• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sig-sweet

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I can't believe it, I just can't believe what happened. I guess I should, I just figured that America......Americans for God's sake would never sink so low.
    I always felt there was hope, hope in our system, in OUR way of life I just don't believe there is hope now. WE aren't running our system anymore. What the idiot sheepeople didn't give them, just just took.

inxs

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    Fortunately for me I can do the what is best for me at this time - shrug. (somewhat obscure literary reference) If they're getting ridiculous on income taxes, reduce your income. Fortunately for me there's a buyout being offered so welcome to early retirement.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Fortunately for me I can do the what is best for me at this time - shrug. (somewhat obscure literary reference) If they're getting ridiculous on income taxes, reduce your income. Fortunately for me there's a buyout being offered so welcome to early retirement.

"Sometimes you kick - sometimes you GET kicked!"

nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    I saw that there were a couple Hoosier reps who voted for it. Ugh.

One thing I was glad to see was that no Republicans voted for it. The conservative talk show hosts have been saying that was important in the ongoing battle because it means the blame will be squarely on the Dems, which should help come November.

Let me point out, ALL the Indiana Dems voted for it, all 5. If they had not.....this bill would NOT have passed.

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    Well, we should set up a betting pool, squares or something, on the election coming up. Have an Indiana pool and then a national one. $1 a square, winner takes 75%, 25% goes to the running of INGO?

What do you think?

DocBoCook

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clermont
    INXS, hope you don't have any pre-existing conditions or you might get opted out of insurance.

Anyone got an AR15 and a few thousand rounds I can borrow?
    No, but I'm sure there are lots of people who got one we can share with around a 1000. time to start pooling resources and getting organized just in case something bad happens. My country, I fought for for 12 years, did two tours in Iraq, has just Crapped in my Face.

r.o.b.o.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010

This right here is a HUGE problem. you stated if taxes are too high "reduce your income". Are you serious? So when the company owners "reduce their income" and shut down their business millions of people are out of work. No more entrepreneurs because there is no motivation to work hard. Why work my ass off to become successful and improve the lives of my family when there are people not working at all and living the exact same lifestyle. No more new products, healthcare advances, etc because there is no motivation to succeed. Why work hard? Eventually noone works hard, noone wants to be boss, and everyone is unemployed. CANT WAIT.

Most successful people aren't successful because they were born that way, they busted their ass for it and put many many hours into their career. (of course some people were born into it or blessed with physical talents)

I have no problem supporting those who truly deserve it (soldiers, those who truly cant work, etc) but I am in no way supporting able-bodied people who are too lazy to work. FORCE them to work by not giving them handouts for absolutely everything. Of course they are not going to go out and work when they can sit at home watching court-tv, have sex and making kids, and collecting off of the people out busting their ass everyday.

Last edited:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    This right here is a HUGE problem. you stated if taxes are too high "reduce your income". Are you serious? So when the company owners "reduce their income" and shut down their business millions of people are out of work. No more entrepreneurs because there is no motivation to work hard. Why work my ass off to become successful and improve the lives of my family when there are people not working at all and living the exact same lifestyle. No more new products, healthcare advances, etc because there is no motivation to succeed. Why work hard? Eventually noone works hard, noone wants to be boss, and everyone is unemployed. CANT WAIT.

I'll say it again. Who is John Galt?

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008

Have you read Atlas Shrugged?

Mokkie

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2010
    No, but I'm sure there are lots of people who got one we can share with around a 1000. time to start pooling resources and getting organized just in case something bad happens. My country, I fought for for 12 years, did two tours in Iraq, has just Crapped in my Face.
    Not only you but everyone who ever wore the uniform. Now I am not as proud of my country as I once was.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Not only you but everyone who ever wore the uniform. Now I am not as proud of my country as I once was.

Oh, you can be as proud of your country. It is a country which is, for the most part, filled with honest, hard-working, decent, compassionate, law abiding, productive people. If this were not the case, it would have failed long ago, but has continued to succeed in spite of the many predations of Dems and Reps.

It is our government which brings shame to this nation.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I don't know if this has been posted elsewhere but, as promised by the mighty changer, here is a link to the bill so you can see what's in it.

Interestingly, they were smart enough to specifically "protect" us from collection of information related to "lawful possession of a firearm or ammunition" in relation to this bill.

Just search for "firearm" in the .pdf. After your processor recovers (it's over 2,400 pages) you'll see 10 hits.

Happy wailing & gnashing of teeth, etc., etc.

Top Bottom