Hypothetical Assault Weapon Ban Question...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    It would definitely be hard to confiscate considering it would have to be military or police to do so and most would say F that. My best friend is a cop and told me it would be too big of a risk on their lives to go door to door asking for someone's weapons. I feel like quite a few would shoot upon arrival of someone trying to take their weapons.

One avenue of many it would be done is to tell the police to take every gun they find as they perform their duties.
    Over time, there would be large number of guns stolen from us by the government and nobody would be going door to door.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Yes indeed. They're cranking out these shootings like really bad Sylvester Stallone sequels.........Nothing, it would seem, is as it appears... I loved the video in Orlando of the guys carrying "victims" down the sidewalk with no visible wounds or blood "TOWARDS" the club. Why would they all be moving towards the club? At one point they set a "victim" down to stand on his own feet after walking past a camera and when they believed they were out of camera range and they all stood there and laughed....... Notice how there are NO ambulances or air medevacs in any of the videos. The hospital was completely locked down with police tape and cops at every door. No one was allowed in. Why would they do that? Draw your own conclusions.

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Yes indeed. They're cranking out these shootings like really bad Sylvester Stallone sequels.........Nothing, it would seem, is as it appears... I loved the video in Orlando of the guys carrying "victims" down the sidewalk with no visible wounds or blood "TOWARDS" the club. Why would they all be moving towards the club? At one point they set a "victim" down to stand on his own feet after walking past a camera and when they believed they were out of camera range and they all stood there and laughed....... Notice how there are NO ambulances or air medevacs in any of the videos. The hospital was completely locked down with police tape and cops at every door. No one was allowed in. Why would they do that? Draw your own conclusions.

Two reasons that come to mind to answer your questions: No ambulances or helicopters... in the middle of Orlando, finding a place to land a bird is not easy, and ground ambulances don't typically roll in to a dangerous scene. We're often told to "stage" a safe distance away, even at something like a domestic situation in a private home, until the scene is made safe.

As for the hospital, it's easy to :tinfoil:, but the fastest reason that comes to mind is that a hospital is not usually easy to secure. If there are more shooters, we don't want them going where people are already wounded and in need of help, so we secure the hospital's other entrances, and allow only patients and staff in and out.

I can't answer your questions about carrying toward the club, but I can say that the only guy I saw carried as you describe had a visible injury to his right thigh area. I don't know about the laughing, but stopping to reset one's grip and carry someone? Sure.

I'm not saying that everything is as presented, but this doesn't rise to the level of the "Sandy Hook actor forcing tears" video, at least not fully so. What I'm saying is that some of the answers to the good questions you ask are standard practice.

Blessings,
    Bill

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    One of the bodies best reactions to something very traumatic is in fact humor. I've seen family member's laughing as a person draws their last breath. Laughter has a healing effect, especially when blood/guts death are surrounding you.

I sometimes crack jokes with a patient as I am treating a wound. It keeps me from getting nauseated. Laughter helps.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    Most likely grandfathered in like the last time. But if they do choose to go the confiscation route expect two things:

"Sorry officer, they were lost in a tragic boating accident and I no longer am in possession of them." (Please disregard the freshly disturbed soil in the back yard)

Or

"You can have my rifle one bullet at a time... "

But this does bring up one fun problem with a ban. The dude that was caught out in Cali with supposed plans to harm someone at the gay pride parade? His two rifles found in the car were supposed to have been surrendered I heard this AM on the drive to work; He had a conviction for intimidation (or something like that) for brandishing a firearm in a threatening way and part of his plea deal/probation agreement was to get rid of all of his guns. Im quite positive this type of "oversight" is far from unique.

Again, only the respectful law abiding citizens will be the one's affected by this ban, and ultimately the only ones that will turn their firearms in. Unless they have already destroyed them.

Top Bottom