be for the high school conference. Another set of rules will be for USFA events. Worse yet, the new rule is scheduled to kick in at the MIDDLE OF THE SEASON so fencers have to change their strategies and adapt to the rules mid season.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    62 to go!

[video=youtube;F0Lu_CBRLnM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=F0Lu_CBRLnM[/video]

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Getting there slow but sure.

What is getting pretty funny (at least for fencers) is that on some of the fencing forums & facebook pagers there are memes popping up making fun of the new rule, the rules committee etc. Looks like a revolt is starting to simmer among the fencers!

Top Bottom