• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Those islands have boat rentals, or you could max out your credit and buy a boat. Then just boat on over to the caymans. And definitely buy a gun with lots of ammo.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'd put it in my bags, and when the Canadian border says "Do you have any...." blah blah, I say "No."

Then I enjoy smoking them when I get home.

ThatOneKid

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2014
    Batesville
    It would take some time, but... On a cruise ship you don't go through a metal detector when re-boarding the ship. tape the bars to your self and re-enter the cruise ship. return to the states and put in your carry off luggage... take to your car & drive home. Then give me 1/2.

The last cruise I went on everyone had too. But gold won't set off a metal detector (or at least most of them) unless it has iron in it. I dig the scuba weight idea

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    It would hardly take a ton of elemental tungsten to coat 300 lbs. of gold bars. The real effort would be finding a vacuum chamber that can melt the tungsten for the sputtering or vacuum deposition process.

By a "ton" I meant "oodles", which means "more than you can find in a lightbulb". Your backup point goes way beyond my metullurgical skills (that stop at knowing lead melts), but further says that would be difficult in the Bahamas :)

Last edited:

MDave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 1, 2009
    Why not just stay where you found it? Provided it's a nice tropical location.
    Ding ding ding. Winner. For me the correct answer would be to disappear. Put myself in the personal witness protection program.

gundog60

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2014
    South of Indy
    Sun, sand, and surf-with NO Boss on my back versus snow, sleet, and slush and the pecker wood always hollering about how slow I am at work while he sits on his fat arse and tells everyone else the same thing, over and over, all day long: Yes I am so buying stock in sun tan lotion, sunglasses, and surf wear and will be as slow as I want for the rest of my days.

Top Bottom