• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    If weather and life allows I plan on taking it to the range either friday or saturday this week. If I don't make it this week it will be a few more before I can get out. Ill try to post videos of it when I get it done.

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Congratulations, you now own a hand cannon. Even though I wouldn't buy one (unless it was CHEAP), I'm glad to live in a Country that allows me to own one.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    ...I DO want to try a 460 and 454 Casull, though.

My buddy has a TC Encore with a .460 barrel. Shooting HOT .460 rounds out of it is brutal. The recoil is not a thump, or a push. It's sharp and violent. Hands down, most unpleasant thing I've ever shot.

That said, I'm dying to shoot a .460 pistol.:laugh:

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    My buddy has a TC Encore with a .460 barrel. Shooting HOT .460 rounds out of it is brutal. The recoil is not a thump, or a push. It's sharp and violent. Hands down, most unpleasant thing I've ever shot.

That said, I'm dying to shoot a .460 pistol.:laugh:

The S&W .460 probably weighs almost as much as a TC Encore. With all that weight and the muzzle brake I doubt it would be bad at all. BTW, TC used to offer Encore barrels in .416 Rigby and I can't even imagine touching off a beast like that in something as light as an Encore. My far heavier CZ 550 in .416 Rigby is more than brutal enough for me.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    A guy brought a 460 revolver into the range back around the holidays, the flames from the cylinder reached out and touched both partition walls of the bay he was in, and the noise and percussion was brutal, there was no where in the range area you could stand where it didn’t feel like someone punching you in the gut! After his first 5 or 6 rounds, he laid it down on the bench and stepped back, so I asked him to give me a minute so I could go upstairs and get our gunsmith to watch him shoot again and the guy gives me a kinda shell shocked look and says “I think I’m done for the day”, and he was.:):

Top Bottom