Side by side
    You and I
    Gonna win forever
    Let's party forever

We're the same
    I'm like you
    You're like me
    We're all working in harmony

This is the Great Plan for our Nation,Obama says so.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    I don't know either, could all be on the up and up. My hunch is that it's not. I am pretty good at reading situations and people given my job.
    I trust your hunch, the link hurt my brain.

The Lego Movie is awesome, and I hate the SOB that posted the lyrics. That song gets stuck in my previously mentioned hurt brain.

My buddy wanted to name his son Jesse Pinkman Jr.(not serious but funny at the time) , this was vetoed by the wife. The boy ended up with Harrison Jack " the last name here". When she tells me about the baby boy, she lovingly calls him Meoff.

Lego's are the new .22lr and we are too old and unhip to know?

A Lego Millennium Falcon costs about $200+, maybe the kid is on to something.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Buying the styrene monomer would be far easier that trying too crack and distill the ABS, it's used as a reactive diluent in castings, polyester and UV finishes.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I can't decide who has more time on their hands, the OP or the kid buying the Legos.

hard to say. I am too busy doing things I enjoy to consider it "having too much time on my hands". Funny how those comments are always made about people actually doing things, and often by those who don't.

It also highlights efficiency. I took the pic and uploaded while checking out in Walmart, and posted the page while going up an elevator three times. I win.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I have a closet full of legos! Hmmm.... I knew there was a reason I saved those.

Party at Mom's!
    party.gif

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    hard to say. I am too busy doing things I enjoy to consider it "having too much time on my hands". Funny how those comments are always made about people actually doing things, and often by those who don't.

It also highlights efficiency. I took the pic and uploaded while checking out in Walmart, and posted the page while going up an elevator three times. I win.

Damn! Doc must be having a GREAT time on vacation. . . . .he can't remember which floor he's staying on!!!!:rockwoot::rockwoot:

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    My son is 15 and still loves his legos. We have countless dollars in the Star Wars sets he has built and on the shelves in his room. When he was little, I bought a couple of misc bags at a yard sale and spent a lot of time on the floor building things. Then I got on ebay and found some specialty parts and we built a lego air force together. A-26, P-38, B-17, P-51, Corsair, all sorts of generic type planes. Retractable gear, working bomb bays, things like that. My wife would chase him off to bed and I would still be trying to find the one part needed to finish something. Lots of fun was had together on the floor of the living room. He is doing pretty well in his engineering classes in HS, maybe this was part of the process in developing that part of his brain, who knows.

Longhair

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    Checking out at Walmart and someone had two entire carts full of Legos. Big random sets of blocks. Young kid. They were normally $19.99, marked down to $16.99. Strange. I figured they were marked wrong and he was cleaning them out. Our cashier asked the other lady what that was and we learned the discount.

i saw him in the parking lot and walked up to him from behind. I asked about the Legos, said I had kids and wondered if I should go buy some. He said maybe. I asked if thy were a good deal and he looked at the ground, said yeah. I asked how much, he said usually $20. I asked what he paid, said $17 each and got in his darkly tinted street racer style car.

Kind of a punk kid. I figured maybe he used them to press meth into shape or something, so I googled it and came up with this. He did not seem like he had a wholesome plan for this rather large purchase just from my interaction with him.

any chemists or police officers care to say whether you can make meth from Legos?

TheRandomRetard comments on IAmA former meth lab operator, AMAA

Wow.........

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Sensitive much?

If by "actually doing things" you mean "stalking people while shopping at walmart", I guess you're right, I don't do anything.

nope, not sensitive to random internet comments at all. Just giving my standard response when I hear that comment.

taking a picture and asking about a Lego purchase is stalking? Crap. And I documented it online. I'm hosed :(

Damn! Doc must be having a GREAT time on vacation. . . . .he can't remember which floor he's staying on!!!!:rockwoot::rockwoot:

Well, two trips for food, one because I forgot the van keys :):

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    So the Lego factory is really just a front for a giant meth lab? Whoda thunk?

<break-break>

I'm thinking he thinks he has a way to take them one or two at a time to another retailer or location that doesn't require receipts for returns and "returns" them for a higher price. Or his cousin runs a flea market or some such where they can be sold close to retail, taxes optional.

Or the next parade in town will have a full-scale Millennium Falcon made out of Legos.

But melting them down into meth is a pretty interesting possibility. I was really surprised how inventive meth people are when I went to "[STRIKE]How to Make Meth[/STRIKE]" "Meth Awareness for First Responders Class." The guy who figured out how to condense a whole meth lab into a two-liter bottle was a clever dude.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Research into the meaning of the phrase brought me to urban dictionary. Then I laughed. They were more direct when I was, and used a new phrase to my lexicon.will have to look that up.

Edit: just did, that's mean. I'm not trying to flame anyone, just chatting.

Top Bottom