Hypothetical Assault Weapon Ban Question...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And the massacre over the weekend was like a microcosm of the future with gun control. It is almost like a model of the future with banned guns.

Were guns legally allowed in the club, or was it a gun free zone? Yet in walks a banned, "illegal" gun and destroys the occupants who were 100% unarmed because they are law abiding citizens.

Now imagine that club is a model of a future society where NOBODY can have a legal gun. Did the ban prevent the massacre? Did it help those law abiding citizens? Were they safer as-is, or would it have helped if they had the option of possessing their own gun?

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Obviously preaching to the choir, but I do try to point out to anybody I know that they have to use the qualifier "worst mass shooting" because they can't say "worst mass killing." Airplanes, fertilizer, even a gallon of gasoline, have done worse in US history and could still be used regardless of what gun laws are passed.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    And the massacre over the weekend was like a microcosm of the future with gun control. It is almost like a model of the future with banned guns.

Were guns legally allowed in the club, or was it a gun free zone? Yet in walks a banned, "illegal" gun and destroys the occupants who were 100% unarmed because they are law abiding citizens.

Now imagine that club is a model of a future society where NOBODY can have a legal gun. Did the ban prevent the massacre? Did it help those law abiding citizens? Were they safer as-is, or would it have helped if they had the option of possessing their own gun?

According to Florida law, it's illegal to carry in a bar, even with a carry permit.
    I would bet Mateen knew this, and like in most of these cases picked a place where nobody would be armed to resist.

In Indiana, it's not illegal to carry concealed in a bar with a permit, and I would bet the outcome would've been LARGELY different had Mateen walked into a bar in Indiana with 320 or so people.
    He'd have had several likely shooting back at him.
    There would've also not been a hostage situation either.

I'm sure the terrorist nutjobs love the idea of more gun control and more restrictions.

Last edited:

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Ugh, media is trying its best to be stupid. WTHR 13 was talking about his guns and said (I paraphrase some) "the only firearms tracked by BATF are so called "gangster weapons" like machineguns, fully automatic AK-47's, and sawed-off shotguns".

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Ugh, media is trying its best to be stupid. WTHR 13 was talking about his guns and said (I paraphrase some) "the only firearms tracked by BATF are so called "gangster weapons" like machineguns, fully automatic AK-47's, and sawed-off shotguns".

They are not stupid, just ignorant. Blind men attempting to describe an elephant.

Channel 13 is describing the NFA registry, but it does not know what it is.

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Our president is so quick to point out that this murdering scum does not represent all Muslims, but he has no problem saying that this murdering scum does represent firearm owners?

Also heard King Barack talk about the Glock that the murdering scum used, which was capable of "being loaded with multiple clips".

I won't even get started about all the talking heads calling it a fully automatic high powered rifle when in the cell phone videos you can hear the one shot per trigger pull timing of an AR-15. Heck with full auto being so uncontrollable with a single trigger pull to empty mag, more people might be alive if he really did have a full auto.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    If the Govt. is willing to totally defy and ignore the Constitution then there is absolutely no limit to what they can do. To severely limit the Govt. was the reason they wrote a Constitution and formed a Republic. Back in 1776 when the British announced total absolute gun control 3% of the Colonists banded together and killed as many of them as they could with help from the French until the pompous Brits gave up and went home. I really don't think many Americans are willing to go that far today - not even 3%, but that's what it takes to stop a despotic Govt. Voting ain't going to do it when they force us to use electronic voting machines and the whole process is rigged from the start and ALL of the candidates are on the take. To steal a quote from Hunter S. Thompson - Washington is a long filthy trench where pimps and thieves and liars run free........but there is also a dark side......... The Jews saw it in '38 - and we are seeing it now. It is nothing new - it's been going on for thousands of years. It is the main reason that firearms were invented and it is precisely why they want to take them away from us. If you want to know where we are going study the history of where we have been.

Last edited:

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Without confiscation they cannot achieve their ends...so all prospective laws will eventually lead to confiscation. No exceptions, even my early 1800's flintlock pistol would not be excluded...or most of my swords and knives. I mean, what would I need those for if I didn't plan on questioning their authority?

The guns used to guard the concentration camps were confiscated from the political opponents of the fascists. It would be no different here. And it is important to remember that fascism is an economic system not necessarily an anti-Semitic ideology. As in all totalitarian regimes if you disagree you will be eliminated...that is the end purpose of all gun control. They can not convince you that their way is right so they must put you in a position to not disagree.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Moot point, I and the rest of INGO would have either sold or lost every single one of our collective guns in a very very deep lake. To answer the original question they would have to grandfather in all the old guns as no one in their right mind would ever turn them in. Maybe they would required to be registered much like a Silencer or an SBR is currently to limit the transfer.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Moot point, I and the rest of INGO would have either sold or lost every single one of our collective guns in a very very deep lake. To answer the original question they would have to grandfather in all the old guns as no one in their right mind would ever turn them in. Maybe they would required to be registered much like a Silencer or an SBR is currently to limit the transfer.

No one in his right mind would comply with registration, either.

Top Bottom