• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    I've had a series of "ninja turtle" toys that I've kept in the package since I was a kid. I woke up this morning to find my son playing with the toys. I asked my wife what happened to the package and she said she threw them away.

I mean seriously, did she think our 3 year old went to the store and bought a bunch of action figures to play with?

FML

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Hey, good news is that a new ninja turtle movie is coming out so they'll go up in value.................. ohhh, too soon?

[video=youtube;6PrRUKFcnPM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PrRUKFcnPM[/video]

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    That's why it's so important to talk to your children at an early age about the importance of toy safety. Take away the mystery for them and they aren't so curious.

Until they are ready to handle your toys responsibly, it's your duty to keep them in the safe.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    That's why it's so important to talk to your children at an early age about the importance of toy safety. Take away the mystery for them and they aren't so curious.

Until they are ready to handle your toys responsibly, it's your duty to keep them in the safe.
    Lol, What you did there... I saw it.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    My grandparents cleaned out their basement in 2001. Grandma found a paper sack of Hot Wheels from 1969 they had bought their youngest son for Christmas. She had hidden the bag and forgot about it. There were 10 cars in the package.

Grandma gave them my cousin to play with. He opened them all up and had fun...... until his dad got home. Grandma said oh well, too bad. He has new toys to play with.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Most women just don't understand. Just think what original unopened Star Wars toys would bring now with a resumption of the movie series?

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Back when I was younger, I had at least a dozen Walter Payton rookie cards I had put in a small shoebox. (I liked Payton, he was and still is my favorite NFL player). A few years after I moved away, I decided I wanted those cards, so I went to moms to get em'.........Yep, she had found them and thrown them away, thinking they would have been with the rest of my cards if I had wanted them.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I had a small treasure of 1960's Hot Rod mags, Star Wars cards (80's) - like baseball cards, some actual old baseball cards - some from the '40's, matchbox/hotwheels still in the package, some other trinkets of unknown origin.

Never knew what happened to that box. I moved to CA in the 80's to live with my dad and my brothers probably divided it up and got something for it. I know they pilfered my tackle box. Bastards.

Ruger-9mm

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2014
    Out and about
    This is why all of my important stuff, like my father in law's WWII bayonet is locked up in the gun safe, or backed up on my computers/thumbdrives. All of my other toys are either gone or my daughter has them to enjoy.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Hey, good news is that a new ninja turtle movie is coming out so they'll go up in value.................. ohhh, too soon?

[video=youtube;6PrRUKFcnPM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PrRUKFcnPM[/video]

Oh man, I love me some Dexters Lab.

Dee Dee: Dexter, what does DNA stand for?
    Dexter: DEE DEE NOT ALLOWED!!

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010

Can't do that or I'd have to find a new home for Wesley Pipes. Do you guys feel like you're floating?

half-baked.jpg

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Not toy related but similar story. When I was 6 or 7 (im 28 now for reference) my dad took me to some event and Dale Earnhardt was there with his car and Winston cup trophy on display. I met Dale, I still have a Polaroid picture of me next to his car holding his trophy, somewhere there's a picture of him holding me for a picture. Well, he gave me a black GM Goodwrench service plus trucker style hat that he signed in silver marker. It got put in the attic over time so as to not get torn up by me being young and not so aware of what I had. Fast forward to about 17 and me starting to get way more into NASCAR.

I ask mom, hey where did that earnhardt autographed hat go? She says oh its up in the attic in the box full of hats. I tear the box apart and go through EVERYTHING to no avail.

As I'm giving up I close the hat box and see written on top in black marker "hats 25¢ each".

I ask mom what that's about and she says oh I put that on there and sat it out for the garage sale.

So long story short someone got my autographed Dale Earnhart hat for 25 cents. Still makes me sick thinking about it.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Not toy related but similar story. When I was 6 or 7 (im 28 now for reference) my dad took me to some event and Dale Earnhardt was there with his car and Winston cup trophy on display. I met Dale, I still have a Polaroid picture of me next to his car holding his trophy, somewhere there's a picture of him holding me for a picture. Well, he gave me a black GM Goodwrench service plus trucker style hat that he signed in silver marker. It got put in the attic over time so as to not get torn up by me being young and not so aware of what I had. Fast forward to about 17 and me starting to get way more into NASCAR.

I ask mom, hey where did that earnhardt autographed hat go? She says oh its up in the attic in the box full of hats. I tear the box apart and go through EVERYTHING to no avail.

As I'm giving up I close the hat box and see written on top in black marker "hats 25¢ each".

I ask mom what that's about and she says oh I put that on there and sat it out for the garage sale.

So long story short someone got my autographed Dale Earnhart hat for 25 cents. Still makes me sick thinking about it.

ouch. you should try a missed connection on craigs list.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    So the wife drags me garage sale shopping about 12 years ago and look what I found for a measly quarter!!

Dale-Sr-GMGW-Shark-Hat-2-DES-64.jpg

Looks pretty authentic! I can't they sold it so cheap!!

Top Bottom