• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Why not just get some tats like this & say "c me got shot" gangster style!
    :D
    gunshot-bullet-holes-tattoo.jpg

ThePope

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Fort Wayne,In
    My dadio took one to the face,between his nose and lip, point blank, back in the 70's , bullet bounced around, ended up very near his spinal cord, back of the neck.....he lived, shot his attacker 5 times with a .38 snub, that feller did not live......

So, not there......

maybe next to the ribs, upper, between the rib and the side.....

I am OuT .........;)

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    I don't know about myself, but my friend once told me he was going to have a friend of his shoot him through the butt cheek with a .22 at an angle so it would just pass through a small portion. He said he just wants to get shot once before he dies. :ugh:

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I've been told that .22lr will go through bullet proof vests, I don't know how accurate that is though. :rolleyes:
    :dunno:
    I don't think so.

But I guess anything is possible given the proper circumstances but that would be an anomaly.

To the original question, getting shot in bone is a very very bad idea. Bone splinters and causes more damage, also, bone takes a very long time to heal, and the hip bone is actually a "fragile" bone in the sense that if it is damaged and doesn't heal perfectly, you'll have problems walking forever. IMHO, the hip bone is likely the 2nd worst bone to be shot in (the worst would be your skull). I'll just take the flesh wound either in the butt or leg muscle. No arms for me, I shoot right handed (need the right arm) but write left-handed (need the left arm).

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I take one in the left forearm, it is made of metal so 22lr shouldn't do to much damage.

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    You guys are all NUTS!!!!

I was grazed by a ricochet from a 22lr at a distance of about 12 ft. It came back and grazed my left calf. Ripped through the jeans I had on and through the meaty part of my calf just under the skin.

It lodged itself just under the skin, it traveled the full width of my calf just under the skin. You want to talk about pain!?!?!? That burned like HE double hockey sticks.

The nice doctor decided that instead of just cutting a tiny area to get the bullet out it was necessary to open the entire wound channel to clean and sterilize it(something about hot lead).

While it did not kill me or even make it to where I could not walk to the truck, drive myself to the hospital, it stung!!!! I don't know if it was because it was already disformed from striking the dang fence instead of going between the fence wires and hitting the cat that had been terrorizing my chickens, but it did not leave a 22 sized hole.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Uhhh...

No...

.22 is one bad little round. It would definately shatter your bone at close range. Possibly even cause major damage as it was bouncing off other stuff too.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Keep in mind that you have nerves running all over your body, damage one of those and it will not work again, so a seemingly flesh wound could cause you to lose the use of that extremity!! SO the Answer is NO place!!

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN

SO the Answer is NO place!!

I don't think the OP is asking if you would take a round or not. Duh, we all know the answer to that. The question was, if you HAD to, where would you choose?

Ignore the fact that you would be able to defend yourself, say you're a 95 yo man in a wheelchair and on oxygen, you can't fight back. A gang or drug dealer wants to make you suffer, but doesn't want to kill you. He gives you the option of taking a bullet where you choose, and if you don't choose, he'll choose for you. Where are you going to take it? You probably aren't going to say, "no where, I'm not taking a round". You'll likely tell him where to put it.

mms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Greenwood
    so i have an interesting story......

when i was in 7th grade i was hit with a ricoce from a 22 in my left hand about one inch below my ring finger. well the bullet went in my hand and stoped against the bone... well long story short i was so scared that my mom would take away my 22 if she found out i didn't tell any one for a week untill in gym class i couldn't palm the basket ball. i finally told my mom and went to the doc both o which at this point didn't believe me..... that is until the x-ray came back then they both had this horrified look on there faces... yes i know it was dumb not to tell but i was young and stupid. any way doc took out the bullet and no permanent damage to nerves or any thing luckly and i have a super cool x-ray to show people to say i have been shot and about an inch worth of scar on my palm not that i tell the story very offten

mms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Greenwood

I was grazed by a ricochet from a 22lr at a distance of about 12 ft. It came back and grazed my left calf. Ripped through the jeans I had on and through the meaty part of my calf just under the skin.

It lodged itself just under the skin, it traveled the full width of my calf just under the skin. You want to talk about pain!?!?!? That burned like HE double hockey sticks.

The nice doctor decided that instead of just cutting a tiny area to get the bullet out it was necessary to open the entire wound channel to clean and sterilize it(something about hot lead).

While it did not kill me or even make it to where I could not walk to the truck, drive myself to the hospital, it stung!!!! I don't know if it was because it was already disformed from striking the dang fence instead of going between the fence wires and hitting the cat that had been terrorizing my chickens, but it did not leave a 22 sized hole.

^^^ this stinging burning pain i can attest to

joekoug

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Ok so hypothetically DO NOT GET SHOT! Not on a dare, not on a whim, not by ricochet, not by your friend Bryan, not on accident, not on purpose. IT HURTS!
    frankenhand.jpg

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    If you absolutely had to be shot one time - with a .22 - and you could pick its placement, where would you take it? (no fingers or toes)

I was thinking maybe the hip bone, from the side. Perhaps my left hand...but probably the hip bone. :dunno:
    Regardless of caliber, I am thinking you need to study up on shot placement. Hip is one of the worst places to be shot or injured. It will put you down.

To the question, also 9 o'clock to the ***. Would go nicely with a large scar on my upper left leg

joekoug

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Can I ask why this is even being discussed "hypothetical" or not? I remember a video floating around the internet a few months ago where some idiot shot himself in the arm with a .40, and I remember the uproar on every gun forum I check out. This is not something that promotes safe and responsible gun ownership.

I really don't think this should be discussed at all, because in this country all it takes is one moron to go shoot himself and say, "I read on INGO that it would be ok to shoot myself *insert body part here* and I would be ok." This could be a devastating thing for this community we have here.

From a physiological standpoint, there is no better place to get shot. Avoid it at all times, any sort of open wound promotes infection. An errant shot to the arm or leg could hit a major artery and you could bleed out before you ever get to a hospital. You could go for the butt, thinking that it's the best place to get shot, but the ricochet could kill someone watching. Then you go to jail, for manslaughter if not murder.

Let's just say: Don't ever shoot yourself or someone else, unless it is a life or death situation and you fear for your own life or the life of someone else...

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    Can I ask why this is even being discussed "hypothetical" or not? I remember a video floating around the internet a few months ago where some idiot shot himself in the arm with a .40, and I remember the uproar on every gun forum I check out. This is not something that promotes safe and responsible gun ownership.

I really don't think this should be discussed at all, because in this country all it takes is one moron to go shoot himself and say, "I read on INGO that it would be ok to shoot myself *insert body part here* and I would be ok." This could be a devastating thing for this community we have here.

From a physiological standpoint, there is no better place to get shot. Avoid it at all times, any sort of open wound promotes infection. An errant shot to the arm or leg could hit a major artery and you could bleed out before you ever get to a hospital. You could go for the butt, thinking that it's the best place to get shot, but the ricochet could kill someone watching. Then you go to jail, for manslaughter if not murder.

Let's just say: Don't ever shoot yourself or someone else, unless it is a life or death situation and you fear for your own life or the life of someone else...

I'm shocked it took 38 posts before the 39th. correct answer was provided.The site seems to be getting more like Craigslist Rant & Rave each day.I don't understand how taking a hit, regardless of the situation can promote gun safety and firearm awareness.I read it on INGO.

Top Bottom