• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    If the candidates are so similar that you cannot genuinely vote 'for' a candidate, you might as well abstain.

:hijack:
    And to jump on the bandwagon, I refuse to utilize 'non-stick' cookware, regardless of what it is made of.
    Tri-ply, stainless, and copper cookware are too prevalent to buy a pan that will get three years of usage at most, or get scratched accidentally and become a health hazard.

Not to decide is to decide.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I hadn't heard about the aluminum causing cancer, but I have heard that it can contribute to the onset of Alzheimer's. I've even heard that drinking beer from aluminum cans can also contribute to... wait, what was I talking about again?

The link to Alzheimer's is more prevalent. But anytime you repeatedly rub something on your skin to be absorbed right on top of your glands is probably bad mojo.
    And yeah, aluminum is the devil... cans, cookware, bake mixes... It's just not good for you. And Teflon? Throw that s**t OUT.
    /TJ

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    If the candidates are so similar that you cannot genuinely vote 'for' a candidate, you might as well abstain.

That's true, but often they each promise to fight against my positions in different ways. Then it becomes a matter of deciding which is most likely to do damage and how great that damage is likely to be.

Sometimes it is necessary to vote against some interests to protect others, and sometimes that interest voted against can be the Second Amendment if there is a serious threat on other fronts and the candidate is unlikely to be successful in effecting anti-gun policies.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    The link to Alzheimer's is more prevalent. But anytime you repeatedly rub something on your skin to be absorbed right on top of your glands is probably bad mojo.
    And yeah, aluminum is the devil... cans, cookware, bake mixes... It's just not good for you. And Teflon? Throw that s**t OUT.
    /TJ

I know I'm wasting my time, but Memory Loss Myths & Facts | Alzheimer's Association

Also that crystal "deodorant" doesn't work. Might as well save the money and accept that no one will want to come within 10' of you.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF

Please, we don't want to take all of your aluminum, only the high-capacity sort.

It's always encouraging to read sources that state definitively that X is not causally-related to Y. But they're not really sure what does cause Y. But they can positively state that it isn't X. Or at least it's not proven. Yet. I feel reassured.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Bottom line: you do for you what you think is best for you and yours and I'll do for mine what I think best for me and mine.
    It's all good, and I won't tread on you while you're not treading on me. ;)

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Bottom line: you do for you what you think is best for you and yours and I'll do for mine what I think best for me and mine.

No, I disagree.

What do we want? Aluminum control!
    When do we want it? Now!!!

After all, if it saves ONE child, it's worth it.
    It's really just 'common sense'!

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Not to decide is to decide.

Yes, and not to act is to act. Thank you, Mr. Bonhoeffer. :):

/TJ

You know what's cool? Looking in your lasagna and seeing black flecks in it and asking, 'what the hell is that? Is that plastic spatula pieces in my lasagna? Sure enough, that's part of a plastic spatula in my lasagna.' Or looking at a 6-quart saucepan and noticing that the 'non-stick' material is clearly worn through in a circular spot on the bottom, because someone else has been using metal utensils in it. Not worth the headache. Made that mistake a long time ago, and never again. Just say no to 'non-stick,' people.

I have pretty much decided in favor of stainless steel. Although cast iron is better for some things.

The non-stick stuff always seemed a bit creepy to me.

Amazingly, they usually don't even list what the precise 'non-stick' material is.

That's true, but often they each promise to fight against my positions in different ways. Then it becomes a matter of deciding which is most likely to do damage and how great that damage is likely to be.

Sometimes it is necessary to vote against some interests to protect others, and sometimes that interest voted against can be the Second Amendment if there is a serious threat on other fronts and the candidate is unlikely to be successful in effecting anti-gun policies.

I cannot ever support anyone who infringes upon our right to bear arms, especially if there is a stated intent on the part of the legislator to attempt it, no matter how 'unlikely' that desire might be to pass the Congress. I find it personally mind-blowing that you would. Perhaps if you were to clarify this, it would make more sense. But right now it seems rather indefensible. If there were ever a time that there was no meaningful option to me on the ballot presented, I would have to abstain from that race. Not to act is to act, and in so doing, I would be refusing to endorse one evil over another. Last time it was Ron Paul and next time it'll be Rand Paul, if he runs and doesn't do or say something completely contrary to his positions heretofor, and if that makes my next presidential vote a wasted vote, then I will have wasted it happily by not endorsing Killdog Clinton and her murderous opinions. But if there is no clear choice, say, a vote between McCain (again) and Killdog, with no other choice, I would not say 'well, McCain only ****ed us over moderately for the past eight years since he lost the last election' and hold my nose and choose him as the marginally-more-acceptable candidate than Killdog. I would leave that box blank and proceed to the next race where a serious and meaningful choice is presented to me. I don't see how someone can or could do otherwise. So the thought that anyone would cast aside their own interests, particularly the fundamental right to keep and bear arms, in the hopes that the candidate-in-question would fail in their attempt to impose further tyrannical restrictions upon their innate right as a human being, just boggles my mind to the extreme. But maybe there's an angle to this I just don't see. Please, inform me as to how you do this, or if you've ever felt that you've had to do this in a prior election.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Hey Streak, there are a lot of liberal gun owners that are not comfortable on mostly right wing guns forums so bravo for sticking it out. Most of the disagreement I see is about things like social issues. It is sad that the Democrat party has taken up the banner of gun control which infuriates right wing gun owners and will take it out on any liberal brave enough to show up.

Personally, I don't have a problem with liberal gun owners. The more the merrier and who better to help with the fight against gun control than those in the opposing camp. They need to be more active politically but unfortunately, most claim they are not one issue voters so give their guys a pass.

kolob10

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Beautiful Southern Indiana
    Lighten up people:

Individually, we are sorely lacking but collectively we are perfect. "There must needs be opposition in all things" . While I might not agree with your position, there is light just beyond the darkness. Have a great day!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    How did I miss this thread.

I have had some good back and forth with the OP. He has always given his side in a respectful fashion even when I "Know" he is wrong................:):

Differences in opinion are going to happen. What we believe comes from our perspective of things, the path we have traveled and the people we have met. How you think/vote/live is up to you.

That is what this country is supposed to be or at least I thought it was.

Religion/politics are delicate subjects and should be treated as such. Those 2 topics are the base reasons for more wars and death than probably anything I can think of.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    I didn't realize I had a libertarian streak until I came here. I'm a liberal/libertarian with a gun, won't join the NRA, have lots of questions about unlimited weapons in the hands of everyone, and just come here to **** everyone off, or when it's too hot and I'm bored. My goal is to be banned/ignored by more folks than anyone else. OK Streak, I've distracted them now so run away run away. Btw, how old are you? And hopefully, one day, you will outgrow the desire to be liked by everyone. I like you............

Last edited:

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF

What was the name of that village in the RVN?

'It became necessary to destroy the town to save it', a United States major said today. He was talking about the decision by allied commanders to bomb and shell the town regardless of civilian casualties, to rout the Vietcong.

Politics is hell sometimes. I'll stick to stainless steel.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

See, that is the problem. With one side you are free to make your own decisions.
    With the other, you are too stupid to make those decisions so they,
    in their most gracious helpfulness, will make those decisions for you.

..........I also respect your moral constitution in making your stance known, because again, we're all in the same boat.

Yes, but some people are actively shooting holes in the bottom of the boat. Others (TRUE AMERICANS) are desperately trying to bail out the boat.

...or not.

Look I want to clear this up and I think this is the right place to do that (sorry mods if it's not). I don't come here to troll anyone. I came here a long time ago -- before I ever registered to find out about guns. Admittedly there are some on here that I truly believe live in caves lined with tin foil and who think Obama is personally listening to their thoughts. There are some of you on here who are so far right that anyone who doesn't believe just like you is a terrorist.

But there are at least a couple of you who at least listen and will engage in a thoughtful discussion.

I came here because I was interested in gun politics. My little brother is into guns (cares nothing at all about politics) and I learned and listened and changed my opinion from being a gun hater, to a gun rights advocate. But I also saw some disturbingly inaccurate posts on the political section saying such things as "Obamacare means free healthcare for the illegals" (it doesn't). So I do interject and provide a counter point or show facts that prove otherwise. I do still listen and oddly what started out as me coming here to learn about guns has turned into what seems to be some interesting arguments on the political section. I say interesting, because some people listen and have facts of their own or interesting opinions.

But one thing I'm not here to do is to intentionally **** anyone off (if my having a different opinion pisses you off...you should really evaluate the triggers that anger you). If all you want is a circle jerk where everyone believes the same spew about how Obama is some self-appointed king (despite being elected) out to destroy the USA and is some sort of bearer of the end of times, then just let me know. I'll try and not reply to your comments.

There are some of you who have made me feel welcome or who have engaged me in an intelligent debate. Churchmouse comes to mind as someone who totally doesn't agree with just about anything I do, and yet he is still respectful. Que is another one.

I don't intend on leaving ingunowners.com unless the mods or the admins want me to. Thus far I've not heard them say any such thing and I'll admit that sometimes I slip on being respectful and I'm sure there are times that I don't listen as well as I ought to. When someone says something that I think is a valid point or objection I try to acknowledge it. I'm not trying to change hearts and minds, I just point out what I think is an incorrect opinion and I try to, as much as I can, back it up with facts.

You guys should also note the "Site Supporter" next to my name...if I was truly here to troll I wouldn't have spent the money. If you somehow feel "threatened" by "a few voices" that are speaking up, then that's pretty sad and is all too telling of the biggest problem America faces: no one talks to tries to listen to the other side anymore. The entire country is nearly gridlocked with conservatives and liberals fighting to the point that they're forgetting what made this country run: people working out their differences and combining ideas.

I just felt like that needed to be said.

^^^ That would be indicative of the problem with this country. Because I have a different opinion than him I'm automatically an idiot who doesn't deserve to live in the country I was born in. I'm also a coward, despite my not backing down from him. I'm also apparently actively working to destroy the country I love.

darth-vader-didnt-read.gif

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    See, that is the problem. With one side you are free to make your own decisions.
    With the other, you are too stupid to make those decisions so they,
    in their most gracious helpfulness, will make those decisions for you.

Yes, but some people are actively shooting holes in the bottom of the boat. Others (TRUE AMERICANS) are desperately trying to bail out the boat.

darth-vader-didnt-read.gif

Was not aware the Darth and the minions could rock-it out like that......................:):

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I don't think vegetable stew would taste very good if it only had carrots in it.

Not that I don't like carrots and I do find myself in favor of carrots more often than not. But it's nice to have a bite of celery once in a while.

Top Bottom