• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mjblazor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 28, 2011
    If God came down to you and said "you will never ever need a gun for any reason to protect your life or anyone around you", what gun would you CCW?

j4jenk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2012
    Madison County
    Isn't that like asking what medicines you would stock if you knew that you and your family would never be sick again?

I don't get it. Why would you carry something that you would never need, and what would you need a CCW handgun for other than to defend yourself or family?

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    :dunno:

Id still carry my Springfield 1911.

Just because I dont need it doesnt mean I wont carry it.

Isnt that the LTCH holders prayer anyway?

Have it, but pray we dont need it.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Probably that H&K I've been wanting. And I'd still open carry.

And I'd pick up a few good knives, pepper spray, and another shotgun or two. Sounds like a trick....

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I would carry a glock because it is easiest for me to give to the other person who will need it to save me or another.

God can be tricky - the specifics are that "I" won't need it, but there is plenty of room there that the guy standing next to me is gonna need it real bad!

mjblazor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 28, 2011
    Isn't that like asking what medicines you would stock if you knew that you and your family would never be sick again?

I don't get it. Why would you carry something that you would never need, and what would you need a CCW handgun for other than to defend yourself or family?

Really, like medicine? Are you a drug addict? Many of us are so called "gun collectors" and might ccw a gun just because we can have one of our collection with us? I am fortunate to live a lifestyle that while not impossible its highly unikely I will ever need a gun (Thank God). But that doesn't mean I don't like to take one of my collection along with me for the ride. Albeit, i practice in case I do need it, cuz its not 100% I wont. The point is, if you didn't ever need a gun and would have one anyway, which would it be (maybe I used wrong "hypothetical analysis).

ncthorn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Really, like medicine? Are you a drug addict? Many of us are so called "gun collectors" and might ccw a gun just because we can have one of our collection with us? I am fortunate to live a lifestyle that while not impossible its highly unikely I will ever need a gun (Thank God). But that doesn't mean I don't like to take one of my collection along with me for the ride. Albeit, i practice in case I do need it, cuz its not 100% I wont. The point is, if you didn't ever need a gun and would have one anyway, which would it be (maybe I used wrong "hypothetical analysis).

Where would you get drug addict from that? He is saying that he wouldn't keep medicine around if it was guaranteed that he would never need it. Most people carry because there is always a chance that you could need the gun. It is unlikely that anyone here would need to have the gun in reality, but as we know all it takes is one time.

leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    If God came down to you and said "you will never ever need a gun for any reason to protect your life or anyone around you", what gun would you CCW?

I wouldn't carry a gun then. I don't carry a gun "for fun," and I'm not a collector. If I didn't need to protect myself or loved ones, then I wouldn't carry a gun.

j4jenk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2012
    Madison County

I see your logic there. Equating medicine and sickness with CCW and defense means I'm a drug addict. Does equating car insurance with driving mean that I'm on the NASCAR circuit?

If you are asking what gun would I carry just for fun with no tactical purpose whatsoever, that's easy, anything from this page:

multibarrelpistols

Any of those would great conversation starters.

Last edited:

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I would ask to borrow his Glock and ask for forgiveness for all my sins.

Its common knowledge, That God gave John Moses Browning the blue prints to the 1911 in a dream one night and told him to build the most popular pistol of all time, a pistol that would endure the ages and last for centuries. Its already made it through one century. Its also belived the idea was also given by god to Leonardo Divinci but could not be build in his time like most of his inventions, Because they were so ahead of his time. ;)

How long has Glock been around? 30 years or so?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I wouldn't carry. The reason I carry is to protect myself and those around me. If I had divine assurance I would never have to, why would I? On a side note, God probably has better things to do than to provide me with such assurances, so in the mean time I will continue to carry two.

Collecting things doesn't equate to carrying them. If you collected beer steins, would you have to have one with you all the time?

Top Bottom