• ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    442 Airweight .38 revolver that is :D

Been wanting a summer carry pocket pistol and found the perfect one from a fellow INGO'er.

Was wanting an LCR, but I got this 442 at a great price and had to get it.

and before you ask, he's a pic ;)

442y.jpg

Last edited:

RetDep310

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Columbus
    Very nice gun. You might try a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster along with a Bianchi Speed Strip for a reload. Can get both fairly reasonable from Midway USA.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Picked up some Hornady Critical Defense rounds for it, 110gr +P FTX.

Pretty cool video of the FTX ammo:

Congrats on a very nice gun! Let us know how the Critical Defense ammo works. Especially in regards to point of impact as compared to point of aim. I'd be interested in seeing if it hits low. I carry Critical Defense 115gr JHPs in the first mag of my PT92. The other mags are loaded with Speer 147 grain Gold Dots, because the Critical Defense ammo is, by design, limited in terms of penetration through barriers. This makes it perfect, to my mind, for a personal and home defense round, but I figure that if I'm still in a shooting situation after 15 rounds (HIGHLY unlikely) the bad guy will likely be behind hard cover at that point.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Congrats on a very nice gun! Let us know how the Critical Defense ammo works. Especially in regards to point of impact as compared to point of aim. I'd be interested in seeing if it hits low. I carry Critical Defense 115gr JHPs in the first mag of my PT92. The other mags are loaded with Speer 147 grain Gold Dots, because the Critical Defense ammo is, by design, limited in terms of penetration through barriers. This makes it perfect, to my mind, for a personal and home defense round, but I figure that if I'm still in a shooting situation after 15 rounds (HIGHLY unlikely) the bad guy will likely be behind hard cover at that point.

I'm open to all advice, I'm new to .38's.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I'm open to all advice, I'm new to .38's.

Most fixed sight .38s are regulated for 158 grain bullets, so light fast bullets may hit low. If you haven't yet, you'll surely want to fire your gun to see how low it it's with that ammo. I'm not really offering advice, I'm just curious to see how low they hit, if they do, because I'm VERY pleased with the accuracy of the Critical Defense ammo from my 9mm, and am considering it for .38s also instead of the PDX1s I've preferred for a while.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom