I practice Safe Driving.

tpb.jpg

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Thank you to the INGO members who have called to check up on me after my surgery December 5th to my left eye.

The doc says everything looks excellent and now I have to keep taking antibiotics and smear ointment in my eyeball to fight infection. My eyeball is bright red but the swelling of the eyelid is much reduced. Vision is returning slowly but could take a while especially if he makes he wear bandage contact lens (they sew it on).

No water in eye (I tape a corner of a sanwhich bag, like how you package crack, to my eye when I shower), no shooting for a while, no yoga, no exercise (I can walk but not jog or run), no head below waist and no Three Stooges eye poking reenactments with rhino downtown.

I go back to Indy next week and then next month.

Thanks for checking on grumpy Uncle Kirk.:D

Good to hear Kirk......glad you are recovering.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    The front windshield of a Buick LeSabre is not a person.

In case you are curious Ford F250 trumps Buick LeSabre.

Yikes. Tis why I put my kids in trucks.......my daughter got t-boned in our 1999 Explorer, right on drivers door. Bent the truck into a u shape. She had a slight cut on ear from flying glass, and lots of bruises on her left side. Driver of other vehicle was not so lucky. Size does indeed matter....in crashes.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Anti-biotics have stopped, on eye drops now.

Hopefully the doc will cut the stitches out of my eye in January so I can see again. Vision is a little like looking through ice cube.

Biggest hassle (no water in eye, no head below waist, inter alia) is lack of exercise. I can walk but no running, jumping, falling or skipping. Yesterday while everyone ran the hill for 40 minutes and then did burpees at the top, I walked. I feel like a slug and a slacker.

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I am glad to hear that your recovery is going well. Too bad you cannot exercise the way that you are accustomed. I know you will enjoy getting back to it full bore.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery,

Terry

Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    Best of luck! Hope you are back to whatever passes for normal soon!

Prayers and well wishes that this med works.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Steroid drops have raised pressure in eye. I have a new eye drop to counteract the steroid eye drop.

Stitches will not be cut out until pressure decreases.

I blame rhino.
    I have heard that there is a completely natural substance that, when ingested in one manner or another, relieves pressure on the eyeball. Some people use it for glaucoma. Or so I've read. ;)

Regardless, hope everything works out and you're back to 100% soon.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Doing much better. Pressure down to 11 from 33.

Super good news--I am cleared to exercise again. Back to yoga, burpees and hill running. Maybe I can do Wing Chun again. Sticky hands with goggles perhaps. Best stick to the wooden man, he can't fight back.:D

I now have date to have stitches cut out. Can hardly wait, I can stop squinting like a pirate.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Steroid drops have raised pressure in eye. I have a new eye drop to counteract the steroid eye drop.

Stitches will not be cut out until pressure decreases.

I blame rhino.

Snip...

I now have date to have stitches cut out. Can hardly wait, I can stop squinting like a pirate.

I know all about the effects steroids have on eye pressure, I'm glad the pressure has subsided and a date for the removal of the stitches.

4 years ago I was in an experimental eye study involving the use of a slow release steroid the size of a small piece of rice implanted into my left eye to see if it would help with diabetic retinopathy. I was told that there was less than a 3% chance that I would have a reaction to it.

Should have played the lottery.

Developed a drug induced case of Glaucoma that was a cross between open/closed because of it.

Was on 3 eye drops and a nasty oral med that made everything have a metal taste to it. Pressure reading continued to climb into the high 30's when surgery was scheduled. On the day of my trabeculectomy my pressure was 41. So I know your pain when it comes to surgery.

Unfortunately I'm scheduled cataract surgery on the left eye March the 6th for one that has been a rather rapid developing one, and on March 20th for the right eye on a mild one. So my Pirate days will be returning, guess I'll match Pirate Girl pup for a little bit.:D

114_0166.jpg

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Super good news--I am cleared to exercise again. Back to yoga, burpees and hill running. Maybe I can do Wing Chun again. Sticky hands with goggles perhaps. Best stick to the wooden man, he can't fight back.:D

Arrrrrr, Matey! Glad to hear you're on the mend!

Top Bottom