• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Did you not read the part where I said you’re not losing money. This shouldn’t be hard to wrap your head around what I actually said. So want to take another shot at addressing that instead?
    OK, so you're not losing money, you're still making money. What's the problem?

Are you admitting that Landlords PASS along expenses to tenants?

Now I get why some are in love with this economy
    I'm doing just fine....as I did during the last economic downturn. And no, I'm not a landlord. We chose to cash out and sell our last house for 253% of what we paid for it vs renting it out...

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Landlords PASS along expenses to tenants, can you admit that?

I'm doing just fine....as I did during the last economic downturn. And no, I'm not a landlord. We chose to cash out and sell our last house for 253% of what we paid for it...
    I am out of discussion with those that do not even believe they receive benefits for their property, don’t know what is part of property tax vs federal tax, and refuse to try to understand even when links are provided from the state website.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Recap. We're talking about landlords and markets and the extent to which a landlord can pass on the costs. I said all along that cost is a factor in price. It's just one factor though. There's competition. Demand. The consumers. What they're willing to pay.

Saying that in no way implies that they'll take in less money than they spend on the property. It means that if you charge x rent, and your expenses go up by y amount, in a bad market you may not be able to charge x + y for rent, because of all those factors.

Now, I suspect you understand this. Given that you've yet to represent my point honestly, I think you're just being obtuse.

Are you admitting that Landlords PASS along expenses to tenants?
    I have never denied it. My point all along has been that, how much you can charge for rent is limited by markets, and in bad times, you may have to reduce your margins. That doesn't mean you reduce rent. But it can, depending on the market. That doesn't mean you rent for less than it costs you. So I'll give you the opportunity to be honest and reply to what I'm saying rather than the point you attribute to me, for whatever reason.

I'm doing just fine....as I did during the last economic downturn. And no, I'm not a landlord. We chose to cash out and sell our last house for 253% of what we paid for it vs renting it out...
    So you're not even a landlord? Some language you've used implied you are. I hope that wasn't intentional.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I am out of discussion with those that do not even believe they receive benefits for their property, don’t know what is part of property tax vs federal tax, and refuse to try to understand even when links are provided from the state website.
    Who believes that? It's like you keep saying **** and then saying other people's posts mean this nonsense, I guess so you feel like everyone is an idiot and you're not.

But anyway, like I said elsewhere, don't take the football with you. It ain't yours.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Who believes that? It's like you keep saying **** and then saying other people's posts mean this nonsense, I guess so you feel like everyone is an idiot and you're not.

But anyway, like I said elsewhere, don't take the football with you. It ain't yours.
    Bless your little heart…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Bless your little heart…
    Yeah. I know what that means. It means Mike is definitely not happy with jamil right now.

But Mike, c'mon man. You bring this on yourself. You keep behaving like you believe everyone else are the idiots, and you keep saying people say things they don't say. Why? Is it to validate your superior intellect? You've done this in the bike thread, the NRA/WLP thread, discussions about HOA's, Trump, just to name a few.

Isn't it easier to just carry on conversations in good faith and react to what people are actually saying instead of the straw version? Discussions aren't wining and losing. They're just discussions. Don't make it harder than it is.

Some people are being destroyed financially by an unfair and broken tax system. You keep defending it, and then retreating to the safe ground of, well, you're just explaining how things are, and that you don't like it either. But then you go back to arguing against changing it.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I am a landlord.

I am in a cheaper part of the state and my rents show it. I make ends meet. I do not lose money on every place, but I do lose on some and make it up on others.

I pay the mortgages, the insurance and the property taxes. I also pay for the maintenance, upkeep, some utilities and such.

My tenants cover those expenses and then a little more, thus the reason I am in the biz.

Last year I was talking with a group of real estate investors and we worked up what we paid in property taxes for a year.

I was paying right at $45/day, not including my own house.

Top Bottom