I am ashamed of myself for what I have just done...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    5 pages of mostly slamming a guy for preparing for the possibility of something that might be coming down the pipes?

There is no downside here whatsoever.

Lower cap magazines are just flat cheaper. What could possibly be bad about having additional mags for any gun?

He's stimulating the economy, which Obama has failed to do.

If it DOES pass, the next run will be on the 10 and under round magazines. Guess what's gonna happen to THOSE prices? This, of course, is assuming you can even find them. People are struggling to find magazines now based on the THOUGHT of a ban. What happens if a ban actually happens? The run on magazines now will be a joke compared to what would come.

This guy's gonna be carrying legally in public while many others will either be carrying illegally or not at all; And all because they were too busy slamming others that they couldn't find their compliant magazines (assuming passage, of course).

The same people slamming this guy for preparing have underground bunkers, 13 months supply of food and their DVR's set to record every episode of "Doomsday Preppers."

But ya, buying a 10 rounder means he's "given up."

:rolleyes:

JimmyR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Clark County
    I just ordered a 10 rounder for my CZ 75. The way I figure, I'll either have a useable mag for my favorite carry weapon, or have an extra mag for my favorite carry gun. I'd been thinking about it for a while, but seeing the OP make the leap (and honestly seeing the flak some of usa were giving him) made me take the leap.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    5 pages of mostly slamming a guy for preparing for the possibility of something that might be coming down the pipes?

There is no downside here whatsoever.

Lower cap magazines are just flat cheaper. What could possibly be bad about having additional mags for any gun?

He's stimulating the economy, which Obama has failed to do.

If it DOES pass, the next run will be on the 10 and under round magazines. Guess what's gonna happen to THOSE prices? This, of course, is assuming you can even find them. People are struggling to find magazines now based on the THOUGHT of a ban. What happens if a ban actually happens? The run on magazines now will be a joke compared to what would come.

This guy's gonna be carrying legally in public while many others will either be carrying illegally or not at all; And all because they were too busy slamming others that they couldn't find their compliant magazines (assuming passage, of course).

The same people slamming this guy for preparing have underground bunkers, 13 months supply of food and their DVR's set to record every episode of "Doomsday Preppers."

But ya, buying a 10 rounder means he's "given up."

:rolleyes:

Thanks for understanding. Not giving up the fight, but like they say... prepare for the worst.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    If buying a lesser round mag for a law that has not yet been passed makes sense, then dumping a semi auto handgun (even if mag compliant) for a revolver makes even more sense.

Last ban there was a grandfather clause.

Really, think about it. Friggin' think.

If they are going to pass some retroactive law (illegal) and make you a friggin' criminal, what makes you think by having a 10 round mag they are going to just let you go (if they stop you for anything)?

The preppers may be nuts but you're in the same league with your lack of reality.

chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    If buying a lesser round mag for a law that has not yet been passed makes sense, then dumping a semi auto handgun (even if mag compliant) for a revolver makes even more sense.

Last ban there was a grandfather clause.

Really, think about it. Friggin' think.

If they are going to pass some retroactive law (illegal) and make you a friggin' criminal, what makes you think by having a 10 round mag they are going to just let you go (if they stop you for anything)?

The preppers may be nuts but you're in the same league with your lack of reality.

Last ban? Or this proposed ban?

We don't live in 1994 anymore. This is now 2013. Preparation is the definition of "thinking."

What makes me think they'd let him go? Because the friggin law says so under this hypothetical.

But really, which is it? Either you're gonna be labeled a criminal or be good under the new proposed AWB law. Don't know? Exactly. Nothing wrong here.

Explain in good, sensible reasoning why having an extra mag is a bad thing, regardless of count?

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Whether a persons weapons are "compliant" or not is not the answer here.
    We as free, Constitutional law abiding Americans refuse to be told by our employees what we can and cannot do if it violates that Constitution.

For decades we have let our representitives get away with violating the Constitution to the point that they feel empowerd to do to us anything they can get by with, with impunity.

It has been established that there is a penalty for violating the oath of office but it is never enforced. This has to stop.

They have become so bold as to tell us what size soft drink we may purchase and they only enforce the laws that are convenient to them and ignore the laws of the land that they have sworn to uphold.
    This must stop, and now is as good a time as any to start enforcing our Constitutional law before it is forever lost and we end up like Serbia is today.

A simple, thoughtful reading of the Constitution by any citizen should be all that is needed to understand it, even if the wording may seem strange to us today. We do not need a scholar or a judge or even a "Constitutional Law Professor" to tell us what it means and we should know when it has been violated and refuse to obey any Un-Constitutional law to the point that it be brought before the people.

However, I fear we have or nearly have reached a point of no return where the common man has been so dumbed down that we have become "sheep for the slaughter".
    For decades after it's ratification, the common man on the street could understand what it said and meant.

We should not be wondering what they will "allow" us do.

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    We have reached a point in this country where anyone demanding their Constitutional rights is considered "a nut job", so sad.

Unfortunately, you're right. And the flip side is, people demanding "rights" that aren't in the Constitution are lauded by society.

Top Bottom