• fg12351

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Fishers
    +1

+1

I think it might have been the Glock competition shirt and INGO hat you were wearing in the interview. Maybe is was your OC. Just a thought. :D

In all seriousness, employers are prohibited from asking questions that could lead to discriminatory hiring decisions such as "how old are you," etc. They can certainly ask about you age from the standpoint of being able to do the job, such as "this job requires a State permit which you can only get if you are at least 21 years of age. Do you meet the minimum requirement?" The second question is a bona fide requirement of the position and would be allowed.

Unfortunately, being a "gun enthusiast" does not put any of us in a protected class so to speak. In our environment, an employer can ask anything they want basically and make hiring decisions accordingly. What they cannot do is discriminate against a protected class...which gun owners and enthusiasts are not.

I too am very curious about this one. If you do or don't get the job, please ask the hiring manager about the question. You'll probably get the truth from them if you phrase it something like "You asked me in the interview if I was a gun enthusiast and if I owned any firearms. In Indiana, I know you are certainly within your legal rights to make a hiring decision based on that (implying that you are not looking for ammo for a lawsuit), but I've been wondering about the question and how it affected me as a candidate. Can you tell me?" I for one would love to know the answer.

It may well have been that the folks in the office are VERY pro 2A and don't want to hire an 'anti' that would create tension in the office. We can only hope.

Top Bottom