I can't be the only INGO Magic the Gathering player, can I?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Is the newly released D&D version any good?

I've not played it personally, but have heard from quite a few people that it is good. Good being, moving back toward old school/early editions, simplifying, and not being so involved around miniature play. My guess is they finally learned why pathfinder has become so successfull, and why Dungeon Crawl Classics is gaining a crowd.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I haven't played in a good 22 years or so. The MUDs and other text-based group online games were pretty fun. They taught me how to type quickly :)

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    I was big into magic from 1998-2001. Sold my deck and my spares...made a couple of bucks.

I miss it every now and again. I have downloaded a couple of MTG video games, but they don't compare to face-to-face play.

I'd be up for a game...can I borrow a deck?

not sure if you are close to Carmel but there is a place called Fanboys that has causal "Magic Mondays"' from 5pm to 8pm. I went up tonight for the first time and it was a great time. Good people there. If you are ever bored swing on by I'll let u borrow a deck. I'm going to try to make it most Mondays.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Never played Magic. Played D&D from 1st Ed on up to 3.5, switched to Pathfinder rather than deal with that 4.0 crud. Also done Savage Worlds in a couple different settings in the last few years.

Guess I never took my geek off, JG! :@ya:

Oh, and one of my friends introduced me to Munchkin, and THAT is a real blast!!!

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Hopefully not too far off topic. An avid RPG'er I've been getting into boardgames a lot lately.
    The usual suspects like Catan, Ticket to Ride, etc...
    We've only recently fell in love with Pandemic. This co-op game rocks, and we've only beaten it twice in probably 30 tries.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I'm luring my kids over tonight with food, knowing full well that "after-dinner-Magic" will break out.
    Nothing Hansel & Gretel-y about that at all. :):

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Battletech(my best finish in assault was 5th at Gencon).Table top game,with role playing aspect(mechwarrior) turned into a hit line of pc games.Also has one of the most developed universes in the gaming world(you could spend months just reading all the novels).It will most likely always be my favorite game.I remember in the early 90s at the North Pier shopping center in Chicago...at the time the battle tech simulators(full cockpit)where the most advanced civilian simulators on earth.
    Circa 1992 lol
    [video=youtube;jdJA5C_Po4U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdJA5C_Po4U[/video]

Twilight2000 Fun Role playing game,D&D meets a post world war three environment where the most complex thing made is a bicycle.Gas and ammo where worth more than gold,and oh....no magic to fix that sucking chest wound.
    **I have to tell you this one rofl.As a GM of a twillight2000 game I once pulled an entire party into the AD&D world of Raveloft(they where being pretty sick/evil in the game)....needless to say monsters that D&D characters have a hard time with where not difficult when the players had firearms and flame throwers,but easy monsters for D&D characters gave them hell.It was a fun few sessions(and I never did explain to them where they where rofl).
    Carwars What is not to like about building a car with armor,firepower,and then racing/dueling your friends on a map larger than a pool table.

Gurps Every role playing game ever rolled into one system(pretty much).

Cyberpunk Humans integrate tech,the world is controlled by corporations with one currency.Fun game,that sadly moves closer to reality daily.

AD&D Fun role playing game if you have a good game master that is not afraid to kill every player in the room lol.

Top Secret Role playing spy type game...meh.

Warhammer Table top mech battles.Strategy plays a key role.

Silent Death table top space game.

I have probably played or GM most RP/table top games that are more than 5 years old.I have run games at the Toy soldier in Ohio,Second Floor games(was in North Vernon),The Game Preserve(Greenwood and Keystone),and of course at Gen Con.

I played Magic seriously for about a year,and eventually tired of the endless expansion packs.It seemed like a great game to make money off of though(the owner of the Game Preserve credits it with saving the Greenwood store from going out of business).

Last edited:

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    Oh, and one of my friends introduced me to Munchkin, and THAT is a real blast!!!

This x1,000,000!!!!

Just had a Munchkin game night 2 weekends ago. So much fun and perfect for those who are afraid that D&D is too geeky.

There's also a ton of expansions and base themes, so every game played is totally different.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Bringing back up to see if there is anyone interested in a weeklyonly meet up game? Or anyone who would like to learn to play would be more than welcome!

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    What days are you open? I found a place in indy called Hero's Emporium that does casual (open tables and free) magic on Mondays from 630p-9. I'm going up to check it out tonight to see how the environment is. If it's good then I mayake the a regular spot. Come up if you are free. If we can get enough IMHO guys/gals that would like to get a regular game going that would be great too!

Top Bottom