• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    Holy heck... I currently have nearly 4K tied up in handguns..... and those are only the ones that I haven't sold or traded away.... That doesn't include my AR, my shotguns, or my hunting rifles.

Geez O' Peet... I could have been driving a much nicer car. Anyone else ever have this realization? :D

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Unfortunatly what i spend on guns goes on paper when i file my tax's, so yes, i spend to much on guns.... been selling some of my more prefered ones lately though to get into a nice milling machine... hopefully that will fund some new guns in the future.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Money?? Why no, dear, it doesn't cost me any MONEY to play with my guns, they pay for themselves in security! Not to mention they're always appreciating, so, when I want a new one, I sell one of the old beaters for enough to buy TWO shiny new ones!

She'll believe that, right???

UltraRick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Georgetown
    I had to supply my insurance guy with # of guns and value. Let me tell you it was eye opening! Second was the value of the ammo. That being said, I am not done, nope - not even close.....

Last edited:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I drive a beater so I CAN have alot of money tied up in guns.

I'll take good investments over bad ones any day. :thumbsup:

I can't say I drive beaters, but I do give up some nicer things so I can own a lot of nicer guns and shoot them as much as I want ;)

$3k worth of pistols and a whole lot more than that in rifles. Probably more than $12-15k in rifles (including optics, probably $4k in optics and mounts). The good news is that I think I have my mix of weapons about right, so now it's incremental additions and fine tuning. Would have been more value if I hadn't had to rebuild my house, that sucked most of my free cash for a couple of years.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Why would you have to turn in the number of guns you buy/have/sell and what they are worth? Is it because of the business your in, or is that for everyone?

Why does it even matter how much you spend on guns and ammo? The way I see it, its the best investment you can have. They don't lose their value, they just increase in value, its more fun to shoot more than one gun at a time, and plus its something you can pass down to kids and grandkids. This is the reason I keep insisting my father to keep buying more guns...I'm still trying to convince the wife its the best possible investment too.

bigg cheese

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    Holy heck... I currently have nearly 4K tied up in handguns..... and those are only the ones that I haven't sold or traded away.... That doesn't include my AR, my shotguns, or my hunting rifles.

Geez O' Peet... I could have been driving a much nicer car. Anyone else ever have this realization? :D

*cough* where do you live? *cough*

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana

$4K ? In other words you have ONE nice race gun, some good holsters & spare mags?

Top Bottom