• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    There is also no law barring non citizens from buying ammo is there?

Come to think of it, that's a good point. There is no such law as far as I know, which could mean that the employees at Dick's asked a discriminatory question. Maybe ACLU is your best friend in this matter. But I'm no lawyer.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    miami county
    My family member worked in dick's and quit when they took the "assault rifles" off the shelves. Ive never really liked there store i prefer the one on one you get at small shops makes buying something new easier especially if you are newish to a type of weapon.

newdumdum9825

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Seymour, IN
    I went in there once trying to find a fishing rod holder for airplane travel and I didn't know what they were properly called

The employee seriously called me dumb for asking for a fishing rod tube for traveling cause he doesn't know what it is and they don't have em

I finally found em on my own and after a few choice words I told him were he can shove it

-Jake-

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    NWI
    F*ck Dicks! oh wait... :laugh:

seriously though, if you support them you should be ridiculed until you cry. :rockwoot:

iSaladbar

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    So apparently the employees get first dibs. I went in there looking for a cheap scope for my 10/22 and as I was up at the front desk I noticed there was a bunch of ammo sitting on the cabinet. .22, 380, 223 and so I kept watching and another lady employee said something like "Is that yours? I thought it was for us to sell." as she was talking to a MANAGER. and he clearly stated "No, these are Marks." as he put TWO boxes of bulk remington .22 inside of the cabinet. So I went to the ammo section and I asked "Do you guys have any .22 left" and he said there might be some up front. So another customer heard him and he went up front to ask. I waited a minute or two then walked up there to see if he had got any. and He told me that they told him they just sold the last two boxes. HA. Yeah im done with Dicks..... (no pun intended)

casket

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    Gander Mountain is the same way. I found a MTM 50 round .223 box and wanted to purchase 10 more. I asked Bubba at the gun counter if they had More in stock. he just shrugged his shoulders and said if their not on the shelf then we don't. I let him know it was in a random place and not where a spot was designated for it. I asked him to look in the system to see how many was on hand. He said it wouldn't show quantity only the price. Lazy kids working at these places are costing the brick and mortar stores a lot of money. I told him that Midway online would be happy to take my cash and for $1.50 less per box. He didn't give a rip. I will see if the Manager cares

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    I never liked them when they kept bugging us to get their Dick's credit card. I questioned the girl about their not being a space for my wife to make it a joint account, and we don't have separate credit card accounts. The snotty little sissy at the front counter informed me most people get divorced, so this is the reason it's not on the card. I looked at her and said, no, but I'm pretty sure whoever marries you will divorce you. Really sure! After arguing with the manager, I said fine, I'll get a Cabela's card, and until the self imposed gun ban, I loved having them swipe it. :) Little victories.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    They can keep all the ammo they have, I will do without our wait for Bradis to get it in stock ! Dicks can kiss my rear end :D

You can buy 100 rounds of Tula 7.62x39 at bradis guns for $41 and some change, (same price per box if you buy 20 rounds or 100) or ......

You can go to Beech Grove Firearms and get a box of 20 rounds for 6.99.

Whether its dicks or bradis or cheaper than dirt, I won't buy from anyone who's playing the panic to rip me off.

I will never go into Dicks to buy, and I've supported bradis for a long time but they are just like cheaper than dirt on a lot of their pricing and I can save more money by going to a different local gun shop (BGF).

Sure bradis will still smile when they take your money. Dicks are just like their name.

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    101   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    You can buy 100 rounds of Tula 7.62x39 at bradis guns for $41 and some change, (same price per box if you buy 20 rounds or 100) or ......

You can go to Beech Grove Firearms and get a box of 20 rounds for 6.99.

Whether its dicks or bradis or cheaper than dirt, I won't buy from anyone who's playing the panic to rip me off.

I will never go into Dicks to buy, and I've supported bradis for a long time but they are just like cheaper than dirt on a lot of their pricing and I can save more money by going to a different local gun shop (BGF).

Sure bradis will still smile when they take your money. Dicks are just like their name.

I don't think they are playing the panic game, they have simply found the balance of what the market will bear. I bet if they put 34 cents a round they would be sold out. So basically you're left with over priced ammo on the shelves or cheap ammo SOLD OUT. Crappy situation for all us consumers. You found it cheaper, which is great, go buy it elsewhere. Everybody wants the best possible price on ammo, its what all those guys do when they stalk Walmart ammo section waiting for boxes to be available.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I don't think they are playing the panic game, they have simply found the balance of what the market will bear. I bet if they put 34 cents a round they would be sold out. So basically you're left with over priced ammo on the shelves or cheap ammo SOLD OUT. Crappy situation for all us consumers. You found it cheaper, which is great, go buy it elsewhere. Everybody wants the best possible price on ammo, its what all those guys do when they stalk Walmart ammo section waiting for boxes to be available.

No the guys stalking Walmart buy it up to rip off fellow gun owners by making a profit. They are worse than the shops and deserve to be slapped.

Gdpudge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    West central
    I was in dicks at Plainfield one time looking for percussion caps for a muzzle loader. I ask the sales person if they had them and he glared at me as if I ha 3 eyeballs. I just figure oh well he's a young person any that possibly not the most popular item they have and forget it. I go to the gun counter and ask if they have a certain model his reply is if you don't see it we don't got it! I'm thinking that's professional and figure they don't need my business and walked out. That was all before this panic thing became a factor so I don't think things are any better there now.

Rexmage

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2013
    Marshall Co
    I went to Dicks to pick up a pair of baseball gloves for my little brother and ended up wandering over to the outdoors section. I had never been to one so I was curious. They had nothing interesting, most of it was over priced even by 2013's standards by about 30% and the clerk was scowling at me the entire time. I'll never go back to Dicks for anything.

Top Bottom