Go forth and drive the movement!

Carry on.

I will help you.jpg

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013

I thought people were already doing this!? I know I do this as much as possible! Which is fairly frequently ;)

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Excellent sentiment. Be the guy that rows the boat so others can fish. Thinking about it, probably half my trips to the range in the past year were with new or novice shooters. I honestly have a lot of fun helping them out.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Well, when I saw the title of the thread my immediate thought was: "Men's room is down the hall third door on the right..."

But, okay...I agree with the 'movement'. :yesway:

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Sounds like a great ideal. I have helped train my children and grandchildren, if the good Lord be willing, I will help with my Great Grandchildren in a few years!

As to prices, I remember when I could purchase gasoline in the late 50's for 18 or 19 cent / gal. HOWEVER, that was not as great as it seems. I worked at a factory and earned about $82 pretax a week. Although I brought home $75+ net. If you worked steady at a decent job back then SS deductions for the year was paid off in about May! It still wasn't all good as most people (including myself) didn't have near as much "free" money to spend for luxuries, most of my money was used for food, housing and rent. In general people today have many more luxuries than their grandparents.

Most of us only remember the good things. Back then medical and dentistry was just short of Witch doctor mode. Ambulances were all Funeral home hearses, driven by some fast driver, There were no EMT's or CPR! When you quit breathing they dug a hole. If you detached or even badly smashed a finger, arm or leg they cut it off, and there was no reattachment.
    I had Polio as a child, luckily with only very minor after effects. Dentistry was really painful, drills were just that, a powered drill bit. I had a close friend die from Diphtheria when I was a young child.

Yep,you could order Military surplus firearms for less than $10, shipped to your house, but neither me nor my friends bought any as we could not afford them.

There were many good things about those days, no one locked their homes, cars or worried about thieves in my small town. You did get to know your neighbors as they walked past your porch (but you were setting on your porch or walking as the houses were too dam hot to be inside). Kids did get a lot more exercise as there were NO electronics when I was a child, no TV, (did have a radio), no battery powered or electrical powered games etc.. There was a lot more manual labor done by both adults and children. Me and all my friends did work on farms starting at about age 12 to 14 during the entire summer to purchase our clothes and extras.

dirtybird

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2015
    Morgan Co.
    Sounds like a great ideal. I have helped train my children and grandchildren, if the good Lord be willing, I will help with my Great Grandchildren in a few years!

As to prices, I remember when I could purchase gasoline in the late 50's for 18 or 19 cent / gal. HOWEVER, that was not as great as it seems. I worked at a factory and earned about $82 pretax a week. Although I brought home $75+ net. If you worked steady at a decent job back then SS deductions for the year was paid off in about May! It still wasn't all good as most people (including myself) didn't have near as much "free" money to spend for luxuries, most of my money was used for food, housing and rent. In general people today have many more luxuries than their grandparents.

Most of us only remember the good things. Back then medical and dentistry was just short of Witch doctor mode. Ambulances were all Funeral home hearses, driven by some fast driver, There were no EMT's or CPR! When you quit breathing they dug a hole. If you detached or even badly smashed a finger, arm or leg they cut it off, and there was no reattachment.
    I had Polio as a child, luckily with only very minor after effects. Dentistry was really painful, drills were just that, a powered drill bit. I had a close friend die from Diphtheria when I was a young child.

Yep,you could order Military surplus firearms for less than $10, shipped to your house, but neither me nor my friends bought any as we could not afford them.

There were many good things about those days, no one locked their homes, cars or worried about thieves in my small town. You did get to know your neighbors as they walked past your porch (but you were setting on your porch or walking as the houses were too dam hot to be inside). Kids did get a lot more exercise as there were NO electronics when I was a child, no TV, (did have a radio), no battery powered or electrical powered games etc.. There was a lot more manual labor done by both adults and children. Me and all my friends did work on farms starting at about age 12 to 14 during the entire summer to purchase our clothes and extras.

Don't forget walking to school in a foot of snow...uphill...both ways.

Top Bottom