• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Someday they'll add microchips to the mandatory injections for school children. They already have the perfect precedent.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    You won't be tricked into that for the convenience of unlocking the door it will be a conscious choice. As for this, I think i'll stick to my old fashioned key and card reader. I don't need any special permissions to use our copiers anyway.

I'm not concerned about the religious reference.

However, these things don't happen by intentional trickery. Your SS was originally just for the purpose of your SS payment and related references. There are perhaps still some laws that technically prevent a company from "requiring" it. Yet government agencies insist on using it for ID and insist that you have such a number.

An ID card is also now required for more interactions. I had to show my ID at Chase yesterday to make a $28 cash deposit into my business account. That's their new policy related to money laundering avoidance and investigations. I understand the wisdom of asking for ID for a withdrawal. Asking for ID for a deposit is purely for the government's potential prosecutorial convenience.

It's very difficult to rent a car or a hotel room without a credit card.

So if microchips become more widespread, then they can become the standard. And once they are scanned somewhere, they can be tracked just as you now leave a trail where you use your credit cards or other forms of identification.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I'm not concerned about the religious reference.

However, these things don't happen by intentional trickery. Your SS was originally just for the purpose of your SS payment and related references. There are perhaps still some laws that technically prevent a company from "requiring" it. Yet government agencies insist on using it for ID and insist that you have such a number.

An ID card is also now required for more interactions. I had to show my ID at Chase yesterday to make a $28 cash deposit into my business account. That's their new policy related to money laundering avoidance and investigations. I understand the wisdom of asking for ID for a withdrawal. Asking for ID for a deposit is purely for the government's potential prosecutorial convenience.

It's very difficult to rent a car or a hotel room without a credit card.

So if microchips become more widespread, then they can become the standard. And once they are scanned somewhere, they can be tracked just as you now leave a trail where you use your credit cards or other forms of identification.

Yeah, and also, is there anybody who believes that it will be that much more difficult to clone micro-chips than to clone credit cards, or to make a fake ID card?

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Yeah, and also, is there anybody who believes that it will be that much more difficult to clone micro-chips than to clone credit cards, or to make a fake ID card?

I work at a place where we tag animals. Want me to show you how fast I can scan, program a new chip, and implant it.... never mind, already done.

That being said, I'm an IT nerd who undertands encryption fairly well. It'd be pretty easy to have an encrypted chip in your wrist, and the decrypt key be your finger print. Just because it's in your body doesn't mean it's active security. Like your pin number at the ATM, you need a handshake. A finger print is nearly as unique as it gets.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    They can count me out. No way I'd choose the "convenience" of a chip.

I wouldn't either. However, it didn't take me long to give in to the convenience of google maps/location. At least we can turn our phone off or leave it behind more easily than removing a chip. I'm just thinking though that people would pretty quickly give in to the convenience. Then someday you'll be the tinfoil hat weirdo that won't use one.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Yeah tinfoil all around. Hey, remember when your SS card had this little notation at the bottom?

SSN1x.jpg

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Well, I have to do it:

From the article:

Want to gain entry to your office, get on a bus, or perhaps buy a sandwich? We're all getting used to swiping a card to do all these things. But at Epicenter, a new hi-tech office block in Sweden, they are trying a different approach - a chip under the skin...

..That's all because he has a tiny RFID (radio-frequency identification) chip, about the size of a grain of rice, implanted in his hand.

Compare:

..it causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand or the forehead, so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name.

(Revelation 13:16-17 ESV)

More than a little eerie. Is the author of the article possibly screwing with the reader a little by throwing in detail reminiscent of this well known passage? Maybe.

...and i don't think anyone is claiming the company in Sweden is "The Beast".

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    137   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Well, I have to do it:

From the article:

Compare:

More than a little eerie. Is the author of the article possibly screwing with the reader a little by throwing in detail reminiscent of this well known passage? Maybe.

Well, it has to start somewhere.:tinfoil:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    They can count me out. No way I'd choose the "convenience" of a chip.

But at least you understand that it is a choice. Some people will choose the convenience of this technology and it WILL become more common.

As long as it's not mandated, I have no issues with the concept of it.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    I have two daughters. I anxiously await the ability to inject them with tracking chips. Hope it happens before they're of dating age.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Well, I have to do it:

From the article:

Compare:

So left and I'm good?

Top Bottom