• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    What age is a good age to start introducing kids? We have two 10 year old girls and sending them through Appleseed in the next few months. Also have a 4 YO boy who saw my AR15 when I brought it home and asked if that was for him. Made me think when is a good time to start? He already has a 22 waiting. So do the girls when the go to Appleseed.

Whenever you think they are calm enough to handle it. My son was calm enough at 6, my daughter while she has shot on private land, at 6, with just me and the boy, I will not take her to a public range with others around. She is just to "energetic" for that at 8.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    We were finally able to get a few rounds fired today. I had to help steady the barrel for her a little bit.

IMG_20120826_173808.jpg

:yesway:

How'd she like it?

philbert001

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    Allen County
    :yesway: Very cool! I have my son (8) do most of his shooting from a rest or bags. It allows him to concentrate on the basics (breath, trigger control, sight picture, etc.) Accuracy is important to him, and the bags make this alot easier. Shooting is only fun for so long if you aren't hitting your target.
    ^^^This! My boy started out, using my 6-9 inch Harris bipod, and I fully agree that it frees them up to focus on the fundamentals!

Top Bottom