• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Toddler Ninja Turtles All 4 Original TMNT Nickelodeon Figure Lot | eBay

6 for $89 on ebay with free shipping. Not as bad as it could have been, unless they are going up I guess.

Actually it was this series. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Donatello Figure New 1988 10 Back 043377050063 | eBay

I guess I should have specified that it wasn't the dollar value I'm concerned with. It's more the sentimental value of packing away something at the age of 10 and taking them out every few years to reminisce that was the heart breaker for me.

I didn't really collect anything else besides baseball cards so it was a rarity (for me) that I still had them.

Actually I still have most of my "valuable" baseball cards from when I was growing up. Seeing how they are basically worthless now makes me think my whole childhood was a sham.

I'm not sure which is worse -- getting all your cards trashed by your parents or still having them but they have declined so far in value that it's like they never existed?

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    So the wife drags me garage sale shopping about 12 years ago and look what I found for a measly quarter!!

Dale-Sr-GMGW-Shark-Hat-2-DES-64.jpg

Looks pretty authentic! I can't they sold it so cheap!!
    LOL, Man thats just cold......

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Well don't feel bad, my mom sold about 400 red line hot wheels for 25 cents each in a yard sale .... And they were mine I was saveing for my kids ... And know there about $10+ each.... Had the old hot wheel track too about 40ft of it and she sold it to in the same yard sale.... She sold my HO track and cars to, with about 40 HO cars too.... I guess I should of took it with me when I moved out at 18, but you think stuff like that is ok at your parents house.... WRONG !!!! I had forgot about all that stuff till NOW !!!! Thx guys for reminding me of my loss..... Geeezzzz

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Have you seen the Lego movie yet? You should see the ending with the child who likes the toys :) in fact, it's probably time for me to see it again too. Good stuff

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    We collected Black Cats and blew the majority of our toys up. Or we set them on fire. That was always much more fun than sitting there watching a toy in a package collect dust (and it made those in the dusty packages worth more today).

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    We collected Black Cats and blew the majority of our toys up. Or we set them on fire. That was always much more fun than sitting there watching a toy in a package collect dust (and it made those in the dusty packages worth more today).

I never thought about it that way but you are right, we made other peoples toys more valuable by blowing ours up :rockwoot:

Brassman65

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    anderson
    I still have my briefcase full of old baseball cards from when I was a youngster. I make sure I drag that heavy suitcase to where ever I might call home. Most of the names in their I almost think I might have heard once. Lots of rookies who might have been but never were.

I did sell an OJ Simpson card back when he went on trial. Heres to hoping someone in my case full of nobodies does something stupid

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner

Awww...It's a Combat Carl.

th

Sid.jpg

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I was always a ninja turtle fan back in the comics days (never got the toys, or into the cartoons)
    One day I was surprised at how much the comics were going for on ebay, so i decided to sell off my collection.

While in the midst of the auctions, My daughter comes up to me and says 'I helped package up the comics for you but I messed up a little' handing me issue #1 with packing tape stuck to the cover, and half peeled off. I wound up giving the issue to the buyer (who had bought several of my issues) for free and apologized about the accident. :(
    Gotta love kids... They almost always mean well.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Well don't feel bad, my mom sold about 400 red line hot wheels for 25 cents each in a yard sale .... And they were mine I was saveing for my kids ... And know there about $10+ each.... Had the old hot wheel track too about 40ft of it and she sold it to in the same yard sale.... She sold my HO track and cars to, with about 40 HO cars too.... I guess I should of took it with me when I moved out at 18, but you think stuff like that is ok at your parents house.... WRONG !!!! I had forgot about all that stuff till NOW !!!! Thx guys for reminding me of my loss..... Geeezzzz

Just remember that you will get to pick their nursing home one day so you will get the last laugh. :):

My girls when they were teenagers asked me to take them to the mall. It meant taking and dropping them off then returning later to pick them up. (God forbid they be seen with me at the mall and lose all total coolness) I told them I was watching football and wouldn't be taking them. Then the oldest at 14 told me that "One day they would choose my nursing home".

I said you know you are right I've never thought about it like that, but remember this. I will be picking out your first car long before you pick out my nursing home and I will put you in a 1973 burnt orange Ford Pinto with rust holes big enough that you could throw a basketball through.

They looked at each other with fear in their eyes and said never mind Dad you just enjoy the game, we will go ask mom.
    This same girl is now 24 with four children. Three boy's and a girl. I love to just sit back and watch them mess with their mom like she did with me. She will look at me when I'm grinning sometimes and say "DAD DON'T SAY A WORD"

Grandchildren are God's gift for not killing your children during their teenage years. :yesway:

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    My wife found a Star Wars toy in the closet that she had bought for one of her girl friends sons Christmas gift and forgot she had it. It was in the box with the store price tag on it. She had paid like 8 bucks for it. She was going to give it to my son. I said hey lets see if they are worth anything on Ebay. One out of the box was at near 60 bucks. We popped it on there and got 170 something out of it. Needless to say the boy got a lot more toys! It was pretty cool.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I will probably die poor and broke.

My childhood baseball cards ended up in the trash. I never understood the whole toy fad where people are willing to pay $250 for a little bean bag toy or hundreds for a particular GI Joe doll. I REALLY do not get it when a guy pays $800 for an empty box that a toy tractor came in. Where is the value? People love to speak of our monetary system being based on fiat currency being actually worth nothing. When I think of a weeks wage before tax to buy an empty cardboard box that a toy came in, I am completely baffled.

Then again, this is still almost America, I fully support a persons right to that sort of thing if it makes him happy, as long as he is productive enough to support himself and his family and contribute to the good of society.

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    I got a couple of the GI Joes when they first came out sometime in the early to mid sixties. They were still in good shape when I quit playing with them and ended up in a box in the attic with all their accessories. Fast forward to the early nineties. While babysitting my son, my parents got them down and my son proceeded to rip the head off a nearly perfect GI Joe. This is not to mention the large cardboard box of early sixties comic books that my dad threw away because they were just so much trash!

Top Bottom