I don't usually get upset with vendors but...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SOCOM242

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    My father came down from Michigan to join me at the latest 1500. He and I attended a show maybe two years ago and it was kind of *meh*. However, he and I had an absolute blast at this latest show. Lots of room to move around, only one stroller (that we saw) in the aisles, a great variety of vendors, and we had a coupon for $4.00 off our admissions.

Saw some decent prices too. Zx Guns (?) had a Sig Sauer 556 rifle for $1149 and an M400 AR for $997, which are not *too* bad considering both were over $1500-$2000 five months ago.

I was a little disappointed when a lady selling a Pelican 1700 case wouldn't budge on her price ($205). One of the four latches was a little defective (super hard to snap closed/open) and Amazon has the same cases for ~$170 w/free shipping, yet she wouldn't take the $180 I offered her. Oh well.

Magazine prices were ridiculous, but I didn't *need* any anyway. Hopefully these will start coming down.

Overall I liked this show.

The Knife Queen

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Was VERY unimpressed with this last show. Between parking and admission it was about $30 just to get in. Prices were insanely high. And everyone had the same ole bull**** stuff. I used to go because you could find different things there and cheaper ammo prices. Not this time. It had been awhile since I'd been and it'll probably be awhile again before I go.

Jomibe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    Hendricks County
    $5 for 25 rds. of .22 Lr.

I am beyond speechless.

As sad as that is, my mom told me she was at a flea market in Tennessee and bought 2 baggies of .22lr, 38 rounds per baggie, $15 each baggie, so 40 cents per round of .22lr!

My mom knows nothing about ammo, ammo shortages or what ammo should cost in the normal world (maybe that makes me a bad son), but that guy told her there was "an ammo shortage", haha. :)

I explained the situation to her after I heard that story.. but I think it just made her feel dumb for spending $30 on 76 rounds of 22lr.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    The ammo prices there were terrible everywhere. I really thought this would have ended by now
    Some of the reloading components were priced reasonably... Even with them being a little higher than 'normal' building your own ammunition is still a lot cheaper than buying fully assembled factory ammo [at the store, or at the 1500].

Only downside is the time spent assembling the constituent parts into the cartridge... Not such a huge deal if you have a good progressive though.

Thankfully all I needed were the bullets themselves. Paid a little more than I'd like but still substantially less than buying factory ammo in the end.

I did notice the factory was off-the-charts expensive so I bought none of it.

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    I remember $9.95 for 550 Fed. bulk pack, at Wally World ..... doesn't seem like that long ago .....

I remember the local Walmart having the exact sale ones on sale for $8.88 occasionally, and that was less than 10 years ago. Wife couldn't understand why anyone would possibly need more than 2 boxes.

Now she knows... ;) :ar15:

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I never go to the 1500 anymore. I find deals locally you just have to patient. And there are still good deals online as well. I just bought four brand new factory S&W 99c mags for $15 a pop shipped. And no I am not going to share the where I got them because there are too many profiteers on here that would buy them and try to sell them in the classifieds for triple the price, or even higher. Next thing you know there wouldn't be any mags left at decent prices. It would be the .22lr disaster all over again.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I am still snagging small amounts of ammo at sane prices. I just bought some 525 bulk 22lr's for 23 bucks. Not great but not insane. I have a lot of 9.38,357 44s 44mag 45's 50ae and 50bmg. I realy don't need to buy any ammo this summer but If I see it I but what it takes to replace what I have shot. I have a few buddy's and cousin's and we look out for each others ammo needs. Time to use the buddy system. it's working for me.

As for the ammo flippers, good luck to ya. Not gonna make a dime off me!

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Thanks Again

I would like to express my gratitude as well as condolences to those who attend gun shows then post their experiences. This reinforces my resolve to avoid the shows. Every now and then I get a little urge to go but I fight it off and reading these threads makes me feel better about my decision.

Thank you!

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I would like to express my gratitude as well as condolences to those who attend gun shows then post their experiences. This reinforces my resolve to avoid the shows. Every now and then I get a little urge to go but I fight it off and reading these threads makes me feel better about my decision.

Thank you!
    Meh, there was lots of other neat stuff there that wasn't overpriced... So long as you aren't looking for ammo or an AR-15 there were some decent deals to be had.

Top Bottom