• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indyvet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Ssays it is a shop in the Indy area but they declined to say which one. They kept that under wraps really well. I know it was not my shop. That would have shut me down unless you wanted accessories. Also it was only 30k rounds of ammo. Had to be a decent size shop if they are missing 500 guns and no one noticed.

Indyvet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    I bet this was the guy who did Pops and that west side shop.
    Last time pops got hit was last summer wasn't it? Those guys got away with a handful of what looked like cobra boxes. They surely did not get out of there with 500 guns and ammo. It says it was a three week investigation which means it happened recently, everybody did a good job of keeping it quite.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Probably part of ATF's fast and delirious program to see how long it would take a gun store owner to notice he had a couple of things missing from his shop!

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Shoot "KID" I was about to call you when I read the article again, I thought it said Indy Area Gun Owner, not Indy Area Gun Shop!

sidewinder27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield
    I bet this was the guy who did Pops and wasn't there a west side shop that was burglarized?

Liberty Guns in Avon was broken into a year or two ago. I was in there the next day or two and bought a gun and they said all they got were a few cheap used shotguns. The guy said the cops got there so quick they didnt have time to get much before they were hearing sirens. I dont think they ever cought them.

Also like the comments on the new story the numbers arent adding up. This couldnt have come from one store and would have had to been over a lot years.

Last edited:

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    After reading the comments on the second link, it seems that the accused was the trusted manager of a gun shop and that the owner was ill and he took them over a period of four years.
    One of the commentors (Mindach) seems to be LEO and stated once "I was there"

So, this doesn't seem to have been a break in. More of an inside job. I would hazard a guess that the 500 guns that have been seized weren't all stolen from the shop. Most probably were legally purchased, but the media would never let facts get in the way of a good story.
    Not to say this guy doesn't deserve to be hung out to dry if found guilty.

Still, I wonder what shop he worked for.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    They said 500 guns and 30,000 rounds of ammo was valued at 2 million?

Lets make this math easy, he had 100K cash, so 1.9 million left. 30K rounds of ammo at $2 a pop (spendy), thats 1.84 million left. 1.84 million divided by 500 = $3,680 per gun.

Some expensive guns and ammo.

mms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Greenwood
    They said 500 guns and 30,000 rounds of ammo was valued at 2 million?

Lets make this math easy, he had 100K cash, so 1.9 million left. 30K rounds of ammo at $2 a pop (spendy), thats 1.84 million left. 1.84 million divided by 500 = $3,680 per gun.

Some expensive guns and ammo.

must be using don's prices as their source..........

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    No body in the media or politics can do simple math, why do you think we have the curent budget mess in Washington. The pictrure showed only a trunk full of guns, which might be only a fraction of what they recovered. Seems like I remember the guys at Pop's complaining about being broken into on almost a regular basis. Maybe that's why their selection was thin the last time I was there, Saw a 98K in the mix, maybe it was Wannamaker guns. We'll find out at some point probly. :popcorn:

Top Bottom