• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    This guy lost all credibility with me when I found out he recorded his client without his knowledge, but the topper was releasing some of them. Wow

If this is legal, I feel like I may have left some money on the table over my career.

Stupid me, though...I pay my taxes. My unjust, disheartening, **** **** **** taxes.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I think I missed something.

When did Cohen try to blackmail Trump?

He probably recorded Trump because Trump is a fickle boss that can't be trusted. At the time, he probably expected he'd never have to turn over the recordings because every village real estate mogul knows you don't waive attorney-client privilege.

Until that privilege was waived, there was no reason to think they would ever get out.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    If the recordings say what Cohen claims they say, it is interesting that he was Trump's attorney. I work closely with several different attorneys. If I instructed one of them to do something that might not be legal or proper, I would expect any of them to say that to me right then and there. That is why they are paid large sums of money, to keep my dumb ass out of trouble.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Cohen is obviously very sleazy and doesn't nave any personal or professional integrity. Probably getting paid by democrap sources.

Well, I hate to be Captain Obvious all of a sudden, but he did work for a prominent integrity-impaired Democrat for a LONG time and apparently made good money doing it.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I'm not defending cohen or manafort, but if this is all mueller has after about 18 months, it looks like it might be time for the attack dog to sit down.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I'm not defending cohen or manafort, but if this is all mueller has after about 18 months, it looks like it might be time for the attack dog to sit down.
    Yep. It's pretty clear this isnt about Russia anymore this is about Muller and his team pissed off at Trump and going after him at all cost hoping anything will stick and I believe they know they have nothing and are just trying to embarrass him and anyone associated with him at this point. This is a sham. They are handing out immunity once again like candy.
    After this is wrapped up they had better go after the Democrats (or Republicans or purple aliens, anyone who abused power) that participated in this fisa lies and abuse and possibly real Russian collusion and also real national security leaks and damage by Hillary. I want to see a real ****ing effort given or I'm never gonna trust anything from this government again. Like zip nada nothing. My faith in the Republic has been shaken to the core. I never had too much faith in a lot of politicians but I had at least thought the highest levels of our justice system were somewhat secure. Now I don't. My predicted timeline for the collapse of this country just moved up. I just dont see how we come back from this.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    All great empires have run their course and then collapsed. Typically there is rampant corruption and loss of morality at the core of the collapse. The left is just trying to hurry this along.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    All great empires have run their course and then collapsed. Typically there is rampant corruption and loss of morality at the core of the collapse. The left is just trying to hurry this along.
    For sure. The left wants it. They are the biggest threat to freedom. The type of freedom a republic yields does not fit into their plan. They are communist

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Yep. It's pretty clear this isnt about Russia anymore this is about Muller and his team pissed off at Trump and going after him at all cost hoping anything will stick and I believe they know they have nothing and are just trying to embarrass him and anyone associated with him at this point. This is a sham. They are handing out immunity once again like candy.
    After this is wrapped up they had better go after the Democrats (or Republicans or purple aliens, anyone who abused power) that participated in this fisa lies and abuse and possibly real Russian collusion and also real national security leaks and damage by Hillary. I want to see a real ****ing effort given or I'm never gonna trust anything from this government again. Like zip nada nothing. My faith in the Republic has been shaken to the core. I never had too much faith in a lot of politicians but I had at least thought the highest levels of our justice system were somewhat secure. Now I don't. My predicted timeline for the collapse of this country just moved up. I just dont see how we come back from this.

Don't hold your breath. It'll never happen. Even if evidence, real evidence is brought to light, if they ever get their fill of trying to frame Trump, they'll just move on to gas prices or some aspect of the economy to bring try and stop a second term.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Pardon the interruption of this circle jerk, but it looks like at least some people here are completely holding Trump non-responsible for the campaign violations?

Am I reading that right?

Do you guys think Trump maybe had Cohen do some stuff he shouldn't have done, while knowing he shouldn't have done it?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Don't hold your breath. It'll never happen. Even if evidence, real evidence is brought to light, if they ever get their fill of trying to frame Trump, they'll just move on to gas prices or some aspect of the economy to bring try and stop a second term.
    Na I doubt they wanna go toe to toe with trump on real issues. The Democrats have NO solutions on how to fix this country. Just like with immigration, they dont want to enforce any laws or make new ones even they just want to make it a free for all and open borders and allow all the illegals to have citizenship or vote. Anything to get themselves elected so they can **** more **** up.
    They dont care about the country and the country is finaly waking up. You look at all the loudest triggers libs and they are not averageAmericans. They are freaks and losers and criminals mostly. Talk about deplorables.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Pardon the interruption of this circle jerk, but it looks like at least some people here are completely holding Trump non-responsible for the campaign violations?

Am I reading that right?

Do you guys think Trump maybe had Cohen do some stuff he shouldn't have done, while knowing he shouldn't have done it?
    Nope I don't think he did anything legally wrong I really dont. If a fine needs to be imposed then do it like they did to Hillary and Obama and John Edward's after they couldnt convict him, ect.
    No law was broken here by trump. I dont even think Cohen broke a law regarding campaign stuff so far. This is a bunch of bull hockey.
    Also I really honestly could care less about this. I honestly hope trump pardons Manafort. The government is a huge bully. How many average Americans have lied to get a loan? Honestly asking I dont know, but I bet it's a lot and a lot of them probably didnt even know it was illegal because they are idiots but still.
    Maybe not a full pardon but no jail time. He broke the law and he did know it so I dont agree with completely erasing that but This kinda tactics and mafioso attitude the govt has because they are "the law" is really ****ing old. And like I've said before it's getting hard to tell the differnce between the govt and the mafia.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Am I reading that right?

Has any of the money involved been proven to come from the Trump campaign (as an entity)? Honest question. All I've heard is that Cohen paid the money and Trump paid him back out of his own pocket. Would this still be illegal if Trump was not a candidate?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    About the recordings, I kinda doubt they contain much we don’t already know, at least in terms of incriminating Trump for campaign finance violations. Lanny Davis effectively admitted as much to Chuck Todd. Todd asked him if there was any evidence that Trump directed Cohen to break the law, or if it’s Cohen’s word against Trump’s, and Davis just hemhawed, and tried to redirect, then answered a question that wasn’t asked.

And I don’t think there’s anything on the Russian collusion front either on the recordings. Maybe he has some more locker room talk.

Top Bottom