• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mitch B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    indiana
    Ya it was really bad. So bad that 3 different times I caught 2 in 1 trap. We have a few stray barn cats that we keep feed outside for now and I think that has helped also. If you use traps try mixing peanut butter and chocolate, it worked when they stopped eating just peanut butter.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Good point about the dog bothering the cat...

My cat put my dog inline with a brief, but effective ass kicking. But, that cat does hide when other dogs come over for a visit. Kind of weird. Maybe if the dogs were to stay longer, my cat would open up another can of whoop ass. Who knows?

Anyhow, I actually despised cats until Whiskers found us.

You may end up with a cat someday... stranger things have happened.

Stranger things have definitely happened, but I can promise you that will never happen.;)

Ya it was really bad. So bad that 3 different times I caught 2 in 1 trap. We have a few stray barn cats that we keep feed outside for now and I think that has helped also. If you use traps try mixing peanut butter and chocolate, it worked when they stopped eating just peanut butter.

Peanut butter and chocolate? That's a no-go...I'd end up trapping myself.:laugh:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Give this guy a call.
    caddyshack.jpg

Leah Marie

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2009
    K-Town
    Try getting a cat. If you want you can have my sisters cat. lol
    Or I can find some black rat snakes thats around the house and give them to you. Although I'd rather give you my sisters cat.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    if cats were so good marion county would have no mice.. there are probably 100k+ feral cats in Indy..

Don't let the decon bait run out... keep refilling until it is untouched for a month..

i suggest you get the block style bait stations for long term use.. bait them & check twice a year. if any are chewed on put extra out..

for a while mice will go for decon over traps..

alwalker84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I had them really bad a few years ago. I kept catching them with the traps, but seemed like they kept coming. I bought the stickys and caught a few, but it really sucked watching them struggle and die slowly on those...

I ended up buying the poison pellets and put them between the stove, under the sink, and next to a few walls. After about a week of finding randon croaked out mice in the morning throughout the house the problem disappeared.

Disclaimer: The bad thing about the poison is that you dont know where they are going to die. I reached down in my couch once to find the remote and...........guess what I felt. :runaway:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I don't have experience with these, but another option is these sonic pest chasers. There are different brands at different prices. This is simply the first one I clicked on.

Sonic Pest Chaser 4-pk - by Victor - Mouse-Rat Control

yhst-26200230024079_2139_11882070

I have used these for several years. They work!

Holy :poop:, I'll go out and buy 300 of these things if they work.

My only questions and concerns would be where to place them and when to move them...

If I place them by possible entrances and exits am I going to drive them deeper into my home or would they just run past them to get away from them as quick as possible?

Either way, I'm going to go buy several packages of these tomorrow.

I no longer have mouse/rat fecal droppings in my Garage, Or around the house ANYWERE...

Careful for those as they might drive your dog insane.

Will not bother dogs at all. You may or may not hear a slight hum when you get to close to them though. Well my wife does, I rarely hear them at all...

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    I have used these for several years. They work!

I no longer have mouse/rat fecal droppings in my Garage, Or around the house ANYWERE...

Will not bother dogs at all. You may or may not hear a slight hum when you get to close to them though. Well my wife does, I rarely hear them at all...
    i have tried those in the past, and they did not work for me at all. a snap trap was placed 3 ft from one and it didnt deter them at all

Leah Marie

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2009
    K-Town
    They cost about a quarter a piece...I'll spring for new ones.

(And thanks to Leah, those two stray cats that frequent my yard are probably going to die a horrible death via antifreeze)

Lol I couldn't figure out why you would want to kill the two stray cats until dad told me you had said the next person to say something about getting a cat you will do that. (I should have read all of the post's before posting) That's okay though because when you kill those two cats I will have another for ya.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Well, they have eaten all of the poison and I need to pick up more.

I haven't seen a mouse in several days, but I'm still hearing the same single little bastard in this one spot in the kitchen I can't get to.

Ima figure something out tonight and get rid of him though.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    Well, they have eaten all of the poison and I need to pick up more.

I haven't seen a mouse in several days, but I'm still hearing the same single little bastard in this one spot in the kitchen I can't get to.

Ima figure something out tonight and get rid of him though.

8 shot steel loads

Top Bottom