• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RGriff69

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    I see a lot of people buying guns because they are pink. What is wrong with that? I think it's a good thing to get my daughter into guns, no matter the color.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    You've also failed to answer my questions. My simple rebuttal to your entire argument is, do you want people into gun's that choose firearms based on something so shallow as it's outward appearance, or more to the point, it's colour? I certainly don't. That's extremely superficial.

Buddy, this is America, we spell it without the U here. Kind of our thing, you know?

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    And you are bring up a question that in no way makes any sense or has any relevance to the conversation. You keep asking about functionality. But I could ask some random question and pretend to be arguing a point just the same...

You seem to be arguing a point to yourself. I never brought up functionality. You did. So, stop arguing with yourself, and realize the overall point of my disapproval, in that, it is tasteless, and superfluous. Ofcourse, not pertaining to functionality, but to appeal, and show. I clearly stated that you are comparing two things that can't be compared. As stated before, engraving for the most part, is art. It takes skill, and concentration on the part of the artist. It's tasteful. Colour is gaudy. You can't compare art to flat colour. In this, your argument is ridiculous. You're basically trying to make Da Vinci's Anghiari fit into the same box as a bright yellow blazer and label them equal. It's just not possible. Sorry.

I seem to have offended you because you like your tools all dolled up with scratch marks but rage at the sight of a firearm that is a different colour than your preference. Guns are tools, nothing more. I'll just a hammer if it is pink, red, yellow grey, an EBR because I can strike them all with the same force. Thanks for proving my point about aesthetics.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    You've also failed to answer my questions. My simple rebuttal to your entire argument is, do you want people into gun's that choose firearms based on something so shallow as it's outward appearance, or more to the point, it's colour? I certainly don't. That's extremely superficial.

I haven't responded to anything you've posted yet so here it is: Most people's tastes and preferences are based, initially on superficial choices. What kind of shoes do you wear? Where do you shop for clothes? Any reason why do you don't own or drive a Hyundai? Maybe you do some of those things and maybe you don't do any. I'll take my chances and say that you probably purchase something based on superficiality.

As already stated but failed to comprehend, I want guns to be as normalized as possible in society. If a colour shift makes this an easier pill to swallow for the masses then so be it. If a painted, hydro-dipped, Cerakote-d, or DuraCoated is a tool to get someone else to shoot, then I am all for it. People already pick firearms based on superficial choices. My guess is that you probably have already even if you're not aware of it. You hate pet brands and ones you may not touched based on aesthetics. It may be superficial but it's also reality and if you ignore it,

NolaMan61

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Danville, IN
    Buddy, this is America, we spell it without the U here. Kind of our thing, you know?

Yes, this is indeed the United States, and I understand that there is American english and English english. I happen to adhere to the proper way of speaking english, the way it was invented. Who said you had to do the same? I also just realized that people here tend to insist on yelling about freedom. So are you telling me that I am not free to add my vowels to my words, sir? Because that would be considered censorship if so.

I seem to have offended you because you like your tools all dolled up with scratch marks but rage at the sight of a firearm that is a different colour than your preference. Guns are tools, nothing more. I'll just a hammer if it is pink, red, yellow grey, an EBR because I can strike them all with the same force. Thanks for proving my point about aesthetics.

You aren't offending me at all. It actually seem's the other way round'. You can't seem to take the fact that I disapprove of coloured firearms. Your point has not been proven at all. Infact, quite the opposite. You keep on talking about functionality. I am speaking purely in an aesthetic point of view. Any wanker can colour a gun, green, or pink, or yellow. But it takes skill and class to engrave a firearm. There are very few who are able to accomplish the trade with good detail actually. So, my rebuttal is; thankyou for proving to me that you're arguing with yourself.

I haven't responded to anything you've posted yet so here it is: Most people's tastes and preferences are based, initially on superficial choices. What kind of shoes do you wear? Where do you shop for clothes? Any reason why do you don't own or drive a Hyundai? Maybe you do some of those things and maybe you don't do any. I'll take my chances and say that you probably purchase something based on superficiality.

Quite the opposite, really. I don't buy things based on superficiality. I buy things based on practicality. I'm not in any way a "consumer". I buy what I need. And if I am buying something that I want, it's based on some kind of potential need most times.

As already stated but failed to comprehend, I want guns to be as normalized as possible in society. If a colour shift makes this an easier pill to swallow for the masses then so be it. If a painted, hydro-dipped, Cerakote-d, or DuraCoated is a tool to get someone else to shoot, then I am all for it. People already pick firearms based on superficial choices. My guess is that you probably have already even if you're not aware of it. You hate pet brands and ones you may not touched based on aesthetics. It may be superficial but it's also reality and if you ignore it,

I'll address this again... you can look at my entire gun collection here in the forums under the show and tell section. I have never purchased a firearm based on looks. I own guns based on their ability. And my purchasing power, ofcourse.

I'm fine with you wanting guns to be normalized. I'm in the same raft with you, buddy. But I am of the opinion that coloured crap is tasteless. End of story.

Last edited:

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Tasteful is a matter of subjective opinion. You are ignoring my question , again, what about engraving improves the functionality of the firearm? You can't say 'worth' because that isn't a function of what we're discussing.

Ingraving the bolt doesn't improve the function. No argument there that I can see. But is does add a personal touch and adds to the sentamental value. I think that is the reason it was done. Many years from now she will have something special to show her kids. I think that adds to the personal value. I say it's awesome!

philbert001

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    Allen County
    530115_426845440692548_1732460553_n.jpg

The cricket is the best gun for a beginner. There is no temptation to spray and pray, like with a semi auto, and it gives them a single shot to concentrate on fundamentals, if they want to put it on paper! I gave this one to my son for his 7th Christmas, along with the scope mount for the cricket, and told him that as soon as I was satisfied that he was proficient with the iron sights, that I'd give him a scope. Well, a couple seasons later, here's what he ended up with! Kinda overkill, but I had it laying around! He can shoot golfballs at 50 yards all day! I am actually impressed for such a cheap, simple little rifle! He is now 12, and is foaming at the mouth for me to give him my 10/22! I gave him my winchester model 72 instead. Bolt action, but at least he gets a 15 round tube magazine!

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Kuddos for teaching the kiddo to shoot. That is something special she will always remember. I started teaching my son when he was 3 and now he's 5 and a decent shot.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    530115_426845440692548_1732460553_n.jpg

The cricket is the best gun for a beginner. There is no temptation to spray and pray, like with a semi auto, and it gives them a single shot to concentrate on fundamentals, if they want to put it on paper! I gave this one to my son for his 7th Christmas, along with the scope mount for the cricket, and told him that as soon as I was satisfied that he was proficient with the iron sights, that I'd give him a scope. Well, a couple seasons later, here's what he ended up with! Kinda overkill, but I had it laying around! He can shoot golfballs at 50 yards all day! I am actually impressed for such a cheap, simple little rifle! He is now 12, and is foaming at the mouth for me to give him my 10/22! I gave him my winchester model 72 instead. Bolt action, but at least he gets a 15 round tube magazine!

Dude, if the best you can do is come on here to bag on a little girl's first rifle...you're in a pretty sad state. My suggestion to you NolaMan61, is walk away. The more you type the more ignorant and pitiful you sound.

Some people are just haters and have nothing better to do than rain on other peoples parades. He is just too manly to comprehend guns come in many pink nowadays.

philbert001

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    Allen County
    ^^^^What he said!
    Old timers had trouble with "Black" guns, and "Plastic" guns too! If ole' boy wants to claim, "Purist", he needs to hate black guns too! A "Purist", would tell you that gun stocks and boats should both be wood!

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    Yes, this is indeed the United States, and I understand that there is American english and English english. I happen to adhere to the proper way of speaking english, the way it was invented. Who said you had to do the same? I also just realized that people here tend to insist on yelling about freedom. So are you telling me that I am not free to add my vowels to my words, sir? Because that would be considered censorship if so.

Sure, just make sure you drop all the Spanish and even more French words that are a part of our every day language. We do speak English, it is just the base of the American language. And I'll bet you do not speak proper English, you just try to look more intelectual, and it's not working.

sdh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    4 Corners
    I took my 4 year old girl squirrel hunting last night with her pink cricket. She hasn't mastered the art of quiet yet, but has a good time.

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    I would paint black tiger stripes on with the pink if it got my granddaughter shooting. Colored guns have a purpose. The purpose is to bring more shooters to the table. Guess what, IT WORKS. The number of women and youth shooters is rising and that's great in every sense for the future of gun rights. OP, you better start saving for a unicorn AR or Hello Kitty AK for when she out grows the Cricket.

Rikkrack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Montgomery Co
    What age is a good age to start introducing kids? We have two 10 year old girls and sending them through Appleseed in the next few months. Also have a 4 YO boy who saw my AR15 when I brought it home and asked if that was for him. Made me think when is a good time to start? He already has a 22 waiting. So do the girls when the go to Appleseed.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    It's always a good thing to get kids involved in shooting related activities. I remember going to the shooting range when I was in the boy scouts. It is where I learned to shoot properly. Went hunting with Dad a few times but I really just remember being freezing cold and not getting any rabbits even though the dogs always seemed to be scaring them up. I guess old Dad just wasn't fast enough on the trigger!

RGriff69

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    We were finally able to get a few rounds fired today. I had to help steady the barrel for her a little bit.

IMG_20120826_173808.jpg

hammer24

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    :yesway: Very cool! I have my son (8) do most of his shooting from a rest or bags. It allows him to concentrate on the basics (breath, trigger control, sight picture, etc.) Accuracy is important to him, and the bags make this alot easier. Shooting is only fun for so long if you aren't hitting your target.

I love these kind of pics!:D

Top Bottom