• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bblicharski

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    i would have done the same exact, you sized up the situation, kept calm, prepared for what might have happened, situation didn't escalate, no one ever had a second thought. I have had a couple situations like that.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    I understand what you are saying. How is that a smart man like yourself cannot comprehend that I simply disagree with you?
    Joe - I totally respect and appreciate the fact that you simply disagree. I'm just not sure that we've ever disagreed on a point that has actually been raised in this thread - other than the fact that you've labeled several of us as hypocrites for agreeing with RNM that we'd pay the guy in the donut shop some additional attention under the circumstances. If you wouldn't - that's certainly your prerogative. But the fact that I would doesn't exactly put me in the camp of the Brady Campaign.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    No, I'm merely making note of the hypocrisy you and others in this thread are displaying. Every time someone posts a thread about cops checking them out because they are carrying a gun, or every time someone has an encounter with an unarmed citizen a little wigged by someone carrying a gun, people on this site go bonkers.

Now, one of our own does EXACTLY the same thing, and we are supposed to pretend that it's all hunky dorey? Hardly.

I'd bet that most the people on here that go bonkers don't actually have their hand wrapped around the grip of their pistols when the cash register opens either.

Support that number.

I want to see proof that 99% of the members of this board think that a person OC'ing a gun is immediately to be guarded against as a criminal.

I want to see proof that 99% of the members of this board are so ashamed of carrying a gun that they think they should be regarded as a criminal simply for carrying a gun.

99%... that's a pretty big number. Show me 99% of the board members here are the kind of hypocrite you have just claimed they are.

1) If I don't know you and I see you're carrying a gun, you're **** right I will keep my guard up till I watch your behavior

2) huh? He stated that he noticed a gun and his guard went up (mine would have too) dont want to be thought of possibly being a criminal ? keep your hand off the grip especially when the cash register opens

3) if situational awareness, looking out for MY own life by not trusting everyone i meet, and using a little common sense( not fingering my weapon especially in public around open cash registers then i guess I'm a hypocrite

Kenny

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    But you called us hypocrites, didn't you?

I'm one of the 99% BTW.

Yes, I called you hypocrites. And I mean it. I'm saving this thread... as soon as any one of you say a word elsewhere about "sheeple" or someone else being hassled, I'm going to repost your own words in this thread, where ya'll keep saying that having a gun makes you a suspected criminal.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Yes, I called you hypocrites. And I mean it. I'm saving this thread... as soon as any one of you say a word elsewhere about "sheeple" or someone else being hassled, I'm going to repost your own words in this thread, where ya'll keep saying that having a gun makes you a suspected criminal.

I have no doubt you mean it.

Do you actually enjoy INGO anymore? The past couple of days you seem really unhappy here. Maybe I'm wrong. :dunno:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I have no doubt you mean it.

Do you actually enjoy INGO anymore? The past couple of days you seem really unhappy here. Maybe I'm wrong. :dunno:

Kind of the same tactic Obama's supporters use, there. Don't agree with him, must be racist. Don't like backwards, Brady Bunch hysteria that equates being a gun carrier with being a potential criminal, must not like INGO :rolleyes:

Yeah. I like INGO. I just don't like being called a potential mass murderer just because I choose to OC now and again.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Kind of the same tactic Obama's supporters use, there. Don't agree with him, must be racist. Don't like backwards, Brady Bunch hysteria that equates being a gun carrier with being a potential criminal, must not like INGO :rolleyes:

Yeah. I like INGO. I just don't like being called a potential mass murderer just because I choose to OC now and again.

I didn't ask if you liked INGO, rather if you enjoyed it anymore. Going back to your posts yesterday about the classifieds, you seem very angry. Just look at your tone.

I'm not name calling, though it is tempting after being called a hypocrite and being likened to Obama's supporters and the Brady bunch.

I spend a great deal of my work day working with strong personalities -- I like to have them on my team because it leads to innovation and results. But it is not okay for folks to have an angry tone like you've been backed into a corner.

Anyhow, I respect your opinion.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton

But it wasn't the fact he was open carrying that set off the red flag it was the fact that he reached for his weapon and palmed the grip when the cash register opened. I didn't see where he said the guy with the pistol looked like a mass murder because he was open carrying.

I for one believe that anyone carrying in a holster is LESS likely to be a criminal, now the man in question was Pocket carrying 1st red flag for me I'd be keeping an eye on him
    2nd red flag-he reached for his pistol when the cash drawer opened granted he could have "forgot" he had his pistol in that pocket, I personally have never "forgot "I had my gun on.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I do wonder... while you were watching him and worried about him robbing the place because he was OC'ing, how many people were watching YOU for the same reason? While it's certainly incumbent on us to be aware of who and what is around us, do we really have a moral footing to make fun of "sheeple," if we react the same way they do when we see a man with a gun?

Joe this is your original issue.

I do wonder... while you were watching him and worried about him robbing the place because he was OC'ing,
    This fella ahead of me 6'4" 300ish Baggy Embroidered Jean Shorts and long printed shirt had a 357 clipped into his jeans front pocket completely exposed. No biggie, glad I caught it.
    how many people were watching YOU for the same reason?
    my right hand instinctively found its place under my over shirt and rested on my belt
    do we really have a moral footing to make fun of "sheeple," if we react the same way they do when we see a man with a gun?
    As he walked up to pay both of his hands drop down to his sides, the left into his pocket and his right resting on his revolver's grip. When the cash register opened his right hand slid into the revolvers grip a little more towards the hammer......

The story stops here

.....And you were completely wrong on all accounts. You could have stopped and just agreed with......

it's certainly incumbent on us to be aware of who and what is around us

But you felt is was necessary to push the hypocrite issue. My gut tells me you were still sore from the :horse: you got last night. And you came on here tonight with the same result.. either we are all wrong or you can't see the forest through the trees. It sounds like a good time to be humble, so we can move on and still be friends... or ...:dunno:....your choice! :horse: until the mods have had enough and shut another one of your lame attempts to critisize INGO members publically.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Joe this is your original issue.

.....And you were completely wrong on all accounts. You could have stopped and just agreed with......

But you felt is was necessary to push the hypocrite issue. My gut tells me you were still soar from the :horse: you got last night. And you came on here tonight with the same result.. either we are all wrong or you can't see the forest through the trees. It sounds like a good time to be humble, so we can move on and still be friends... or ...:dunno:....your choice! :horse:

What on Earth made you think we were friends?

As for the issue at hand, anybody who thinks somebody OC'ing is grounds to view them as a potential criminal. Sorry, but you've got no business calling yourself progun if you think the mere act of carrying a gun is something to be ashamed of, something to be wary of, something to watch with any more caution than people around you.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    now were saving forum comments in an effort to throw them back in someones face? lol. AHA! Ive got you now! pump the brakes turbo. its just an internet discussion.

Top Bottom