• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ZX-14R

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Its common knowledge, That God gave John Moses Browning the blue prints to the 1911 in a dream one night and told him to build the most popular pistol of all time, a pistol that would endure the ages and last for centuries. Its already made it through one century. Its also belived the idea was also given by god to Leonardo Divinci but could not be build in his time like most of his inventions, Because they were so ahead of his time. ;)

How long has Glock been around? 30 years or so?

It is common knowledge that God does not give us more than we can handle at one time. 2,000 years ago or so, God made swords the most effective and divine weapon. About a hundred years ago, he gave us the 1911 and he looked upon his work and it was good. Then 30 years ago, the lord took us to the next level in reliability and simplicity and gave us the polymer wonder known as the Glock through his prophet Gaston. God changes with the times, always giving us the best technology! :D

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    It is common knowledge that God does not give us more than we can handle at one time. 2,000 years ago or so, God made swords the most effective and divine weapon. About a hundred years ago, he gave us the 1911 and he looked upon his work and it was good. Then 30 years ago, the lord took us to the next level in reliability and simplicity and gave us the polymer wonder known as the Glock through his prophet Gaston. God changes with the times, always giving us the best technology! :D

Ah! But 2,000 years ago regular standing armys did not all carry swords. They were to expensive and labor consuming to produce for the masses. Standing armys back then used spears, and axes much more commonly than the movies would have you belive. Only the very wealthy soldiers (the commanders usually) were skilled swordsman.

As to Glocks I own them too. I will admit they are easier to carry all day than a full sized 1911.

ZX-14R

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Ah! But 2,000 years ago regular standing armys did not all carry swords. They were to expensive and labor consuming to produce for the masses. Standing armys back then used spears, and axes much more commonly than the movies would have you belive. Only the very wealthy soldiers (the commanders usually) were skilled swordsman.

As to Glocks I own them too. I will admit they are easier to carry all day than a full sized 1911.

I also love my 1911's. They are the prettiest gun ever made IMO. To use your example, standing armies do not use Glocks today, this is why they carry the inferior ;) M9.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I also love my 1911's. They are the prettiest gun ever made IMO. To use your example, standing armies do not use Glocks today, this is why they carry the inferior ;) M9.

Yeah I know, You think Glocks would be cheaper to produce, we all know they are more reliable and easier to work on when they do break. And Yes they do break. But they are still made in Austria so they cant get US contracts.

Or atleast I think thats how it works. I know thats why Sig and Beretta moved in country.

Honestly I hope Glock stays right where they are. It seems as soon as a company moves to the US, quality and customer service goes away. Glock had enough problems with the Gen4 fiasco.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    Way to derail a (goofy) thread with Glock drivel. Very subtle.

I would probably alternate between a 10" .50 Desert Eagle, and a S&W 500 Magnum. It would be for show at that point, so you may as well be as showy as possible.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    If god spoke to me about guns, I would a) ask why she doesn't have anything better to do, and b) check myself into a mental institution.

dobeluvr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2012
    Probably a long gun then... He said I would never need it for protection....did not mention food.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I would believe Him :)

BUT according to the Bible when he descends the next time it will be for a much more meaningful purpose and where I will be going at that time I will happily leave all my guns as well as all my other possessions behind to go.

Top Bottom