• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    I don't think I could ever carry my gun in the front.. My back side I am willing to lose.. But the front there is no way.. I carry a 1911 in a Galco IWB at about 4:00.. I have driven to Oklahoma and back and never even noticed it.. You might try adjusting the holster up.. So it is above the natural curve in your back when ya sit..

After my recent purchase of an XDm 5.25, I was trying several different ways to carry other than OC. I had an old IWB nylon $8 holster I cut open at the bottom to let the barrel through. After a few different positions, I settled at 2 o'clock with about a FBI cant. The barrel runs at an angle on my leg. I am a big guy so in this position, the grip is still tucked away. I have carried it for 5 days while driving, shopping and just around the house. Works great. Now I just find a nice IWB that let's me have the cant I need.

EUREKA! I may have solved my dilemma. The jury is still out, but I raised the holster about an inch and added a little forward cant and -- voila'! -- no more jabbing in my love handle. And, with the forward cant, the grip doesn't stick out the back, printing on my shirt.

So far, it seems to work OK sitting down in a chair as well as driving ...

IMG_2859_zpsf81f0b30.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pic. It's not easy to turn sideways, suck in my gut, twist my arm around to take a picture with an iPhone AND push the button!

Thanks for all of the suggestions, everybody. I may not have to buy a Brick after all. :-))

coban

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    SW Indiana
    I have had the best results carrying my 226 & 92 in the basic blackhawk nylon iwb holster. I originally bought the holster because it was cheap and would fit a wide range of guns. After trying it out I found it to be really comfortable because the thin nylon does not add much to the thickness of the gun. I generally carry close to the five o'clock position. I have since bought other sizes to fit all my cc guns. The great thing about this option is that it is cheap to try.

Top Bottom