I am ashamed of myself for what I have just done...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    With the 1-2 punch of threats from Fienstein and Obama both calling for bans on "high-capactity" magazines, I saw no choice but to prepare for the possibility of one or both of them getting something passed, so I did it...

I ordered a politically correct 10 round factory magazine for my Ruger P-95. :(

This way IF any of them get a bill passed, I will be able... to comply.

On the plus side, I will continue to be able to use the gun I have practiced with for years and have total faith in, in spite of their bill(s), just with less chances to stop a threat.

Gun gods, please forgive me.

EDIT: No, I have not given up the fight, I plan to fight till the end, but I have to protect my wife and I, no matter what.

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    Certain other semiautomatic rifles, handguns, shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and have one or more military characteristics; and
    Semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds./QUOTE]

Your still screwed.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I know. But it says "certain" and with no list of which ones I have to "hope" it is UZI's AR/AK pistols and other "scary" guns. and the fixed mag to mean California Bullet Button AR pistols and rifles.

Bert

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Shelbyville
    but now he has it in writing that he has been in full compliance . I'm still crying over all of mine fall in the lake .

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    You say you plan to fight til the end. How? You're preemptively complying to something that hasn't even happened. Doesn't sound much like a fighting spirit to me.

Unfortunately, 99.9% of gun owners will do the same thing. I'm not judging you or trying to be a penis. Your response is what "law makers" are counting on.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    You've already been arrested, tried and convicted? How many years will someone get for violating this imaginary law?

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    You've already been arrested, tried and convicted? How many years will someone get for violating this imaginary law?

None, yet. But my reasoning is, > IF < something gets through the demand and prices for compliant mags will be unreal... and I will have to dispose of the 15 rounders, and be left with a single shot handgun.

At worst, if nothing goes through, I now have an extra (albeit smaller) magazine, or I sell it.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I have considered picking up some 10rd'rs for the M&P just because they're easier to find now and it would be less abuse on my "full capacity" mags when I shoot Production Class. :dunno:

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I have considered picking up some 10rd'rs for the M&P just because they're easier to find now and it would be less abuse on my "full capacity" mags when I shoot Production Class. :dunno:

I thought of that too, I could leave the 15's loaded at the range and use the 10 for targets. Might be easier to load too.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN

This. I have picked up a bunch of 10 rounders after talking to a few guys that survived the '94 ban. They all pretty much claimed that even light use, their magazines, except thick steel ones, were pretty much worn out after 10 years. I've actually taken to getting more 1911 magazines, and my pistol stuff going towards a bunch of 10 round magazines, revolvers or similar. Gotta save the standard capacity for "when it counts".

Also, people need to be writing emails, letters, making calls to congress critters and NOW. I don't care that you don't care. I don't care that you think a ban is a slam dunk. It's when things look their worst when things either go completely crazy go nuts or go well for right!!

Top Bottom