I have been reinforcing my decision to never again fly in an airplane.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    and I'm still waiting for you to proffer the proof of any of your accusations to me. PLease show where:
    -I said I liked today over anything.
    -I said beef was better today
    -I said that I am happy with our political climate
    -I said that I am "happy with the mire we are in".

I'll wait.

I’m pushing 50. I remember the early 80’s. We didn’t eat steak because no one could afford it. People didn’t travel, the roads were empty. Hell disney was never a wait and ticket prices were reasonable (you could still buy not used up tickets). But I wouldn’t want to go back to then. I can look back and see the problems and failures. My look back glasses aren’t rose tinted.

If what I said was looking through “rose tinted” “glasses” is that not disagreeing with my assertions and taking the opposite position?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    You cannot see that many here are happy with their life and a fighting to keep it from those hell bent on changing everything,
    It's that same fear of change is what keeps people from international travel. You might find out that some other cultures aren't wrong, they're just different.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetation in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain

There has never been a time in the history of mankind that things have changed as fast as they have the last thirty years or so.
    WW1, 1776, etc., etc.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It's that same fear of change is what keeps people from international travel. You might find out that some other cultures aren't wrong, they're just different.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetation in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain

WW1, 1776, etc., etc.
    Wow a post with content. Congratulations, might even qualify as a quality post. LOL

True that travel is good for international relations and understanding. Not liking the air travel experience is not saying that is not true.

I have no fear of travel, not sure where that idea came from. I am not sure why saying the the air travel experience is miserable to me and reduces my enjoyment is in the least controversial, to the point of calling me “soft”.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    If what I said was looking through “rose tinted” “glasses” is that not disagreeing with my assertions and taking the opposite position?
    So still no proof of me saying what you said. Got it.

You looking back through rose tinted glasses are just that. You can't see that not everything was great "back then". All you can see are roses and rainbows and nothing you see today can bring you any joy. You have yet to admit that things in the 70's and 80s kinda sucked. No, I don't want to live in high inflation, no jobs, high fuel prices and stupid high interest rates. That's not a better time than today.

You REALLY need to look in the mirror and figure out why you're so angry and why you can' enjoy anything today. That's not on society or politics, thats on you. Only you get to decide what your mood will be today. Lately its all about aggression, anger, disappointment and confrontation.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So still no proof of me saying what you said. Got it.

You looking back through rose tinted glasses are just that. You can't see that not everything was great "back then". All you can see are roses and rainbows and nothing you see today can bring you any joy. You have yet to admit that things in the 70's and 80s kinda sucked. No, I don't want to live in high inflation, no jobs, high fuel prices and stupid high interest rates. That's not a better time than today.

You REALLY need to look in the mirror and figure out why you're so angry and why you can' enjoy anything today. That's not on society or politics, thats on you. Only you get to decide what your mood will be today. Lately its all about aggression, anger, disappointment and confrontation.
    You just cannot get out of the personal attacks here. I have tried to move this along but I am done with your personal attacks here. Stop telling me what I think and how I see things.

I said beef was better back then. Never mentioned a thing about high inflation, no jobs, high fuel prices and stupid high interest rates in this thread. Why do you keep attributing things to me I never said?

Again, air travel sucks compared to years ago when it was almost like getting on a bus. Beef is not as good as it was. Lots of things are more convenient, and society has decided that convenience is more valuable than the baggage that comes with it, compared to simpler less stressful times.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    You just cannot get out of the personal attacks here. I have tried to move this along but I am done with your personal attacks here. Stop telling me what I think and how I see things.

I said beef was better back then. Never mentioned a thing about high inflation, no jobs, high fuel prices and stupid high interest rates in this thread. Why do you keep attributing things to me I never said?

Again, air travel sucks compared to years ago when it was almost like getting on a bus. Beef is not as good as it was. Lots of things are more convenient, and society has decided that convenience is more valuable than the baggage that comes with it, compared to simpler less stressful times.
    You mentioned you would go back 40+ years ago more than once. I am reminding you what was going on 40+ years ago. You've said that life was better than multiple times. I'm reminding you that isn't necessarily true.I am directly addressing your comments and not making things up like you are about others.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    You made multiple snarky remarks about me, then turn around and complain that others are attacking you. Seriously?!

Let's all agree that air travel in general sucks, but it's a necessary evil to get to good places.

Can we also agree that pajamas are not suitable attire for flying?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It occurs to me that the title of this thread leaves the door open to helicopters, gyrocopters, balloons, blimps, Zeppilins, parasails, jetpacks and being thrown off of a tall building or cliff.
    Or like, just in our minds... man...

iu

Or in our taxi...

Top Bottom