I can't be the only INGO Magic the Gathering player, can I?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    As the title states. I have done some searching and found very few treads in regards to MTG. Most of the post stating it was a previous hobby but don't see much current activity. I'm looking to get a casual play group together if there are any ingoers interested. Could be a good opportunity to talk a outs guns, hunting, etc at the same time! Let me know if you are in the Indy area and interested!

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    I tried to play once. I very briefly lived in Missouri where I helped someone set up a LAN Center / Gaming Center / MTG card shop. I sat in on a game or two and hung out for a couple tournaments that were held in the same room as the LAN center but never got into it. I was just there for the computer stuff, not the gaming stuff.

I do have a buddy, fellow gun owner and all around good dude who is really into it. He has traveled for tournaments and sells cards on eBay as well. Not an INGO member but that's something he'd like.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    I tried to play once. I very briefly lived in Missouri where I helped someone set up a LAN Center / Gaming Center / MTG card shop. I sat in on a game or two and hung out for a couple tournaments that were held in the same room as the LAN center but never got into it. I was just there for the computer stuff, not the gaming stuff.

I do have a buddy, fellow gun owner and all around good dude who is really into it. He has traveled for tournaments and sells cards on eBay as well. Not an INGO member but that's something he'd like.

i can pass on my info to you to pass to your buddy. Talk to him and if he is interested send me a PM!

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    I was a big D&D player in High School and have wanted to try gathering (relive the younger years). I might be in if your willing to teach too :-)

I played D&D back in the day too. Most recently into a more complex and much lesser known RPG called Rolemaster. But yes Magic is a very fun game. I was into it 15 years ago and just recently picked it back up, so I really don't know a lot of people playing. I would definitely be up for teaching the game to any newcomers. Good thing is now you can pick up ready to play stater decks for like $15. Then you can expand and customize down the road as you like.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Used to play when it first came out, but haven't played in many a year. Sold off most of my high dollar cards years ago and gifted the rest to my kids, who play against each other every now and then. Too many different sets out now for me to make heads or tails out of.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I was big into magic from 1998-2001. Sold my deck and my spares...made a couple of bucks.

I miss it every now and again. I have downloaded a couple of MTG video games, but they don't compare to face-to-face play.

I'd be up for a game...can I borrow a deck?

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    I was big into magic from 1998-2001. Sold my deck and my spares...made a couple of bucks.

I miss it every now and again. I have downloaded a couple of MTG video games, but they don't compare to face-to-face play.

I'd be up for a game...can I borrow a deck?

Yeah I played originally around the same time frame. Since I got back into it I can't believe how much I missed it. Like you said the online versions don't hold up to the game in person at all. Especially if you have people to play with that are fun to be around. You absolutely can borrow one of my decks to play with if you would like. I have several starter decks as well as many constructed decks. None of which could probably win a tournament but they are fun.

BuddieReigns

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Muncie
    I used to play and still have my cards. Last time I played was maybe a year ago? It was probably the first time in almost 3 or 4 years. Magic rules. I like green and black most. Red's pretty dang cool as well. I never really liked blue or white.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Sons are into that stuff. I don't game so hard anymore. Back in my prime I would've been all over it, though.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    I used to play and still have my cards. Last time I played was maybe a year ago? It was probably the first time in almost 3 or 4 years. Magic rules. I like green and black most. Red's pretty dang cool as well. I never really liked blue or white.

I never was really a fan of Blue either. I remember my dad thought me how to play when the game first came out and he played a blue deck. It was one of those annoying control decks that countered everything I tried to do and made each match last forever as he slowly picked away at me. It drove me nuts.

BuddieReigns

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Muncie
    I had a friend in high school that had only one deck. It was a white decking deck. He'd put out his defenses and just make you keep drawing. It was so annoying. He had to get perfect hands though, so I just would always beat him with a speed deck. Also, when we played multiplayer games, everyone would just bum rush him at the beginning to not have to deal with it.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Good news. I got my wife to try the game out tonight. She actually really enjoyed it and says she is going to start playing! I'm excited because she is the farthest thing away from being any kind of gamer. It probably helped that I let her use my best deck and she steamrolled me! Made her like it that much more lol.

BuddieReigns

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Muncie
    Good news. I got my wife to try the game out tonight. She actually really enjoyed it and says she is going to start playing! I'm excited because she is the farthest thing away from being any kind of gamer. It probably helped that I let her use my best deck and she steamrolled me! Made her like it that much more lol.

Awesome. I wish I could get my gf to play. She thinks it's dumb.

Top Bottom