• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    not at all , its all the asshats on here that generally belittle people for lack of knowledge or wrong doing , not because me made a mistake ....just search a few threads and you will see what i am talking about

Everyone here seems to be very understanding of the OP's situation. :dunno:

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    not at all , its all the asshats on here that generally belittle people for lack of knowledge or wrong doing , not because me made a mistake ....just search a few threads and you will see what i am talking about

Well in the three and a half years i have been a member here I have not seen what you are talking about except for a few rare circumstances. Not all people get along and their will be disagreements, but asshats?

There is a such thing as a dumb comment or question and their are people who like to call other people out, but you have to remember, This is NOT the political section. If you just stop reading those threads then i think you might get along w/ others better.

inccwchris

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    Southside of Indiana
    Both of my ND's happened three years ago. My first ND happened at Pops about 2 months into me being a firearms owner. I had a friend with me who was shooting and the slide locked back. I did not realize she had accidentally locked it back so I dropped the slide, pointed it downrange and pulled the trigger to decock it. That was my first ND. The weapon discharged into the target. good thing I followed at least one of the rules of gun safety. My second one was in training for Blue Line Security, I was getting ready to do a dry fire exercise with a supervisor, dropped my slide on what I thought was an empty weapon, however there was a loaded mag in it. Pointed the gun at the ground and boom. Ever since those two incidents I have sought out and recieved more professional training and I ALWAYS make sure my slide is locked back and mag is out of the gun before checking the chamber. I check chambers four times before I declare a gun unloaded. Its a learning expirience and I hope you only have the one stupid moment in your life, because having two really makes you feel dumb. Ever since I have been very very very diligent about clearing weapons.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Had this with an SKS once. Pulled trigger, click. Kept it pointed in the right direction but i didn't keep it pulled tight into the shoulder.

It hurt.

jghelton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    May 12, 2010
    logansport IN
    Well in the three and a half years i have been a member here I have not seen what you are talking about except for a few rare circumstances. Not all people get along and their will be disagreements, but asshats?

There is a such thing as a dumb comment or question and their are people who like to call other people out, but you have to remember, This is NOT the political section. If you just stop reading those threads then i think you might get along w/ others better.
    I get along just fine , but like i said it is what it is

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    I am reminded of carpenters who have accidentally removed a digit. I dare say that most of these accidents were not done by noobs but by seasoned carpenters who are very adept at using saws/routers.

We should all reinforce past lessons learned or be prepared to relearn them on their terms. Again, thanks for posting...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Yow! It's great that nobody got hurt. People who think that this can't possibly happen to them are as scarey as the drunken ya-hoos. It can happen to ANY ONE OF US!. Nobody is 100% on it 100% of the time. It's great that you had the nerve to tell everybody about this. Just hearing it makes my blood run cold like I was the one who did it. It's good to get a reminder every now and then.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Thanks for manning up. There, except for staunchly sticking to the rules of firearms safety, goes I. It may be gratifying for you to know that you may very well have just prevented a similar accident, with far more disastrous consequences.

KJW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Lamb's Crossing
    To paraphrase a quote from the Yankee Marshall, unsafe gun handling habits are like a hooker's underpants, they're easy to get into and will often lead to a need for a doctor. :):

It takes a big man to expose his own mistake to others in the hope that others won't repeat it.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    As others have said, thanks for posting. I have no idea if I would post a ND on here or not (of course, it would never happen to me so I have nothing to worry about).

But you know. I don't like the modification some have made to rule number one:
    "Treat all guns as if they were loaded"
    Changing it to:
    "All guns are loaded"

All guns are NOT loaded. That's just an untruth. Why have an untruth as the first rule? If all guns were loaded I could never hand over my pistol to a gunsmith, because you're not supposed to hand someone a loaded gun. And I'd never be able to enter into many (most) gun shops or indoor ranges, because you're not supposed to enter with a loaded gun.

Stop with the untruth.
    [steps down off his soapbox]

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    101   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    But you know. I don't like the modification some have made to rule number one:
    "Treat all guns as if they were loaded"
    Changing it to:
    "All guns are loaded"

All guns are NOT loaded. That's just an untruth. Why have an untruth as the first rule? If all guns were loaded I could never hand over my pistol to a gunsmith, because you're not supposed to hand someone a loaded gun. And I'd never be able to enter into many (most) gun shops or indoor ranges, because you're not supposed to enter with a loaded gun.

Stop with the untruth.
    [steps down off his soapbox]
    You're missing the first word of the sentence "Treat" of course not all guns are loaded, but by treating them as such you ensure you follow the other rules better. We tried teaching Afghanis the first rule and they never could grasp it. They think "I just checked it, its unloaded!" It was impossible to convey that rule thru our terp to them.

Whitey

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Connersville
    We all know treat all guns as they are loaded. Getting in a hurry, putting thing up , thinking what to do next. mistakes are made. if we all are honest. all of us has did someting stupid.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    He beat ya to the punch kid, sorry no IBTK for you.

OP glad everyone is ok.

35goga.jpg

Top Bottom