I am ashamed of myself for what I have just done...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Burnsy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NW Indiana
    The proposed ban applies to any rifle shotgun or hand gun with a detachable magazine that "could" accept a magazine the holds more than 10 rounds. This encompasses just about every modern hand gun regardless of what magazine you own for it.

If it passes as is your gun will be grandfathered and need to be registered as an NFA item regardless of the mag you carry in it. Stop buying mags and write your congress.

Last edited:

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    and have one or more military characteristics;

It could be argued that any firearm has military characteristics.
    No firearm that I can think of was ever designed and produced strickly for hunting or any other purpose other than military.
    They were all converted for hunting, target and self protection.

Feinstein and others are throwing the whole bucket at the wall in hopes that some or most of it will stick.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Sorry K_W, but I have to laugh when I read that if something that was legal yesterday is banned today, that there are actually people who will call their local unconstitutional law enforcers and offer up what they have with no questions asked.

You really would turn over any mag you have that holds more rounds than what Feinstein determines you should have?

Again, sorry for not understanding.

Write letters, emails, make phone calls and let our supposed representatives know that their oath of office is to uphold the constitution.

Let them know that since this infringement on our rights as Americans stems from the massacre in Connecticut, then we the people want them to make murder illegal, don't take firearms from honest people. Make schools free of firearms, don't protect our children with arms in the hands of teachers as we all know signs will stop people from bringing firearms into these areas.

Instead of buying 10 round mags for a firearm that was designed to hold more, show the politicians that you will not stand for their tyranny by buying that which they want to ban. You would hope that with all the panic buying that they would get the message?

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Sorry K_W, but I have to laugh when I read that if something that was legal yesterday is banned today, that there are actually people who will call their local unconstitutional law enforcers and offer up what they have with no questions asked.

You really would turn over any mag you have that holds more rounds than what Feinstein determines you should have?

Again, sorry for not understanding.

Write letters, emails, make phone calls and let our supposed representatives know that their oath of office is to uphold the constitution.

Let them know that since this infringement on our rights as Americans stems from the massacre in Connecticut, then we the people want them to make murder illegal, don't take firearms from honest people. Make schools free of firearms, don't protect our children with arms in the hands of teachers as we all know signs will stop people from bringing firearms into these areas.

Instead of buying 10 round mags for a firearm that was designed to hold more, show the politicians that you will not stand for their tyranny by buying that which they want to ban. You would hope that with all the panic buying that they would get the message?

I never once said I was turning them in. That is a bridge to consider crossing or not when it actually comes into sight. But knowing that the bridge may exist, somewhere (sometime) is it not prudent to prepare for it?

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    Having a few 10 rounders around has never been a bad thing. I have picked up a few over the years. Very cheap, they work, and 10 rounds of a decent caliber leaves one far from unarmed.

I picked up a couple of cheap 10 round AK mags the Thursday before Connecticut. Just for the heck of it.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    EDIT: No, I have not given up the fight, I plan to fight till the end, but I have to protect my wife and I, no matter what.

No worries, I've considered adding a walther pk 380 to the safe for exactly that reason. So I know I'll be covered.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Relax, everyone. Don't panic buy to comply with what you imagine the ban will be. You'll end up with stuff that you may not need after all.

Here, let me help out. I see many of you believe in pre-emptively addressing problems. You should consider how you might want to get rid of the panic-bought stuff. At some point when people realize they overreacted, all this stuff is going to be for sale, and you won't be able to get a good price for yours. So you want to sell your stuff now! Let me know if you want me to take some nice stuff off your hands right now.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    None, yet. But my reasoning is, > IF < something gets through the demand and prices for compliant mags will be unreal... and I will have to dispose of the 15 rounders, and be left with a single shot handgun.

At worst, if nothing goes through, I now have an extra (albeit smaller) magazine, or I sell it.
    You will be able to keep your standard capacity magazines, they're not taking them away or making it illegal to have them / carry them. If you sell the gun you might want to include a 10 round magazine since you won't be able to legally transfer your standard capacity mags. But if you plan on keeping it there is no point to buying 10 round mags.

Truckerman79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    McCordsville, IN
    I don't intend on obeying any new, unjust laws. They can kiss my ass. Honestly though, I don't think this will make it to Obama's desk. Once this blows over and the prices reset, there are going to be a lot of butthurt gun enthusiasts with a lot of pricey mags and accessories. :tantrum:

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I don't intend on obeying any new, unjust laws. They can kiss my ass. Honestly though, I don't think this will make it to Obama's desk. Once this blows over and the prices reset, there are going to be a lot of butthurt gun enthusiasts with a lot of pricey mags and accessories. :tantrum:
    The AWB proposed by Feinstein is beatable if we fight.

The magazine ban to be introduced later this week isn't so beatable and will likely find more support with Republicans than the AWB. I say it has a good chance of passing if it's allowed to go to a vote. Our only hope of defeating it is having the Republicans who control the House prevent it from going to that vote.

If it goes to a vote and it pass, which it likely will, those mags will have been a good investment. Fortunately I've not been forced to buy mags at these ridiculous prices.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Certain other semiautomatic rifles, handguns, shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and have one or more military characteristics; and
    Semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds./QUOTE]

Your still screwed.

All Magazine-fed rifles, shotguns, and semi-auto pistols, that have a detachable magazine, CAN accept any mag., of any CAPACITY, so why buy 10 rounders..... I don't think that a lot of this bill is going to be voted on, but what do I know !!!!!
    Someone, in another thread said, the last "gun ban" took 6-7 years to pass .....

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    All Magazine-fed rifles, shotguns, and semi-auto pistols, that have a detachable magazine, CAN accept any mag., of any CAPACITY, so why buy 10 rounders..... I don't think that a lot of this bill is going to be voted on, but what do I know !!!!!
    Someone, in another thread said, the last "gun ban" took 6-7 years to pass .....
    The 1994 ban was introduced in 1994 and passed in 1994.

ZX-14R

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    With the 1-2 punch of threats from Fienstein and Obama both calling for bans on "high-capactity" magazines, I saw no choice but to prepare for the possibility of one or both of them getting something passed, so I did it...

I ordered a politically correct 10 round factory magazine for my Ruger P-95. :(

This way IF any of them get a bill passed, I will be able... to comply.

On the plus side, I will continue to be able to use the gun I have practiced with for years and have total faith in, in spite of their bill(s), just with less chances to stop a threat.

Gun gods, please forgive me.

EDIT: No, I have not given up the fight, I plan to fight till the end, but I have to protect my wife and I, no matter what.

:ugh: :nuts:

Top Bottom