• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Z-Glock23

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2010
    Highland,IN
    I have over $4k worth of guns in my safe, but the funny thing is that I only have about 7 at the moment between my handguns and shotguns. But trust me the number is growing by the months =]

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    Guns hold their value and we all know to well cars don't. So I say your spending your money wisely :D

That's the thing... Guns only hold their value if:
    1) They were a rare or desirable gun to start with
    2) You retain all of the original packaging and accessories
    3) You don't modify it in any way
    4) You never shoot it (round count bad)

In order for something to be a good investment, you have to get more money back than you put in, even if its only a little.

With guns, your lucky to get what you paid for it back unless it was a rare or expensive gun to start with, and you kept it as a safe queen.... and you waited 10 years to sell it. Just ask the guys trying to sell their "modernized" SKS.

In the end, from an investment standpoint, a well maintained gun does little more than hold its original value. The only difference between collecting guns and hiding your money in your mattress is that guns are a little more fun. :D

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    That's the thing... Guns only hold their value if:
    1) They were a rare or desirable gun to start with
    2) You retain all of the original packaging and accessories
    3) You don't modify it in any way
    4) You never shoot it (round count bad)

In order for something to be a good investment, you have to get more money back than you put in, even if its only a little.

With guns, your lucky to get what you paid for it back unless it was a rare or expensive gun to start with, and you kept it as a safe queen.... and you waited 10 years to sell it. Just ask the guys trying to sell their "modernized" SKS.

In the end, from an investment standpoint, a well maintained gun does little more than hold its original value. The only difference between collecting guns and hiding your money in your mattress is that guns are a little more fun. :D

Lots of guns depreciate in value as they do not keep up with inflation.

I view guns as a semi-liquid bit of capital. They are a savings of last resort for me because I'd have to be in danger of losing the homestead before I would sell them.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    For some reason I do not ever get buyer's remorse when I buy another gun. Heck, in just the last month, I have spent $500 on factory mags for my Ruger mini 14s and 30s. I have guns that I have never shot. Half of my scoped weapons are not even sighted in. I oil my guns more often than I wash my 2008 4X4 pickup truck. I have been through two wives and a couple of other long term relationships. The women are gone, but not the guns that I acquired while I was with them (unless I voluntarily traded or sold it). I have some expensive British House of Hardy fly fishing reels that are worth up to $1000 and would like to sell them so that I could buy some more guns. I do have too many calibers of guns, however. I have to make sure that my .308 Winchester does not get mixed up with my 7.62 NATO and my .223 does not get mixed up with the 5.56 x whatever. Before I ramble on much more about my love for guns, I had better quit and get back to work.

remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    There seems to be a pattern here, we should start a club or some sort of organization. Oh wait, its INGO....... because you cant shoot someone with $600 cash. Gun buys have put me in the red more than once; oh well, I still have them. I didn't buy them to sell them, I bought 'em to use 'em. It always pans out. If you are petering between two Buy Them Both

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    There seems to be a pattern here, we should start a club or some sort of organization. Oh wait, its INGO....... because you cant shoot someone with $600 cash. Gun buys have put me in the red more than once; oh well, I still have them. I didn't buy them to sell them, I bought 'em to use 'em. It always pans out. If you are petering between two Buy Them Both

I think I know why guns put you in the red more than once.

Top Bottom