• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Now if I could just find bullets. :rolleyes:

Look like I'm gonna hafta order pistol bullets in bulk (I just like trying new things), but I'm pretty settled on a 165gr load for the .40.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Do not brag unless you intend to share. It is not nice to tease junkies. They can become unkind when you wave their addiction in front of them without the intent to distribute.

Brown

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    Brownsburg
    I travel a fair bit and in Ohio last week stopped at Fin Feather and Fur outiftters and they had Thousands of large and small pistol primers on the shelves. I bought a Thousand of each. they also had numerous boxes of large and small rifle primers. may want to call them to see if they have any more if you are willling to pay the shipping charges.
    They also had 40 cal FMJ bullets in the 1000rd boxes

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    I hadn't seen a SPP in over 8 months, well except the two boxes at the 1500 for $60 each, and I was down to about 300 SPP.

So Professor Thump and I went halfsies on a HazMat and ordered Wolf primers from Wideners the one day that they had any.

We Got SPP, LPP, SRP, and LRP and Thump got some powder. We also ordered 2400, but by the time they filled my order the lady called and said they were out of 2400.

Right now I'm down to 100 180gr .40 bullets

I've got bullets for .38 and .45, and bullets for .223 and .30 carbine to last me a while, but .40 is needed...

and I can't see paying $65/500 for Ranier, so I think I'm going to order Zero bullets for <$120/1000.

At these prices is going to cost me ~$170/1000 to reload

mdroz3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2009
    Walkerton
    Check with Granger Guns. Steve normally has primers in stock. He is charging $30.00 per 1000. If he doesn't have what you primers or powder you need right now, i will bet it is already on order and won't be too long before he has it. He also has bullets in stock. He is the only dealer i shop at now for reloading supplies. Hope this helps.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Hey guys I got in some Remington Small Rifle primers, I have more than I need and will put 5 k up for sale after the club gets done picking over what they want. BUT I don't want these to go to horders or the like, when I put them up I want to make sure thier going to get loaded into ammo to support shooting sports in Indiana not tucked away. Does anybody have any idea on what I can do to ensure that only the people who need them get them. with shipping and hazmat they will be $38, People from HHRP and Martinsville Consvervation Club have first dibs. I really don't want to start something but I don't want to hoard these up and I know thiers competitors out here that are having trouble keeping rounds going down range.

Reasonalbe Idea's would be appreciated.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I hadn't seen a SPP in over 8 months, well except the two boxes at the 1500 for $60 each, and I was down to about 300 SPP.

So Professor Thump and I went halfsies on a HazMat and ordered Wolf primers from Wideners the one day that they had any.

We Got SPP, LPP, SRP, and LRP and Thump got some powder. We also ordered 2400, but by the time they filled my order the lady called and said they were out of 2400.

Right now I'm down to 100 180gr .40 bullets

I've got bullets for .38 and .45, and bullets for .223 and .30 carbine to last me a while, but .40 is needed...

and I can't see paying $65/500 for Ranier, so I think I'm going to order Zero bullets for <$120/1000.

At these prices is going to cost me ~$170/1000 to reload

Have you tried moly coated bullets from Black Bullet International?

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Hey I also have a source for Lead 175 gr 40 cal for 60/k I think the price was going up but I might have some left over from a club buy, I know I have plenty of 45 at 63/k

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Make sure you go in with your eyes wide open before you decide to shoot moly bullets. Do some research and see if it is for you. Once you use moly coated bullets in your barrel, you will never get it all out. It usually is not recommended that you go back and forth and shoot moly and then naked bullets.

slackerisme

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Just north of Ft. Wayne
    Call me silly :n00b: but I think primers may be starting to open up. Three weeks ago a search on GunBroker (IIRC) listed 2 pages of primers that were crazy high and covered in bids. The same search today lists 10 pages with some approaching reasonable prices. Maybe it's just wishful thinking.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    moly bullets

No, have you?

Sounds very interesting.

https://www.blackbulletsinternational.com/

another such bullet

Precision Bullets Index Page

Precision will be a wait. Tom Drazy will be faster once you get the order placed, which can be a challenge at times.

Either bullet works well. I clean my pistol everytime I shoot it. I have shot ten's of thousands of these bullets in multiple guns and did not experience any of the trouble described here in this thread regarding moly bullets. I find them accurate and prefer them in my match ammunition.

Montanna Gold bullets are jacketed and another good way to go and they have them to you within a week usually.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    I guess this rules them out. I use Lee dies... both websites say essentially the same thing.

RELOADING TIPS
    Make sure to have a good bell on the case so not to shave off the coating during the seating process.
    Do not seat and crimp the bullets in the same die. Use a separate taper crimp die.
    We highly recommend Dillon reloading equipment.
    Do not use a roll crimp or Lee Factory Taper Crimp Dies.
    The roll crimp will cut through the coating. You must use a taper crimp die.
    The Lee Factory Taper Crimp Die will undersize the bullets causing accuracy and fouling problems.
    Most of the time a heavier crimp will work better.

Top Bottom