• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ttrimcobra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2013
    Lafayette
    That picture in post 18 is awesome! Im sure the officers that responded wanted nothing more than to shoot the 50 but like others have said they probably didn't want to get involved.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 17, 2010
    Freedom , yes really Freedom
    That picture in post 18 is awesome! Im sure the officers that responded wanted nothing more than to shoot the 50 but like others have said they probably didn't want to get involved.

The more I think about it the more I think thats right. Word would get around about it , and they would be concerned about repercussions.
    As for the pic, Im pretty fond of it. Gotta get the kids interested and begin the safety rules now so they grow into them.

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    Seems like every time I shot a CETmE the local sheriff would get called. Always cool good interaction i offered several BCSD guys a turn, big smiles but always turned down. A guy i know was shooting a 50bmg at the same place a different day and no call. Weird but the last time I shot that 308 monster I did it at a sheriffs private range. Figured I would save the county money since he was already there.

Cudoes to you and thanks for the post. But I know the real reason they wouldn't shoot the 50. They didn't want to look silly. First time I shot one I giggled like a school girl for hours!!

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 17, 2010
    Freedom , yes really Freedom
    Im with you, first time I shot 50bmg I chuckled about it all day and never even shut up about it for a week.

Regardless of who the responders were, Ive already decided Im going to get pizzas or something delivered with a thankyou. One dept with get pizzas (or whatever) for no reason. But you know it will make me feel better about the whole thing.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    300y isn't that far away for noise complaints on that gun or tannerite. How much AN were you shooting at a time?

The people may have been wondering if the mine was operational again :)

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I have an interesting story that I should have posted awhile ago.

I was at my mothers house which is adjacent to a closed quarry (we have permission to shoot in parts of). We were having a little fun and really opening up the 50bmg out to ~800yds, shooting a little tannerite, sighting in the 22-250 and so on. Its really great to shoot into a 150ft+ crumbling rock wall as your backstop. Yes, yes I know I have a distance range and backstop that only some could dream of. I feel really blessed for that.
    Anyway, apparently there was a rather insane number of phone calls to the police department (25+) about the "explosions" going on. I know that the sounds probably echoed coming out of the quarry and such, but it is a good 300-350yds to the closest house (behind us) from where we were shooting.
    The sheriff dept responded with 2 officers. They were very polite and courteous, asked about our backstop, and asked how much hearing protection we were wearing. I asked them if they wanted to give it a go on the 50bmg, they declined and said maybe next time (with a chuckle). They wished up luck and told us to be safe.
    The end.

I know not exciting at all, they did their job and made sure the things going on were all legal and went on their way.

That is how basically all of these kind of calls go out my way. We often have liberal types move out here and whine every time they hear a gunshot or someone shoot off a tanerite charge. By policy we have to go if dispatched. Our county dispatch center sends someone to every single call where the caller asks for a response. No screening and no common sense.

Top Bottom