• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nate Suns

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Fishers
    I was in Dicks killing time while my wife shopped, and wandered over to the firearms section. I've been looking for a Savage MKII FV-SR and noticed they had some Savage .22s in stock. I asked if they could order me a FV-SR and I was told that since it has a threaded barrel it was considered an "assault rifle." A bolt-action assault rifle in .22 sounds pretty ridiculous. This may be old news about Dicks to some but I was blown away. On the bright side I did grab a 550 box of .22lr for $23, good timing I guess. :D

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND
    They aren't so bad you won't give them your money, which is the trick in retail. Appeal to the broadest demographic possible while retaining your base customers.

I go in Dick's every now and then but they look more like a ball sports store than anything else.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Dick's is abominable. I once tried to buy some shotshells there and I'm 57 with grey hair and the checkout person asked me for my birthday and I said are you kidding me? I told the kid I'm old enough to be your grandfather. He said Oh, then he asked if I was an American citizen. I said get the manager. The kid called, argued with the manager for him to come down. Manager shows up and says: What's the problem? Checkout kid was scared so I said to the manager: Can't you see I'm over 21 u don't need my birthday in your computer. The idiot manager then asks if I'm an American citizen? I said do I look like I just came over the Border? Then I said what's the law that requires me to answer that question? He said it was Dick's policy? I told him to stick the ammo boxes where the sun did not shine and walked out never to return to Dicks and I haven't since 12/12

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I wont stoop to giving them my money even if I am getting a "deal." I have more morals for the cause I believe in then to support a company that is directly against it.

bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    Dick's is abominable. I once tried to buy some shotshells there and I'm 57 with grey hair and the checkout person asked me for my birthday and I said are you kidding me? I told the kid I'm old enough to be your grandfather. He said Oh, then he asked if I was an American citizen. I said get the manager. The kid called, argued with the manager for him to come down. Manager shows up and says: What's the problem? Checkout kid was scared so I said to the manager: Can't you see I'm over 21 u don't need my birthday in your computer. The idiot manager then asks if I'm an American citizen? I said do I look like I just came over the Border? Then I said what's the law that requires me to answer that question? He said it was Dick's policy? I told him to stick the ammo boxes where the sun did not shine and walked out never to return to Dicks and I haven't since 12/12

Not all foreigners look foreign.

Top Bottom