• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    A pie reference would have been more attention getting...

True but normally there is only one kind of fruit in a pie. So the reference wouldn't really work. You don't typically see an apple/cherry pie, or a Key lime/peach pie.

In vegetable stew (beef vegetable btw, vegetarians annoy me) There are lots of vegetables blended together to make a tasty meal.

There however is no use for nuts of any sort in stew.

That is the problem we have now. We have nuts in our stew.

Streak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    The link to Alzheimer's is more prevalent. But anytime you repeatedly rub something on your skin to be absorbed right on top of your glands is probably bad mojo.
    And yeah, aluminum is the devil... cans, cookware, bake mixes... It's just not good for you. And Teflon? Throw that s**t OUT.
    /TJ

There's been too much speculation about this (and other causes). And while it hijacked my thread maybe I can soapbox on this for a moment :soapbox:

Alzheimer's hits close to home for me. The girl I am marrying has her grandmother who has it (and her grandmother's twin). Her mother is at high risk and it runs in females along that blood line...chances are extremely high that one day I'll lose my best friend and love of my life to some damn genetic disorder. It's a horrible disease in which the person loses, literally, who they are and it eventually progresses to the point that the person can no longer eat and it is an underlying cause for many of the other deaths. Most people who get diagnosed usually have around a 7 years and less than 3% make it 14. My girlfriend is 23.

I hate all of the major diseases, but even Parkinson is seeing treatment options: they embed a pace-maker like device with wires leading into your brain, while the device is on the tremors basically stop...there's potential side effects including depression...but there's a "normal quality of life". Cancer has treatment options for multiple kinds. Diabetes is manageable and won't cut your life short if you watch your blood sugar (seriously people...if you got this watch this and keep it in control, it killed my grandmother).

But Alzheimer's has nothing outside of experiments. NOTHING. A large part of this is that it's not fully understood why/how it happens, and this is where the preachy part of my soapbox comes in:

I have been running a program called Folding@Home. It was developed by Stanford University and essentially it seeks out how proteins unfold. For a lot of reasons that you can read about on the Folding@Home website/discussions on Reddit/other places this information is crucial in finding new drugs/treatments and understanding the disease (and knowing is half the battle...GI JOOEEEEEE).

It might up your electric bill a few cents to a few dollars each year, but it's minute and a great help. If you're one of those who feels he needs something to run this (nothing wrong with that) EVGA (a computer parts company) has a team named after themselves. EVGA can track how much you run this program and they will give you something like up to $120 a year in vouchers for their products/games.

Here is the information on EVGA's Folding@Home Program/Rewards

And here is the Folding@Home Program

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Although I have seen many of your posts that I completely disagree with, I find it refreshing that you care enough to make your stance known without resorting to childish behavior. One thing I will say though is that some of those tin foil wearing, cave dwelling nutbags are really great people if you can get past their quirks and get to know them. I know that may seem difficult, but it is possible. Their thoughts may seem crazy to you, but keep in mind your thoughts seem just as crazy to them. Every coin has two sides. In any case, thank you for posting something that will (hopefully) help people realize you are not just a troll, but simply the other side of the coin
    Yeah, like the knock-down, drag out between the two of us before we met FTF and got to know each other.

OP, nobody cares that much. In fact, I find the whole premise of this thread somewhat humorous. Post what you're gonna post. Let your words and your beliefs speak for themselves. \

Streak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Yeah, like the knock-down, drag out between the two of us before we met FTF and got to know each other.

OP, nobody cares that much. In fact, I find the whole premise of this thread somewhat humorous. Post what you're gonna post. Let your words and your beliefs speak for themselves. \

It needed to be said and was said. I wanted it to be clear as to what my intentions were -- no one is going to listen to someone who is purposely out to **** people off. I certainly ignore trolls after I realize that's all they are.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    stuart_smalley.jpg

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis

Oh it wasn't THAT bad. Ok well it kind of was. :):

I just figure we're both very opinionated people who stand VERY firm on our beliefs. And that makes us both awesome :dunno:

:D

Top Bottom