• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Smith & Wesson knives are junk. I own two and both are fubar'd.. I know they warranty them for life, but I dont even feel like sending them in. First I had a BLACK OPS, assisted opening, and the blade started to quickly chip away til it got so messed up I just stopped carrying it. Then I picked up a SWMP4LS and the first thing to go was the safety switch which now can be moved by blowing air, so it opens in my pocket every once and awhile. Now the two tiny screw that attatch the clip to the frame have BOTH stripped out. Now I can teven carry that one...

The best knife I have ever owned was a FREE one that was given to me on another forum by the maker. It was a trial thing and after it was over we got to keep the knives... Here it is pictured with my POS S&W

knives001.jpg

Bucklite Max...

S&W-:noway:

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    so it took you buying and breaking those POS's to realize they were pieces of crap? you should have checked around here first and saved the $. S&W knives get no love from me and many others here.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I had a Ken onion kershaw that chipped too, so far my CR hasnt even when I use it to scrape grout off of tile.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    thank you for the honesty! i'm sorry you got taken, but i am GLAD you shared and learned. hopefully we can saves others the mistake and danger of junk knives!

are you in need of a good knife?

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    I'm not sure... I dont want to risk it again. I didnt pay high dollar for them, one was $30, other $40, but still. I'm going to go back to the Bucklite for now, cause apparently you gotta sink some dough in a GOOD strong knife....

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    so it took you buying and breaking those POS's to realize they were pieces of crap? you should have checked around here first and saved the $. S&W knives get no love from me and many others here.

No love what so ever brother. Cheap Chinese Crap!

Last edited:

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    $80 is pushing it for a knife i may potentially lose in work pants or have it fall out while getting in and out of trucks all day

you can get good quality knives for $50 and under. look at Kershaw knives or columbia river knife and tool. benchmade is excellent, and at the top of your price range. spyderco is a good knife and company, but i don't rate them high on strength. this is just MY opinion.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I understand the price concern but you stated that you spent a combined $70 for the two knives you can no longer use. That $80+ range isn't looking too bad at that point. "Buy once, cry once."

gilliu

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    I have Spydercos that I have been very satisfied with -- especially the new Stretch. Also, the Spyderco hawkbills are very good IMHO. I also think Kabar is a good value, especially for fixed blade larger knives

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Smith & Wesson knives are junk. I own two and both are fubar'd.. I know they warranty them for life, but I dont even feel like sending them in. First I had a BLACK OPS, assisted opening, and the blade started to quickly chip away til it got so messed up I just stopped carrying it. Then I picked up a SWMP4LS and the first thing to go was the safety switch which now can be moved by blowing air, so it opens in my pocket every once and awhile. Now the two tiny screw that attatch the clip to the frame have BOTH stripped out. Now I can teven carry that one...

The best knife I have ever owned was a FREE one that was given to me on another forum by the maker. It was a trial thing and after it was over we got to keep the knives... Here it is pictured with my POS S&W

knives001.jpg

Bucklite Max...

S&W-:noway:

Can't understand this one.

How did your Buck guns work out?

rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    S&W used to make a pretty decent knife. Then about 7 years ago, they were suddenly 8.99 at Galyans. From that moment foreward thats what they were. 9.00 knives. You get what you pay for. They still look good though

Top Bottom