I hope I am wrong, but is this hammer cocked?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    No. But school me.

Well, first of all, they explode:

glock03.jpg

And even fully trained professionals have trouble keeping themselves safe around them:

[video=youtube;mhIJOVD8hwY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhIJOVD8hwY[/video]

307SD

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2016
    Down by the river.
    Touche'

Please forgive me as I have delved into a kettle of the very proficient in regards to frames/actions/accessories and the resultant proper way to handle/carry.

I will give myself some credit for learning a few things here today.

Still liking the G's, and thinking that the environment that I exist in doesn't require old west gun fighter skills of draw and shoot, thus the empty chamber carry on my behalf. When it does, I'm moving out.

What makes a hammer cocked firearm with a manual safety on more dangerous than a cocked (partially/mostly/whatever) striker fired gun with no manual safety?

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Quick follow up; DON'T like the grenade aspect

Again, knowledge gained.

Not sure if you are serious, but I wasn't. Glocks have a bit of a history with malfunctions/explosions, but so do other firearms. Guns, by definition, work with controlled explosions. If something goes wrong, you end up with one looking like the picture above. More often than not, a major malfunction like that will be from user error and/or bad ammo. It can happen to any brand.

Glocks exploding is one of those brand jokes, like Ford vs. Chevy, Glock vs. 1911, 9mm vs. 45, etc.

Last edited:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Touche'

Please forgive me as I have delved into a kettle of the very proficient in regards to frames/actions/accessories and the resultant proper way to handle/carry.

Still liking the G's, and thinking that the environment that I exist in doesn't require old west gun fighter skills of draw and shoot, thus the empty chamber carry on my behalf. When it does, I'm moving out.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...begging*-you-stop-carrying-empty-chamber.html

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Touche'

Learning is why most of us are here.

Old west huh? Here shortly, there will be plenty of individuals posting videos of where victims would have no time to draw a firearm, rack the slide, and defend themselves successfully. I seriously urge you to reconsider your logic and carry habits. You can start here:

Already linked by Birds Away
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...begging*-you-stop-carrying-empty-chamber.html

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Everyone that posted that the pistol is a 1911 is wrong. I had to watch it several times, but it looks like a full size HK USP to me.
    Having owned a couple USP's in the past, that is exactly what is being carried at the very beginning of the video.

Note, there is no grip safety, that should be the first give away that it is not a 1911.
    Just my .02 FWIW.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Everyone that posted that the pistol is a 1911 is wrong. I had to watch it several times, but it looks like a full size HK USP to me.
    Having owned a couple USP's in the past, that is exactly what is being carried at the very beginning of the video.

Note, there is no grip safety, that should be the first give away that it is not a 1911.
    Just my .02 FWIW.

Not the handgun in the beginning, but later on in the video. See post #8 for a pic. Definitely has a grip safety.

307SD

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2016
    Down by the river.
    Please let me be the first.

https://www.facebook.com/NCHPD/phot...1541803581954/930398440362949/?type=3&theater

I know the "employee", he is actually the owner. What I heard from the family is that he turned to get his gun from a shelf, thus the shot in the back. Not sure that's facts, only what I was led to believe.

Points being; Bad environment, they have been there for years, and, defense not at the ready.

Learning is why most of us are here.

Old west huh? Here shortly, there will be plenty of individuals posting videos of where victims would have no time to draw a firearm, rack the slide, and defend themselves successfully. I seriously urge you to reconsider your logic and carry habits. You can start here:

Already linked by Birds Away

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

Just my .02 FWIW.

You are referring to the first still image, not the gun shown in the actual video.

[edit]Oops...didn't mean to pile on

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    What's wrong with Condition 0?
    Off topic, but please define the conditions.... I was under the impression it was equivalent of the actions needed to fire, so condition 1 would mean just pull the trigger. Condition 2 would be click the saftey, pull the trigger.

Top Bottom