• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    It was just a light-hearted poke at the several companies that are trumpeting the success as if they are engaged that have not actually done much to help in the effort. Indiana Class III dealers like SSNFA, 21st Century, Down By The Tracks and Front Towards Enemy (among others) are the ones pressing the issue and the NRA is doing much of the legwork behind the scene to get the legislators on board.

I understood that. I misread it at first then I just wasnt sure how to word it and add that at the same time. I think I re-edited my post about 5 times until it made a little bit of sense, but by that time it had nothing to do with your quote.

I agree with you on other companies taking credit for some things, but at least they're helping get the word out there. Just not so much putting in the physical time like you guys:): Thanks again for all you and the others listed have done.:patriot:

GEMTECH

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    Greetings, INGO!

We followed one of the posts over here from our Facebook account, was nice to see the warm words of welcome, but obviously there's a welcome poke as well. Which is fine by us, we're okay with some good-natured Indiana hazing :)

But the full wording of our post should be carried over here for anyone reading anything into this that shouldn't be:

"[We're] Sending some positive vibes Indy-way as several members of the House and Senate went shooting suppressors with our dealers and the NRA today, helping make educated decisions on the pro-silencer hunting bill working its way through legislature there!"

Sending some good thoughts = Cheering on and supporting: Not taking credit for other's work.
    Our dealers = Down By The Tracks and SSNFA were our stocking dealers referenced that were invited to the educational shoot and were on record as testifying earlier.

GEMTECH has done "behind the scenes" assistance in a few states legalization of silencers and/or their use. We don't take credit for things we haven't done, and - for that matter - don't really care to take credit for a lot of the things we *have* helped out with. We're content to know we've supported others that are on the front lines of legislation, either financially, educationally, or just with simple moral support and advice.

We aren't looking for any glory when it's due others - our blog and facebook are educational and cheerleading when it comes to political victories or potential for progress. That alone is "helping out" the suppressor community, something we've done with tens of thousands of our dollars and many hours of our time, even before it was cool.

We don't ever mean to take anything away from those that worked from Day One on things like this, nor do we deserve to be lumped in with those guys always hanging around at the finish line, claiming credit for running the whole race for you.

:)

GTI

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Greetings, INGO!

We followed one of the posts over here from our Facebook account, was nice to see the warm words of welcome, but obviously there's a welcome poke as well. Which is fine by us, we're okay with some good-natured Indiana hazing :)

But the full wording of our post should be carried over here for anyone reading anything into this that shouldn't be:

"[We're] Sending some positive vibes Indy-way as several members of the House and Senate went shooting suppressors with our dealers and the NRA today, helping make educated decisions on the pro-silencer hunting bill working its way through legislature there!"

Sending some good thoughts = Cheering on and supporting: Not taking credit for other's work.
    Our dealers = Down By The Tracks and SSNFA were our stocking dealers referenced that were invited to the educational shoot and were on record as testifying earlier.

GEMTECH has done "behind the scenes" assistance in a few states legalization of silencers and/or their use. We don't take credit for things we haven't done, and - for that matter - don't really care to take credit for a lot of the things we *have* helped out with. We're content to know we've supported others that are on the front lines of legislation, either financially, educationally, or just with simple moral support and advice.

We aren't looking for any glory when it's due others - our blog and facebook are educational and cheerleading when it comes to political victories or potential for progress. That alone is "helping out" the suppressor community, something we've done with tens of thousands of our dollars and many hours of our time, even before it was cool.

We don't ever mean to take anything away from those that worked from Day One on things like this, nor do we deserve to be lumped in with those guys always hanging around at the finish line, claiming credit for running the whole race for you.

:)

GTI

Welcome to :ingo: I dont think anyone actually meant you were taking credit for it. Sorry if my earlier post seemed like that. Its good to know you guys are helping spread the word. Cant wait to hear some advice from you in the forum.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    GEMTECH

keep the silencer 22 rounds coming. Those things are the champ in my old target rifles without surpressors. I think i am going to pull one apart and look at the bullet.

Thanks.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    GEMTECH, :welcome: to :ingo:! Thanks for taking the time to stop by INGO and say hi. I hope to see your contributions to the boards. Also, thanks for helping out with some of the leg work that is needed in legislature.

Llamaguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Arkadelphia, AR
    I really don't understand the hate for this. If anything this is just a safety precaution for hunters. It's not a silencer that will make you a ninja hunter. I didn't even think this was an issue before finding it in the book.

Revopop

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Evansville, the Shallow South
    The problem is that people think "silencers" make all guns sound as quiet as a pop can being opened, like in the movies. That was the whole point of the outing, but apparently the lessons learned didn't take.

Top Bottom